Author Topic: less than a third of F-35s built by Lockheed Martin are operationally capable!  (Read 26 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1780627938829848652
Rep. Matt Gaetz
@RepMattGaetz
BREAKING: U.S. Air Force Secretary ADMITS that less than a third of F-35s built by Lockheed Martin are operationally capable!

The Pentagon has given too much power to the defense contractors that are bilking American taxpayers.

It’s not going to get better unless we demand accountability.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
At least the F-22 had a much better maintenance record, could stay in the air...and even now could still be the foremost Gen5 plane on the planet...

The F-35 benefitted from early gate-stumbling of the Boeing X-32 when the RFP's went out for the JSF...the X-32 had a funky unsexy profile, a difficult wing configuration...F-35 basically won by default and why there were no other players (there were I think 5 when the F-22 was selected as ATF winner) I dunno.  There should have been more competition, collaboration...something.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

I recall that the F-35 costs were kept down (they were well over budget) by signing a contract that did not include receiving the means to repair the planes inside the US military. Seemed like getting a cheaper car by agreeing only to use the dealer service centers.

That may be very inaccurate but I later heard that a high percent of planes could not fly.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown