Author Topic: Obongo budget to cap retirement plan accounts  (Read 1270 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Obongo budget to cap retirement plan accounts
« on: April 05, 2013, 04:27:22 PM »
"... the Obama administration announced a plan to cap the total sum of any individual's retirement accounts at $3 million.

Stashing cash beyond that point, the administration insists, builds sums "substantially more than is needed to fund reasonable levels of retirement saving."

Reasonable as defined by whom?  Him and his merry band of thugs?  And what happens to the current accounts that are "unreasonably" funded?  Confiscation of everything over the cap?

Anything I would write now is better left unsaid. But I am telling you, I have had it.

H/T Pi
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Obongo budget to cap retirement plan accounts
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
Unfreakingbelievable
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:08:13 PM »
It's totally believable. And they get away with putting all the necessary regulatory frameworks into place because of the class warfare angle. Say magic words like "over three million dollars" and all the rubes approve because Eat The Rich! Stick It To The Man! Go Team! and all that. Then next thing you know it's a permanent feature of the political and economic landscape, with a constantly enlarged footprint because it can only ever be so with anything government.

Just like in Cyprus recently. There was a building furor over the so-called account "hair cuts" but then they changed it so that only high balance accounts were affected and the controversy went from a rolling boil back to just a simmer because class warfare works. Envy works. That's why it's the go-to weapon in the Left's rhetorical arsenal.

Fools. All these morons who are happy as long as Ivan's goat is killed.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
Unfreakingbelievable

Worse.  News all day has been reporting that his budget also "calls for a slight decrease in the growth of Social Security".  Do I believe that for a minute?  Depends.  He IS focused on reducing everybody but a select few to a state of penury, so let's stipulate to that, just for the sake of argument.

What kind of evil wants to make "slight cuts" to Social Security and simultaneously to prevent people from saving privately as much as they can?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »
"... the Obama administration announced a plan to cap the total sum of any individual's retirement accounts at $3 million.

Stashing cash beyond that point, the administration insists, builds sums "substantially more than is needed to fund reasonable levels of retirement saving."

Reasonable as defined by whom?  Him and his merry band of thugs?  And what happens to the current accounts that are "unreasonably" funded?  Confiscation of everything over the cap?

Anything I would write now is better left unsaid. But I am telling you, I have had it.

H/T Pi

And I didn't think anything tbis asshat could do would amaze me.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 01:13:33 PM »
I haven't had time to look too deeply into this. Is he proposing that no one be able to save over 3,000,000, or that tax deferred retirement accounts not be allowed to exceed that amount?

Either way... Nuff said. Don't need SS beating on my door.

Also, I just love how the article characterized the governments claim that this move would "save 9 billion over ten years", taking for granted the governments position that all money is by default the property of government. They confiscate it, we'll that's "savings". Permit those who earned it through productive commerce, well that's a "cost". And of course it follows that that "cost" steals food from the gaping maw of the self-evidently righteous po' chirren.

#WAR
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
If they're going iin this direction then you best stop everyone who has money from leaving the country as they did in Cuba and the other utopian paradises and begin to redistribute the fortunes of the Gates', Soros', Gore, Kennedy, Clinton and lest us not forget Comrade President Obamakov and the rest of the scum. Quickly grab the fortunes of the elites of Hollyweird as well. We're all commie bastards now ::grouphug::, right?

f**king gernig  ::cussing::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
Government should not be in the business of maniplulating us for their own policy goals. We need a flat tax or a fair tax, but we do not need this current "do exactly as I decree and I will tax you less, unless I do not want to today, type of policy. 

I am a little pissy and not so self-controlled today.......does it show?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »
Government should not be in the business of maniplulating us for their own policy goals. We need a flat tax or a fair tax, but we do not need this current "do exactly as I decree and I will tax you less, unless I do not want to today, type of policy. 

I am a little pissy and not so self-controlled today.......does it show?

I would say you are remarkably restrained if anything. It's something new every damn day with these people. I think to some extent they don't even really care about achieving a particular goal so much as just giving us another shove, a reminder that the citizen is their property.

The whole "do exactly as I decree and I will tax you less" thing is part of their "involuntarily voluntary" approach. They use it to manipulate people into behaviors that they can't outright demand (well, not yet) due to restrictions on their power. But those restrictions are being watered down to meaninglessness by tactics like "do exactly as I decree and I will tax you less".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »
Camels nose?  Hardly!  If you see the nose you're looking at the wrong end of the tent, his ass is almost all the way frickin tent!

Let them define something the trend can only go one way - WORSE!

WAR!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 07:26:58 AM »
I saw it reported as an Anti-Romney provision as Mitt Romney supposedly has $100 million in an IRA.  One of SCoaMF's little Poli Sci retard assistants actually called Romney out by name, when talking with low information journalism.

Republicans should counter with a hard $3 million life cap on all government pension/health care benefits, then see how long the "Screw Romney" provision lasts.

Really, all this will do is to chase more money and resources out of America, and to greener pastures.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »
I saw it reported as an Anti-Romney provision as Mitt Romney supposedly has $100 million in an IRA.  One of SCoaMF's little Poli Sci retard assistants actually called Romney out by name, when talking with low information journalism.

Republicans should counter with a hard $3 million life cap on all government pension/health care benefits, then see how long the "Screw Romney" provision lasts.

Really, all this will do is to chase more money and resources out of America, and to greener pastures.

Which of course, to my way of thinking can now only be honestly viewed as the goal of the Leftists. All evidence shows  that their entire agenda rests on the destruction of capitalist America as their prime requisite. Nothing they envision can come to fruition without first bringing capitalism to its knees.

Treason such as this should be punished with the death penalty.

- Thomas Jefferson