Author Topic: City of Phoenix hiring lifeguards who can't swim  (Read 816 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
City of Phoenix hiring lifeguards who can't swim
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:28:18 PM »
H/T: Moonbattery

Radical egalitarianism dictates that everyone is absolutely equal at all times, at all endeavors, in all places, and where a natural inequality exists then they are damn well going to make it equal.  In this case, the city of Phoenix is aghast that its staff of lifeguards at public swimming pools are mostly white. So they are aggressively recruiting blacks and mestizos, and little details like, you know, "can you swim?" are unimportant. They promise to work with applicants on their swimming proficiency. Predictably, the fact that whites are more proficient swimmers simply must be because of racial privilege, and they claim it's because whites go to more affluent schools that tend to have swim teams.

This is just a particularly illustrative example of the UNsanity we are forced to live under, but it's by no means unique. This sort of thinking has been in place among firefighters and police officers for at least 30 years now. Maybe at your next Obamacare group appointment at the doctor's office, you'll be assigned a "doctor" similarly recruited. They may have just learned which end of the scalpel to hold, but if you have any objections to them slicing you open on the operating table then you're a racist bigot.

I want this insanity to end, and I no longer even particularly care what it takes to make it end.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: City of Phoenix hiring lifeguards who can't swim
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »
Harrison Bergeron

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:53:55 AM »
Harrison Bergeron

Did you know that my son's 9th grade class studied old Harrison Bergeron? I could not freakin believe it. Must have been some right-wing teaching fanatic who escaped the state indoctrination schools masquerading as a public teaching university.

It was awesome.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:31 AM »
The times we're living in are a combination of a Monty Python sketch and falling down Alice's rabbit hole and not being able to get up.

Affirmative-action lifeguards who can't swim are like affirmative-action illiterate teachers:  What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 07:01:37 AM »
Perhaps the mutlitude of wrongful death suits swamping the city will sort it all out.

I'm sure the families of the soon to be deceased will be pleased to hear that pc/diversity/multi-culti ideals trumped actual practical knowledge and ability and be most forgiving to the bureaucrats and politicians who sanctioned this.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:15:13 AM »
Perhaps the mutlitude of wrongful death suits swamping the city will sort it all out.

I understand the sentiment, but it's a sentiment of which I am tired.  The Government doesn't pay when losing such lawsuits, the people, the taxpayers, pay.  Now if government employees were held to similar standards as private employees are when it comes to lawsuits and such, then fine, we'll hold those who make such idiotic decisions personally accountable.  But until the idiot decision makers are personally held liable, then we're just pissing in the wind as these dolts face no consequence worth mentioning, so they'll keep doing the same f-cked up sh-t over and over again.  OOh, censured!  Oooh!  Boy, that'll really teach those damn taxpayers a thing or two.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 07:17:44 AM »

I understand the sentiment, but it's a sentiment of which I am tired.  The Government doesn't pay when losing such lawsuits, the people, the taxpayers, pay.  Now if government employees were held to similar standards as private employees are when it comes to lawsuits and such, then fine, we'll hold those who make such idiotic decisions personally accountable.  But until the idiot decision makers are personally held liable, then we're just pissing in the wind as these dolts face no consequence worth mentioning, so they'll keep doing the same f-cked up sh-t over and over again.  OOh, censured!  Oooh!  Boy, that'll really teach those damn taxpayers a thing or two.

Agreed.  Hence, my second line mocking the people who should be the most pissed off before the fact (not after) who should be leading the charge.

Offline kozanne

• Newb
  • Desert Rat
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:41:09 AM »
If you knew our mayor, Stanton, you'd have seen this coming.

I went to the Mayor's State of the City address.....the day after the 'Bathroom Bill' passed. 

Needless to say the peecee was overwhelming.  This 'hiring exercise' is par for the course.
Remember — they’re spreading Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt because they need to. Don’t be fooled.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »
Sad, AZ has been changing, and not for the better.  Must be more Californicatin'!   ::gaah::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »
What do you think will happen when the insurance companies find out about this little experiment in diversity? Rates will go sky high and the swimming holes will close because no insurance will be issued.

My wife was a life guard at particular quarry swim club and had the difficult assignment to rescue idiots that never learned to swim. Give you one guess as to what diversity background they were. They couldn't swim because when the fire hydrants are turned on in the city streets, water never reaches more than a 1/2 inch in depth.

The animal habits documented in the facilities, bathrooms and showers were an entirely different kind of barbarism. Pig farms were better kept.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 08:29:55 PM »
Too bad we can't insure ourselves from libiots, the insurers would shut them down.   ;D