Author Topic: Maryland Democrats Ram Through Sweeping Gun Control over Holiday Weekend  (Read 946 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
This measure is an "assault weapons" ban which is so draconian that it punishes law-abiding gun owners whose guns are stolen from their homes.

"In this way, the legislation not only bars the procurement of new "assault weapons" but also turns ownership of weapons acquired before the ban into a risky proposition.

Republican delegate Mike Smigiel offered an amendment that would have changed the language in S.B. 281 so as to protect gun owners by punishing criminals who steal guns instead, but Democrats mounted a push keep Smigiel's amendment from passing. 

Former Secret Service Agent and 2012 candidate for U.S. Senate in Maryland Daniel Bongino spoke to Breitbart News and described the antics behind the defeat of Smigiel's amendment:

Political cowards in the Maryland legislature scheduled a gun hearing on Good Friday to avoid media attention after a massive public outcry against this overreaching legislative firearm grab. Then...they broke their own parliamentary procedures in order to punish legal firearm owners and protect criminals.

Republican delegate Mike Smigiel introduced a common-sense amendment to Gov. O'Malley's S.B. 281--an amendment that would have punished criminals who steal guns from the homes of their owners. The original bill only punished the firearm owner for having his or her home broken into, but contained no punishment for the actual criminal. Smigiel's amendment passed on a proper committee vote. But the committee Chair then took the unprecedented step of ordering a new vote. The Chair was then able to use bullying tactics to force two Democrats to change their votes which, in turn, killed the amendment.

The day before the vote on S.B. 281 took place, the NRA used similar language in warning of Gov. O'Malley's "deceptive tactics and political bullying"."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Obviously they don't want to punish thieves of guns because that robs them of the ability to make gun owners cower in fear of owning a firearm at all.

F***ers.

Hate.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
WAR, IDP.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
What Connecticut did was worse. They are going to have some kind of authorization needed in advance to purchase a firearm or ammunition. That is the kind of thing that police states do.

—Ban sales of high-capacity ammunition magazines;

—Background checks for private gun sales;

—New registry for existing magazines that carry 10 or more bullets;

—Statewide dangerous weapon offender registry, which lawmakers said is the nation’s first;

—Immediate universal background checks for all firearms sales;

—Expansion of Connecticut’s assault weapons ban;

—Safety training and other requirements to buy any rifle, shotgun or ammunition;

—Increases minimum age eligibility for purchase of some semi-automatic rifles to 21;

— Expands requirements for safe storage of firearms;

— Increases penalties for firearms trafficking and illegal possession offenses.

Or this link...

The package also creates what lawmakers said is the nation's first statewide dangerous weapon offender registry, creates a new "ammunition eligibility certificate," imposes immediate universal background checks for all firearms sales, and extends the state's assault weapons ban to 100 new types of firearms and requires that a weapon have only one of several features in order to be banned.

It is talk of things like this and now this that are pushing (hard) the ammunition buying panic.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:54:08 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
WAR, IDP.

They are bound and determined to make it so, literally.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
WAR, IDP.

They are bound and determined to make it so, literally.

The cowards perpetrating this are oblivious to the consequences, as are the enablers sitting by and refusing to take a stand.

Good Whittle clip Weisshaupt, that is exactly how the debate should be framed by leaders, sure wish there were some around!

Oh, and their co-conspirators are pressing forward too!

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,8031.new.html#new

FMCDH!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I guess the Maryland branch of the DemoNazi party was unswayed by the simple and stunning truth provided by a 15 year old girl residing in their state...hence the move to railroad this treasonous bill through on a weekend...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/04/video-of-15-year-old-girl-lecturing-maryland-lawmakers-on-gun-control-goes-viral/

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.