Author Topic: John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg  (Read 1925 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:24:48 AM »
http://clashdaily.com/2013/04/fighting-for-the-soul-of-america/

<I just had breakfast with the Rev. John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg. Well, not the real Peter Muhlenberg, but a preacher friend of mine named Travis Witt. Travis does a powerful impersonation of the Revolutionary War-time pastor-patriot at churches and other venues around the country.

Travis will be in his full Muhlenberg character at The Awakening 2013 on April 19-20 in Orlando, Fla. The Awakening is a life-changing, spiritual-political revival.

But more on that later.

At breakfast, Travis and I were discussing the man Muhlenberg and what he stood for.

One early Sunday morning in January 1776, Rev. Muhlenberg was preaching what seemed his normal weekly sermon. His Scripture for the day focused on Ecclesiastics 3, which observes, in part, “To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.” Muhlenberg continued: “In the language of the holy writ, there was a time for all things, a time to preach and a time to pray, but those times have passed away.”

With his voice reaching a dramatic crescendo and his congregation now captivated, a fiery Pastor Muhlenberg then declared: “There is a time to fight, and that time has now come!” He then tore away his clerical robes, revealing, underneath, the crisply pressed uniform of a Colonial Army officer.

His congregation gasped.

Pastor Muhlenberg then marched to the rear of the church building, turned and shook the walls, declaring, “Who among you is with me?” That very day, 300 brave men from his relatively small church stood with Peter Muhlenberg to become the 8th Virginia Regiment.

Frederick Muhlenberg, the good pastor’s brother, questioned, in a letter, whether it was Peter’s place to fight.>

The whole article is worth reading!

Read more: http://clashdaily.com/2013/04/fighting-for-the-soul-of-america/#ixzz2QAWEkWtQ
 Get more Clash on ClashDaily.com, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »
 ::clapping::

Onward Christian Soldier!

::USA::   ::USA::   ::USA::

Now, if modern leaders would shed their tax-exempt status and speak boldly the truth more Muhlenberg's would arise!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »

"We desperately need revival in this country – spiritual, cultural and political revival. It’s time for the next Great Awakening."  Yes, Magnum spoke to this yesterday.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »

"We desperately need revival in this country – spiritual, cultural and political revival. It’s time for the next Great Awakening."  Yes, Magnum spoke to this yesterday.

And did it very well, I must add.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson