Author Topic: Texas "Assault Knife" Attack  (Read 2755 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Texas "Assault Knife" Attack
« on: April 09, 2013, 01:26:04 PM »
HotAir Link

Awaiting breathless coverage by the left that somehow manages to link this to guns.

As an aside: This happened rather close to where I used to live and went to high school. If it had happened just about anywhere other than one of these stupid gun and knife free zones the guy would have probably been ventilated by several armed citizens. Probably simultaneously.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:39:02 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Re: Texas Assault Knife Attack
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »

Speculating: he ran down an isle, boxcutter held out to slice necks.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Texas Assault Knife Attack
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:40 PM »
FNC is running a pretty good coverage. Lots of eyewitness accounts. For reasons never explained they always seem to be looking for a second perp who never seems to actually exist.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Texas "Assault Knife" Attack
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:26 PM »
Evidence is emerging that the crazed attacker may have used an "assault knife" with a high capacity blade...

(don't be fooled by the bright cheerful color...this is a death dealing device with no other legitimate purpose.)

...and that he paused between stabbings to break off the used blade so that he would have a fresh blade available for the next victim. Police say that if only the perpetrator had had to take the time to pull out a whetstone and sharpen between stabbings the body count would have been much lower. Obviously, these high capacity "assault knives" will need to be regulated. Perhaps a three or five blade capacity would have dramatically lowered the number of victims before the perpetrator could be stopped. California is looking at legislation that will prevent all knives from actually being sharpened with the exception of those used by law enforcement.

There is also evidence to suggest that this knife may have been one of the extremely dangerous "imported assault knives" perhaps from Eastern Europe or even Asia. Import restrictions on these weapons of death and destruction (they are no good for anything else) need to be put in place immediately. Of course, we would then be facing the illicit trade in black market "assault knives" which are assembled from "parts" and sold without any background check at all at "knife shows."

Registration for all knife owners may be the answer to this problem but there will almost certainly be cries from right wingers about how that will not stop criminals who don't obey the law anyway.

Thank goodness he didn't have one of those "black knives" that are so scary and inflict so much damage...

(shown without the collapsible stock, pistol grip and scope...features that proponents frequently add to their "sporting knives.")
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:15:37 PM by trapeze »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:18:56 PM »

Big difference from other violent attacks in institutions - - - the attacker was taken down by another student.  HE DIDN'T RUN.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 02:24:32 PM »

Big difference from other violent attacks in institutions - - - the attacker was taken down by another student.  HE DIDN'T RUN.

And it happened in Texas where there are a lot of people who are perfectly happy to kick someone's ass given just about any excuse. I grew up there and in this case in the actual neighborhood. Fighting is kind of second nature to a lot of us. It's kind of amazing that they didn't kill the guy.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
Since no one died (at least yet), the media will use this attack as evidence that guns are deadly.                                                                                                 
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 02:30:38 PM »
Since no one died (at least yet), the media will use this attack as evidence that guns are deadly.                                                                                                  

Two are critical. I heard on FNC that one female had her face (specifically, her mouth) slashed. The word is that most if not all of the wounds were to the face and neck. I'm guessing that, since this isn't a shooting and therefore does not fit the narrative, the MFM will studiously ignore any victim pictures whatsoever.

As usual, the media seems dumbfounded as to the perpetrator's motive. If I hear Shep Smith remark incredulously "It seems totally random! We are still waiting to hear what the motive is," I may have to shoot the television. The guy is crazy. That's it. Pretty damned simple.

What will be really interesting is if we learn that the guy tried and failed to get a firearm because of existing law.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:35:05 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 02:40:13 PM »
FNC eyewitness who subdued the perpetrator sez that it was a "regular knife" and not one of the much more deadly "assault knives." Said that at least one girl had a hole through her throat and another a hole through her cheek.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:46:33 PM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »
Hearing impaired?  So, what, the meme will be a right-wing anti-hearing-impaired slur set it all off?   ::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
Hearing impaired?  So, what, the meme will be a right-wing anti-hearing-impaired slur set it all off?   ::)

You're kidding, right?

The default position will be that there isn't enough government spending on deafness research and on deaf people. The answer to any question is spend more money.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »

You're kidding, right?

The default position will be that there isn't enough government spending on deafness research and on deaf people. The answer to any question is spend more money.

Yes, I am kidding, how could they hear a slur.   ::stirpot::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »

You're kidding, right?

It could have been signed. I sign all the time. Mostly when I'm driving and someone cuts me off.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 06:55:44 AM »

You're kidding, right?

It could have been signed. I sign all the time. Mostly when I'm driving and someone cuts me off.

::hysterical::

::thumbsup::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 11:15:29 AM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/09/lone-star-college-stabbing/2067449/

# "There were pieces of blade in at least one victim, ...

# She said she didn't feel it as he swiped at her neck.

# a girl clutching her neck came in, yelling, "He's stabbing people! He's stabbing people!

# A student identified only as James told KTRK that he and other students tackled the suspect and held him until police arrested him.

The article also mentions he's had fantasies of stabbing people since childhood and has been planning this event for some time.  And his parents didn't know or his counselor/shrink didn't know? Somebody knew.  This kid walks around talking to his puppet monkey and someone with authority doesn't know this kid is a whackjob? Not!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
Exacto knife...must have got that idea from boxcutter-weilding 7th Century Savages...obviously we have to exterminate all MuSSlims as well as severely restrict/ban all cutting instruments and compile a database of who does have them...right?

::unknowncomic::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
Perpetrator's name is Dylan Quick. I knew a guy with that last name when I lived there. Hope they aren't related.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »
As usual, the best information on just about anything in the news comes from the UK Daily Mail.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 05:05:42 AM »
Look for the home centers to suddenly remove the devices from the shelves in an effort to starve off ridicule.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 06:14:24 AM »
I'd say look for the libiots to use this to slam homeschooling and force parents to give kids up to da cummunitie.

::outrage::