Author Topic: MO Troopers give disc with the names of carry permit holders to Feds  (Read 931 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Effing criminal!

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/highway-patrol-gave-feds-missouri-weapon-permits-data/article_266b644e-a235-11e2-a8e7-0019bb30f31a.html

These people should sue the state into bankruptcy!  Better yet surround trooper HQ and demand everyone in leadership positions resign or else!  Then sue the state!

Oh, and the Columbia Daily Tribune must be another typical leftist rag..."Permit holders have a special mark on their licenses indicating they have been granted the privilege of carrying a gun."

::gaah::

It is NOT a privilege, it's a RIGHT, assholes!

::outrage::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::asskicking::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: MO Troopers give disc with the names of carry permit holders to Feds
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »
The cops turning over the data to the Fed is against MO state law, so the law enforcement division of the MO government broke the law.  Guess MOians know now on whose side the LEO high-muckety-mucks are.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:41:55 AM »
The lack of pushback in the face of so much in-our-face effrontery is beginning to really concern me.  It reinforces my gloom and makes me want to remove myself from this society.  There are far worse fates than being avoided as the crazy old bastard who lives in the woods.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 10:58:57 AM »
It appears that the Lt. Governor and the Stoddard County prosecuting attorney are all over this (according to this story posted at the Blaze): http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/05/missouri-dept-of-revenue-compiling-data-on-concealed-carry-holders-and-forwarding-it-to-company-with-ties-to-government-lawsuit-alleges/

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:20:45 PM »
Just one reason I am not in love with the whole "concealed carry permit" concept. I resent the idea of getting a permission slip to exercise a right.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 03:50:06 PM »
Just one reason I am not in love with the whole "concealed carry permit" concept. I resent the idea of getting a permission slip to exercise a right.

Back in the '70s my eldest brother was driving through Seattle with a legal pistol concealed under his seat. He got stopped for something and when asked if he had any weapons he answered honestly. He was arrested and his gun was seized. He never got it back.

Note that there was no specific law against what he did but the "prevailing wisdom" of the time was that you were supposed to keep it in the trunk. Obviously that's not much of an option with a truck but the law and common sense rarely cross paths.

Since I have been old enough I've always held a CWP.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
I've carried a permit since shall issue became the law in MN; my thinking obviously being that as a responsible law abiding citizen, to do otherwise would not do justice to my character. The thought of breaking the state's gun laws never crossed my mind. Safety and being on the right side of the law in regards to guns was ingrained upon me, as I said in another thread, since I was 9 years old.

But now it seems that my government is poised to arbitrarily put me on the wrong side of the law, by deeming that what I consider to be an absolute God-given human right, is going to become illegal.

Thus, I'll have no choice but to view the government as criminal, illegitimate, and tyrannical. I will view no laws by this federal government (or state for that matter) as legitimate, so long as that government deems my human rights to be illegal.

#WAR
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »
I've carried a permit since shall issue became the law in MN; my thinking obviously being that as a responsible law abiding citizen, to do otherwise would not do justice to my character. The thought of breaking the state's gun laws never crossed my mind. Safety and being on the right side of the law in regards to guns was ingrained upon me, as I said in another thread, since I was 9 years old.

But now it seems that my government is poised to arbitrarily put me on the wrong side of the law, by deeming that what I consider to be an absolute God-given human right, is going to become illegal.

Thus, I'll have no choice but to view the government as criminal, illegitimate, and tyrannical. I will view no laws by this federal government (or state for that matter) as legitimate, so long as that government deems my human rights to be illegal.

#WAR

I just tell em I don't have a weapon in the truck.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »

#WAR

I've had those exact sentiments for quite a while now.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »

Don't ask don't tell.