Author Topic: DHS to take the lead in spying on Americans  (Read 891 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
DHS to take the lead in spying on Americans
« on: March 21, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »
Making a dotted line through DHS apparently passes constitutional muster for the O'Bongo Regime and not hearing any material actions coming from the Hill I can only conclude that most of the Federal Government agrees with this twisted interpretation and plan to allow it to stand.

Congress should not pass a CR or any appropriations until these sumbiches cease and desist all extra-constitutional activity.  But no, tyranny is a juggernaut now and it will only be defeated by We the People, politics and peaceful means have failed utterly!

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/us-plan-calls-more-scanning-private-web-traffic-email-1C9001922

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: DHS to take the lead in spying on Americans
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 09:50:59 PM »

"The administration is separately seeking legislation that would give incentives to private companies, including communications carriers, to disclose more to the government."

Bloomberg's $500 a pop? 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
Just assume everything you say and write is being recorded. Because it is. Literally every bit that traverses the Internet is being recorded by the NSA in their massive data repositories. We're talking so much data storage capacity that it is measured in zettabytes (10^21 bytes). To appreciate the scale of their data storage operations, it could store audio recordings of every word ever spoken by every human being who ever lived (42 zettabytes of storage with a 16 kHz audio recording).

Every email, every post to a forum, every telephone call, and excuse me if I have to put on the tinfoil but I dare say all the new Internet-connected appliances like "smart" TVs are probably snooping on even the words you speak in your own living room. Storing the data is less of a daunting task than mining it for useful information later, but just the fact that they're storing it all means their intention is to use it against the citizenry.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:15:05 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:42:17 PM »
Somewhere a Digital Rights Management attorney just got a chubby   ::laughonfloor::