Author Topic: Libya: bombing both sides?  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Libya: bombing both sides?
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »
H/T: smalldeadanimals

As NATO takes over control of airstrikes in Libya, and the Obama administration considers new steps to tip the balance of power there, the coalition has told the rebels that if they endanger civilians, they will not be shielded from possible bombardment by NATO planes and missiles, just as the government’s forces have been punished.

“We’ve been conveying a message to the rebels that we will be compelled to defend civilians, whether pro-Qaddafi or pro-opposition,” said a senior Obama administration official. “We are working very hard behind the scenes with the rebels so we don’t confront a situation where we face a decision to strike the rebels to defend civilians.”

Just in case you had been holding out any hope to the contrary, it's now officially a full blown fustercluck.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Libya: bombing both sides?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 08:44:21 PM »

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheeels
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy's tale comes real
I've blown it all away

But now it's just another show
You leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away

I've bombed them all from both sides now
From Sheik to Shake, and still somehow
It's vain illusions I recall
I really don't know how to fight at all

I really don't know how to fight at all

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:16:30 PM »
The Keystone Rebels or is it Chinese firedrill?

Weasel has the video

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/03/31/good-grief-libyan-rebels-could-be-the-worst-fighters-in-the-world/
Good Grief: Libyan Rebels Could Be The Worst Fighters In The World…

As Israel can attest to, Arabs can’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag, this being a prime example.

This video here at WeaselZippers is, well, the reporterette says it all...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:00:41 AM »
Yeah I just read another article about that. It's looking like we are going to end up with what everyone has been calling the worst possible outcome: Qadaffi still in power. After all the bluster from the White House and the half-hearted use of force, and Qadaffi will still be in power. He'll still be in power, but having learned an important new lesson (not lost on all the world's other a-holes either): don't give up your WMD programs, especially nukes.

At least when Bush gave Hussein 48 hours to get out, he meant it. Half-measures are worse than inaction. Amateur Hour doesn't even begin to describe our "leadership".

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 04:02:50 AM »
Yeah I just read another article about that. It's looking like we are going to end up with what everyone has been calling the worst possible outcome: Qadaffi still in power.

As predicted by this site from the very beginning .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »
Yeah, hopey/changey fails in translation to pretty much everything it is applied to!

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 08:16:11 AM »
  I don't think France and Italy and the UK can live with him still in power considering he supplies a huge amount of oil to them. What are the odds that he cuts them all off if he stays? I look to ground troops to be used.

As for the rebels in a way I find some comfort in knowing that they are clueless show that they aren't Jihadi pros.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 08:21:04 AM »
  I don't think France and Italy and the UK can live with him still in power considering he supplies a huge amount of oil to them. What are the odds that he cuts them all off if he stays? I look to ground troops to be used.

As for the rebels in a way I find some comfort in knowing that they are clueless show that they aren't Jihadi pros.

I still think if anyone puts "boots on the ground" it will be France which would end the initial controversy almost immediately , put to rest supplying the rebels and give a better look at what the aftermath ( for better or worse ) will be .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 08:24:33 AM »

I still think if anyone puts "boots on the ground" it will be France which would end the initial controversy almost immediately , put to rest supplying the rebels and give a better look at what the aftermath ( for better or worse ) will be .

I sure as hell don't want any part of arming them. If anything give them lazers to spot targets and that's it.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 08:35:39 AM »

I sure as hell don't want any part of arming them. If anything give them lazers to spot targets and that's it.

Yeah, if I were pilot I don't think I want to be guided by the likes of those clowns!  Who knows what the hell you'd be bombing...

It doesn't really matter to me, but it may matter to them!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 10:51:04 AM »

Yeah, if I were pilot I don't think I want to be guided by the likes of those clowns!  Who knows what the hell you'd be bombing...

It doesn't really matter to me, but it may matter to them!

Good point. Maybe they can be used as guides.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Steyn discussing this on Rush right now.

- Yours Truly