Author Topic: Worldly Possessions  (Read 2738 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Worldly Possessions
« on: April 13, 2013, 07:33:37 PM »
Ann Barnhardt is getting rid of her worldly possessions. She was targeted with an illegal foreclosure  suit on her home and office and decided to just let them go. She is having an Estate sale of her basic possessions. I am not sure how I feel about this.. however this is your chance to own a real artifact of future Martyr and Saint Barnhardt.

I have peacefully decided to let my office/home property go, and my eviction date is set in a little over a month. I could have contested the whole thing as the chain of custody of the mortgage is textbook fraud, but I want to move on and be rid of all property, and guys, I gotta tell you, since making the final decision I feel FANTASTIC. The fruit of the Third Joyful Mystery (the birth of Our Lord) is poverty, and it is indeed a joyful, joyful fruit.

I cannot bring myself to solicit funds, but I have had an idea. I obviously need to get rid of a lot of stuff. Most of my remaining property I will donate and/or give away, but I could put some small, random, easily shippable items on Ebay. I'm thinking small kitchen wares and stuff like that. Ebay is an auction, and thus I would have no control over the sale prices. The "market" would determine that. I'm still agonizing over this, but if you think that an "estate sale" is either a good or terrible idea, I would be interested to hear.

Okay, I don't think anyone really "got" what I was getting at with my whole Ebay estate sale idea, but we'll give this a shot. Item number one has been listed. It is a wooden spoon, direct from my kitchen drawer. If this goes well, then dude, I have a whole drawer-full of wooden spoons. I don't want to get anyone overly excited here, but I will just say that I have a wooden SPORK, too. If the spoons sell well, then we can move into the whisks, the spatulas, and even into the tongs if things get really lively.
This auction is three days long, ending on April 15th at 1919:58 PDT and will determine if I bother to list any more items or not. Like I said, we'll just see how this goes. Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

My Ebay handle is 720ann.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Worldly Possessions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »
To be brutally honest Ann is a nutburger. She is a zealot and wants to be a martyr. I admire her spunk even if she would cause me distress to be too near to her personally.

I do wish her well.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 09:15:01 PM »

A prayer for her is in order.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:49:13 PM »
To be brutally honest Ann is a nutburger. She is a zealot and wants to be a martyr. I admire her spunk even if she would cause me distress to be too near to her personally.

I do wish her well.
Somebody has to stand up and be counted...am I right about this. Most of us would indeed fall into this but only after we were attacked. Ann is doing it for her religious convictions which are very strong. I pray I have that kind of courage when the time comes.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 11:36:39 PM »
To be brutally honest Ann is a nutburger.

You are only saying that because of the crazy eyes...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 03:35:57 AM »
Zealot is the perfect label for Ann, and at least as far as I can tell, her zeal encompasses all the negative and positive aspects that come along with the label. She's a true believer, unwavering and uncompromising on principle. She also rants and raves with absolute conviction about her personal opinions, and when she does that, her eyes get all crazy.

In my view her zeal in regards to sectarian religiosity subtracts a great deal from whatever else she's zealous about. If she can be so damned sure of her station as an earthly messenger of God's absolute Catholicism, I question the rest of what she has to say more than I would if she's shut the hell up about her opinions on Catholicism, and stick to talking about commodities.

On balance I appreciate her contributions.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 07:48:33 AM »
I'm not Catholic but reading Petrus Romanus has given a smidgeon of knowledge I didn't have about the Catholic Church
And a slight idea what Ann rants on when she is on a roll.

Apparently, Vatican II by John XXIII was the liberalism of the church.
Many believe this was part of the apostasy.

I think Ann goes after her church about that
But, she is a True Believer.
I think she may be a convert. Seems I heard that somewhere. 
Maybe here.

Like reformed drunks and ex-smokers, she has the zeal.

God Bless her.
To be so strong in my own convictions

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »
I am not a Catholic but rather, a traditional Protestant Christian and I confess to never having ever been able to understand the whole Catholic thing about "things" (or the "infallibility" of a human pope but that's another discussion). For me, there is God, Christ and the Holy Spirit and there is Scripture and that's pretty much it. When I hear or read about Catholicism's fixation on physical objects (which were created by man) I cannot help but think of these things as being akin to idols. I just see them as unnecessary and, at best, distracting from the Message. Reading some of Barnardt's latest post highlights this, yet again, for me...

Long story short, Our Lord has seen fit to manifest Himself in ways particularly attached to a statue of Himself as an infant which resides in Prague. He wants us to love Him in every possible way, including as an infant. Why? Because babies are totally helpless and that helplessness reminds us of and points us to the Eucharist, wherein Our Lord is likewise totally helpless as He comes to us under the appearance of bread and wine. A Host, like the Baby Jesus (because a Host IS the Baby Jesus, remember), must be handled with exceeding tenderness and care, and can be dropped or otherwise mishandled at any time. And yet, despite this, God Almighty, for Whom all of creation is like less than a drop in the ocean to us, became incarnate and was a Baby, and comes to us on the altar, totally helpless and physically dependent in the Eucharist every day.

So, there's that, and then there's also the snuggling part. Baby Jesus just loves to snuggle. When we receive Him in the Eucharist, we are truly snuggling with God, as He settles right under our hearts and stays there for fifteen minutes or so. Show me a person who receives Holy Communion and the runs out the door and I'll show you someone who hasn't a CLUE what is going on, and probably has never heard word one about the Real Presence.

Thus, the statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague reminds people of the Baby Jesus (Who can easily be forgotten outside of Christmastime), and when people specifically call upon Our Lord in this way, miracles and extreme blessings tend to rain down. In fact, the Infant Jesus of Prague devotion is known to "keep us from all want".

I have said this before and I'll say it again. Satan and his minions are IMPOTENT. They can also be surprisingly obtuse, especially considering their angelic nature.

Believers such as myself find this fixation on physical things (crucifixes, rosary beads, various and sundry items such as the one discussed above) to be, well, weird. It reminds me of all of the intricacies of Old Testament Hebrew Law which was more or less made up by the pharisees, religious doctrine and dogma which was added by man to what was handed down by God through His designated messengers.

But that's me.

And there are most certainly zealots within the ranks of those who I congregate with. Zealots are to be found anywhere. They are part of the bell curve of religion.

Barnhardt sez that the bidding on the spoon is over $500. Who are these people? Will they treat Ann's spoon as some kind of an artifact or relic? The spoon of Saint Ann? They are obviously free to spend their own money any way they want but this is nuts. How much will her used articles of clothing go for?

Ann's troubles are, like most of us, the creation of herself mixed in with the events that some of us refer to as bad luck. Choices. You take one and you live with the consequences.

I am not a big Barnhardt fan or follower. I have certainly appreciated some of the videos she has made (reading from the koran with bacon bookmarks was both inspired and, given the violent nature of islam, courageous) and some of the blog postings that she has written. But she isn't infallible and she isn't always right. She is just another human. Better than average but a human, nonetheless. Diatribes like the one referenced are not, in my opinion, a net positive for her image or reputation. If I had known nothing else about her, was totally unfamiliar with her past work, and had only this posting to go on I would be forced to dismiss her as, yes, a complete nut.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:47:40 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »
... and then there's the eyes...

::stirpot::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 11:55:44 AM »
For my brand of female culture warrior, I prefer this one....

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
Ann cuts both ways, we admire her zeal in highlighting the kabuki economy and things like that, her religious diatribes not as much, and frankly I find people wanting to buy a wooden spoon for $500 to be truly nuts.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 11:59:48 AM »
For my brand of female culture warrior, I prefer this one....

Not bad.  Could use an update in equipment though.  Need one of them high-capacity assault-rifles that make libiots pee themselves just at the sight of one!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »
Not bad.  Could use an update in equipment though.  Need one of them high-capacity assault-rifles that make libiots pee themselves just at the sight of one!

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 12:12:03 PM »
One of her more bizarre posts was a lengthy discussion of how the altar at a Mass becomes something akin to a marriage bed and how that is why the priest's physical position with respect to the altar is so critical. I'm actually surprised she has not taken this recent dispossession of her property as a sign to join a convent and become a nun.

And yes she is a convert, and a relatively recent one. She mentioned somewhere that she joined the Roman Catholic Church when she was over 30. There's a saying that none are so zealous as the convert.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 12:20:59 PM »
After many, many years of disappointment I am completely over investing myself in another human. If one of them does something good I will award an appropriate accolade. Otherwise, forget it.

Look at the last two presidential campaigns. No. Look at the last seven or eight. I remember being very, very supportive of GWB. He won and look where it got us. He did a marginally serviceable job of post 9/11 stuff but never vetoed a single spending bill. He kept us safe but at a staggering cost. The only decent president (and I use president as a stand in for the more generic "leader") was Reagan and with my current perspective all I can really say about his legacy was that it was a good start that was then abandoned.

Our country is doomed and there isn't going to be any "leader" or single human being who is going to ride to our rescue. We are going to have to suffer a massive decline, perhaps a total descent into anarchy before we (collectively as a people) even have the ability or desire to return to liberty and freedom.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »
One of her more bizarre posts was a lengthy discussion of how the altar at a Mass becomes something akin to a marriage bed and how that is why the priest's physical position with respect to the altar is so critical. I'm actually surprised she has not taken this recent dispossession of her property as a sign to join a convent and become a nun.

And yes she is a convert, and a relatively recent one. She mentioned somewhere that she joined the Roman Catholic Church when she was over 30. There's a saying that none are so zealous as the convert.

I was a zealot when I finally decided to answer Christ's invitation. I had the conviction of my new belief, and wanted everyone else to know what I knew. Evangelism is all well and good, but when you're alienating people with doctrine rather than leading them to their own decision by your example, then in my view, you've ceased evangelizing.

I've since mellowed. I don't shy away from talking about Jesus or letting people know that I'm a Christian. But more so, I just try to show through my actions how I'm a better man because of Jesus.

I fail a lot. But there are those moments when it counts, when I know that an unsaved stranger, friend, or loved one must see that an action or word from me was guided by something other than worldly motivation. I've even been told it a few times, when I least expect it... a little word of affirmation that someone who I didn't know was looking indeed was, and was moved to speak of it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »
As I mentioned the Petrus Romanus book, I learned a lot about the catholic church.
One was that the infallibility of the pope only became doctrine in the mid 1800s.

There are a lot more weird things that weren't always the way they were

I don't know if the present pope is the last, but I have learned a ton of catholic doctrine asn church history from it

I think I'm coming away with the Catholic Church is way different than what believing Catholics believe

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 03:59:34 PM »
I have found it "curious" that folks who haven't paid their mortgage in months apparently think they have a foreclosure defense because of some "defect" in the "chain if custody" of their mortgage documents.

Dude. I don't care who you are. If you haven't paid your mortgage in, say six months or more, then some damn body is entitled to take your house.

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 04:19:57 PM »
I have found it "curious" that folks who haven't paid their mortgage in months apparently think they have a foreclosure defense because of some "defect" in the "chain if custody" of their mortgage documents.

Dude. I don't care who you are. If you haven't paid your mortgage in, say six months or more, then some damn body is entitled to take your house.

The Chain of Custody problem is real. The banks robo-signed on so many mortgages, and then rolled them into derivatives so no one knows who owns what. I know of several cases where the banks attempted to foreclose on a property they didn't hold to the mortgage to, and when they were fully paid up to the company that didn't in fact hold the title. 

I don't know the specifics of Ann's situation - but a am sure since she stopped paying taxes and the IRS is seizing funds from her accounts, I would not be surprised if see was in  fact behind on the payments. Nor am I surprised she decided not to fight it if she is, in fact, in default.  The only person who gets screwed is the bank who actually holds the mortgage, since  the fraudulent bank will hold the property that supposedly the collateral on the loan.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »
In fairness to Ann, I post the following:

Foreclosure, Fraud and a Baby
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - January 10, AD 2013 8:21 PM MST

I was officially foreclosed upon on December 28th on my home/office here on Kornbrust Circle. The final nail in the proverbial coffin was actually the fact that I couldn't provide a 2012 tax return - due to my tax strike. Not only had I never missed or been late on a payment EVER on any property, up until the fall of 2012, I had actually always set up my mortgages to OVERPAY each month, which always knocks years and years off of the repayment time.

If you have been reading Market-Ticker.org for any length of time, you have heard all about the sleazy, illegal foreclosure mess, and the fact that banks are foreclosing on properties which they DO NOT OWN OR HOLD THE MORTGAGES ON.

Well, I've got EXACTLY that going on right here. The mortgage was originally through Wells Fargo back in 2007 when I bought this condo to be my offices.

...  Anyway, below is the letter that I received from the law firm handling the foreclosure. Look at item two. It says:

The current creditor to whom the debt is owed is Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. The loan is serviced by: Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.

Okay. This is what Denninger and all of these other people are talking about. That statement is a lie. Wells Fargo is NOT the creditor to whom the debt is owed. In September of 2010, Wells Fargo started calling me AGGRESSIVELY, pleading with me to refinance my mortgage. After getting numerous assurances that it would cost me nothing, I agreed. In fact, I used the reduction in the interest rate from 2007 to 2010 to shorten the term of the mortgage, while keeping the same monthly payment, which for me also included an additional principal payment. And, it didn't cost me anything. Fine. No problem.

Well, about two weeks later, what do you think arrives in the mail? A letter from Freddie Mac stating that Wells Fargo had sold my mortgage to Freddie. Wells Fargo was using the refi market as an impetus to dump as many mortgages as possible onto the United States government - and taxpayer.

If you would like proof of this, I got you covered.

GO TO THIS WEBPAGE and fill in the data for my property here on Kornbrust Circle.

First Name: Ann
Last Name: Barnhardt
House Number: 9175
Street Name: Kornbrust
Street Suffix: Other
City: Lone Tree
State: CO
Zip Code: 80124
Last Four Digits of Social: 5796
I authorize and give my full consent for anyone to view the data.

What you will get is a page that says:

Yes. Our records show that Freddie Mac is the owner of your mortgage and it was acquired on October 13, 2010. This date is also referred to as the Freddie Mac settlement date.

See the problem? Wells Fargo is NOT the creditor to whom the debt is owed, and thus they have no standing. But, since the Rule of Law is dead, third parties can now collect debts which they are not owed. In other words, all contracts and contract law are now void, and all that matters is who you know within the government.

This is the same phenomenon seen in the MF Global bankruptcy, except in reverse. I recently Tweeted that the bankruptcy judge ruled that none of the MF Global customers have standing as creditors. These oligarch cronies can arbitrarily declare CLEAR, OBVIOUS creditors as having no standing, while giving "creditor" standing to megabanks that have NO creditor standing at all. That's the point I'm trying to make here.

If you want to know about the baby -- it isn't hers -- go to Ann's page and scroll down 2/3 of the way as she doesn't permalink.

As for her zealotry, I rebuke none of you for your opinions on that as you are entitled to them; they do make me cringe a bit however. 

I have been reading Ann's blog for a while now, and I can tell you what she imparts on it is that while she may love some things/people here, she fears nothing on earth, but her fear of and love for God is absolute.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:47:36 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"