Author Topic: Too Bad, So Sad: Fake Indian Circles Drain  (Read 1652 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Too Bad, So Sad: Fake Indian Circles Drain
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:34:13 AM »
It's all over for Colorado University's most famous non-native American professor...

You remember Ward Churchill — he’s the former University of Colorado ethnic studies professor who claimed that the United States deserved the September 11, 2001 attacks because of “ongoing genocidal American imperialism.”

Well, he’s been fighting a losing battle to get his job back ever since he was eventually fired for (unrelated) plagiarism and fabricated research.

On Monday, the United States Supreme Court rejected Churchill’s appeal without comment.

Officials at the University of Colorado and David Lane, Churchill’s attorney, both told the Daily Camera that the Supreme Court’s decision effectively exhausts Churchill’s legal options.

In a joint statement, CU President Bruce Benson and Boulder campus Chancellor Phil DiStefano said that the Supreme Court upheld a “unanimous line of rulings from the Colorado courts.”

This makes me so sad.

No, not really. I think it's hilarious.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Too Bad, So Sad: Fake Indian Circles Drain
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 06:47:27 AM »
Yeah, another one who should receive the mark of Cain as a warning to others to steer clear of this POS.

May his remaining days be filled with dread and misfortune.

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:42:14 PM »
Maybe he and Elizabeth Warren can form a new Pretendian tribe.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »
Don't forget Ward!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 01:31:30 PM »
Now he's seeking to legally change his first name to "Winston" . Don't know where THAT'S going but ...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 02:16:10 PM »
There's actually a somewhat lengthy history of prominent fake Indians.  In the 1930s there was Grey Owl in Canada, who it turns out was actually an Englishman born and raised in England.  Then there was Iron Eyes Cody, who was actually of entirely Italian origin.

I'm not sure if it is motivated by the seeds of self-loathing planted in people of Western origin, or the pseudo-religion of communing with nature and how the American Indian must be the template of perfect harmony with nature (i.e. just a modern rehash of the old Noble Savage mythology).

It's also in a way indicative of the white liberals' own peculiar brand of racism that makes a big deal out of not being racist....because you just know people like Churchill feel imbued with some sense of magnanimity, as if to say "Fear not! For I have deigned to take up your cause as I ride to the rescue on my white horse." As if to say you can put your minds at ease, because an enlightened white liberal has seen fit to take notice of your cause.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
...It's also in a way indicative of the white liberals' own peculiar brand of racism that makes a big deal out of not being racist....because you just know people like Churchill feel imbued with some sense of magnanimity, as if to say "Fear not! For I have deigned to take up your cause as I ride to the rescue on my white horse." As if to say you can put your minds at ease, because an enlightened white liberal has seen fit to take notice of your cause.

Bill Clinton = 1st Black President
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 02:38:16 PM »
Yeah, another one who should receive the mark of Cain as a warning to others to steer clear of this POS.

May his remaining days be filled with dread and misfortune.

::mooning::

Every bit of that!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 02:41:45 PM »
And...as a follow-on comment...every once in a while justice is dispensed. It usually has to be in the form of poetic or karmic (because Americans generally suck at being decent human beings) but I'll take what I can get.

True justice would be him getting by a bus on the way out of the courthouse...

(just sayin)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »
I do not believe in Karma, but I do think you reap what you sow, whether in this life or the next. We do not have to dispense justice, but it comes to those who have sown wickedness, in time.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »
I do not believe in Karma, but I do think you reap what you sow, whether in this life or the next. We do not have to dispense justice, but it comes to those who have sown wickedness, in time.

It would do my soul good to remember this and trust in it more often. I am so overwhelmed with the absence of justice that at times it feels as if the only thing that can satisfy is retribution. My heart knows that is untrue, but it doesn't stop  my mind from going there.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
I sometimes subscribe to the "Vengence is mine saith the Lord" But I want to be his assistant

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 06:56:10 AM »
What AP said.  I don't need to steal the show, just let me have a nice role.   ;)