Author Topic: Too Early For Discussion About Banning Islam?  (Read 6935 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Too Early For Discussion About Banning Islam?
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »
Actually, in light of the nations suicidal rush into oblivion...this thread should perhaps be more accurately titled "Is it too late for a discussion about banning Islam?", right?

Or...is it too late for a discussion about banning liberalism?

That ship has sailed a long time ago. The best you can hope for is to try and regain control of DC and local government.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »
Nice opinion piece about facing up to the muslim threat.

The fact that you think this is nuts, or that I’m nuts for saying it out loud, has nothing to do with whether they believe it. They do — and they don’t care, even a little, what you think.

You do not defeat an ideology by hoping it will change or disappear. You have to challenge it, to make it defend its baleful tenets in the light of day. You cannot protect yourself from its violent outbursts absent understanding its teaching, reluctantly accepting that its teaching will inevitably lead some Muslims to strike out savagely, and committing to a pro-active, intelligence-based counterterrorism strategy — one that scraps political correctness and ferrets out the jihadists before they strike.

Asked about his “outlook,” Dzhokhar Tsarnaev offered a pregnant response, “Islam,” that raises more questions than it answers. There are all kinds of Islam, including the supremacist kind that is far more widely held than we’re comfortable acknowledging. Until we get beyond that discomfort, until we are prepared to ask, “What Islam?” — and until we are prepared to treat Islamic supremacism as the pariah it should be — Boston’s hellish week will remain our recurring nightmare.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 08:29:28 PM »
"Some of the leadership have ties to Islamic terrorism"

Are you sh*tting me? They all have those ties and it's called Islam. That's the knot that binds them all, the very cult that locks a person into a pathway that inevitably leads a collision with death. ::outrage::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 09:05:34 PM »

THE JIHAD COMES TO BOSTON By Pamela Geller
 [blockquote] The media is already spinning the revelation of the bombers’ identities furiously, confusing the American people with nonsense about “regional conflicts” in the Caucasus. ...But the objective of the jihadists in Chechnya is to establish an Islamic state in the Caucasus
The conflict in the Caucasus dates back to 644, when Arab Muslims introduced Islam to the region; the region has been a place of violence and unrest ever since. ...
Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have deeply imbibed the jihad ideology that permeates Chechnya and the Muslim areas of the Russia Caucasus in general.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev ...It appears...posted a video that hails “the promised emergence of the black flags [of jihad] from the promised land of Khorasan,” and lauds jihadis who are posing “with a flag of the Taliban’s Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.” [/blockquote] 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 09:23:53 PM »

THE JIHAD COMES TO BOSTON By Pamela Geller
 [blockquote] The media is already spinning the revelation of the bombers’ identities furiously, confusing the American people with nonsense about “regional conflicts” in the Caucasus. ...But the objective of the jihadists in Chechnya is to establish an Islamic state in the Caucasus
The conflict in the Caucasus dates back to 644, when Arab Muslims introduced Islam to the region; the region has been a place of violence and unrest ever since. ...
Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have deeply imbibed the jihad ideology that permeates Chechnya and the Muslim areas of the Russia Caucasus in general.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev ...It appears...posted a video that hails “the promised emergence of the black flags [of jihad] from the promised land of Khorasan,” and lauds jihadis who are posing “with a flag of the Taliban’s Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.” [/blockquote] 

Of course we had to have that wonderful diverse problem right here in America so show the world we, the USA, is just as freaking stupid as the republics in the past.

Once thing for certain, we're screwed unless we can wrestle the government away from the Fabian Progressives be it peacefully or violently. I'm just not sure which method has more advantage than the other at this point. We have continued to highlight the ups and downs of each over the last year or so but I guess we'll only know for sure is to look how it turns out afterwards. May God be with us. Amen.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 12:14:07 AM »
"Regional conflicts .... ".  I have to laugh my ass off at the willful obfuscation.  This is the same "conflict" being fomented in "regions" all over the world; different "regions" same "conflict".  It's islam.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 06:15:26 AM »
"Regional conflicts .... ".  I have to laugh my ass off at the willful obfuscation.  This is the same "conflict" being fomented in "regions" all over the world; different "regions" same "conflict".  It's islam.

Yeah.  We have to be on guard for those Thais and their deadly spicy peanut sauce.  Oh and those Koreans scare the hell out of us with their killer kimchee WMD.

Not only willful obfuscation, but willful delusion.  As I've said before, we are living in a time where Truth would love to be a poor red-headed stepchild.  We are living in the Orwellian world of universal deceit, a world where an 8th grader wearing an NRA t-shirt to school becomes a Revolutionary Act and subject to arrest.

Much of the blame for where we are in this Jihadi War can be laid at George Bush's feet.  He failed to communicate the nature of the threat, instead giving us that not so brilliant bullshyt 'islam is a religion of peace'.  I said it at the time, the President's job is not to get into a comparative religion exercise, but a little factual History might have gone a long way to educate the masses about islam and the word, concept and act of 'jihad'.  It really is insanity, trying to buck the millenia of History we have at our fingertips exposing islam for the violent fraud it is, more so now with the internet rather than having to go digging through some musty library shelf (not that that's a bad thing, you just have to actually get up an go to an older library to enjoy that sensory experience).  As I said in another comment, progressivism is not anything if not suicide on a national scale.  I'd be willing to bet that of 535 members of Congress (I'm not even going to throw Barry into the mix because I know he isn't capable of reading such things), maybe 5% have read any Greek or Roman classical historian.  That's a high end guess of around 27, now 26 with Allen West gone from the House.  How many people even know what the true lesson of Rome was?  It sure wasn't the bread and circuses of the Flavian Amphitheater or the Circus Maximus, although our current emperor seems to love that aspect of Rome, what with his Free Shyt Army.  How many people have heard of Julius Caesar?  I'd bet a lot.  But how many know he was the man who turned Rome from a Republic into a dictatorship?  That the historical lesson of Rome is encapsulated in that previous question, the pitfalls of elevating one man to rule previously free men?

We have gone from a Nation which once educated its children to a high standard on a local level to a Nation with 'lowest common denominator' national standards pushing Ritalin and junk science on kids, among other things.  We have a society that has lost all sense of History, even our own limited but damn fine one, notwithstanding our national experience with The Peculiar Institution. History now begins when one is born.  Nothing else matters.  It's scary to me that mindset (which I've seen enough to convince me that those so observed were not an aberration).  When a Nation is stripped of the very identity which makes it unique in the annals of History, there's not really anywhere to go but down.  So while we may not go down because we hire mercenaries to patrol and control our border because we are too lazy and risk adverse to protect ourselves as this Administration would never think of hiring mercenaries to protect our border from their lazy and worthless asses, we are going down right along with our currency.  Our Republic will die from a two-pronged attack, with jihadis coming in a distant, but still important, third:  Uncontrolled immigration and national bankruptcy.

When it comes to islam and the History of the World, we as a Country have a serious case of Alzheimer's.  And now with OwebamaCare, well, . . . .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 07:42:07 AM »
Y'all are making my points for me.

It's too late to ban it.

Same with the Left.

We are left with only two battles - winner-take-all - no tap-outs - to the death - with the Left and with Islam.

Or you can choose to be enslaved by the former only to be beheaded by the latter...if you call that a choice!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »

We are left with only two battles - winner-take-all - no tap-outs - to the death - with the Left and with Islam.

With the Goblins and the Wargs.  There is no difference between Islam and the American Left at this point. The left uses government as a weapon to terrorize Americans, the Muslim Jihad, bombs. If  Americans are wiped out, the left will eventually  loose to Jihad, shocked that criminals don't follow laws. and unable to rally citizenry to defend against "the religion of (small body) pieces"

Of course I am sure the elite in the Liberal tribe see Jihadists as mongrel dogs - easily wiped out when they have served their purpose.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »

With the Goblins and the Wargs.  There is no difference between Islam and the American Left at this point. The left uses government as a weapon to terrorize Americans, the Muslim Jihad, bombs. If  Americans are wiped out, the left will eventually  loose to Jihad, shocked that criminals don't follow laws. and unable to rally citizenry to defend against "the religion of (small body) piec

Of course I am sure the elite in the Liberal tribe see Jihadists as mongrel dogs - easily wiped out when they have served their purpose.

As for the insane...
Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, who was killed in the shootout with police, would have been required to apply for a gun license with the local police department where he lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

But there is no record of him having done so, according to Cambridge Police Department spokesman Dan Riviello.

Dipsh*t Reuters Story Weuisshaupt cited

Cannot believe an American is capable of positing such an assinine statement and thinking for one nanosecond that the bulllsh*t that failed to pass the Senate last week was capable of doing JACK sh*t to stop these islamic bastards!

So  ::doublebird::  Riviello,  ::doublebird:: Jonathan Allen in New York and the rest of you un-American Reuters fools and  ::doublebird:: anybody who believes this sh*t!

As for the Left, they subscribe to the crockodile theory, they think being eaten last is winning.  I think defeating them and the crap they appease is actual winning!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 12:31:33 PM »

With the Goblins and the Wargs.  There is no difference between Islam and the American Left at this point. The left uses government as a weapon to terrorize Americans, the Muslim Jihad, bombs. If  Americans are wiped out, the left will eventually  loose to Jihad, shocked that criminals don't follow laws. and unable to rally citizenry to defend against "the religion of (small body) pieces"

The left has no morals...they will convert.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »
I disagree with some of this guy's extrapolations and speculations. But I copied the article for the truth in the bolded portions....

Boston and the future of Islam in America
by Reihan Salam

One of the central questions surrounding the Boston Marathon bombings is whether they portend a larger wave of terror attacks by homegrown Islamic radicals. The culprits, two brothers of Chechen origin, one of whom was a naturalized U.S. citizen, had both lived in the country for more than a decade. While the older brother is reported to have been sullen, resentful and ill at ease in his adopted country, the younger brother was by all accounts a well-mannered kid, whose main vice was marijuana. Many fear that if these two men could turn viciously against the country that gave them refuge, the same might be true of at least some small number of their co-religionists.

I grew up in a Muslim household in New York City's polyglot outer boroughs, and the Tsarnaev brothers strike me, in broad outline, as recognizable figures. The younger brother's Twitter feed, which has attracted wide attention, reads like dispatches from the collective id of at least a quarter of my high school classmates. Also recognizable is the brothers' lower-middle-class but gentrifying Cambridge milieu, which bears a strong resemblance to the neighborhood in which I was raised.
So like many Americans of Muslim origin, I've been struggling to understand what exactly went wrong in their heads. How could a "douchebag" and a "stoner" and here I'm paraphrasing the words of the Tsarnaev brothers' acquaintances and friends ? have committed one of the most gruesome terror attacks in modern American history? We might never have a good answer to this question, and certainly won't have a good answer anytime soon. But what we can do is get a sense of what we do and don't know about U.S. Muslims, and what it might mean for our future.

Although I can't claim to be representative of U.S. Muslims as a whole, my experience leads me to believe that America's Muslim community will grow more secular over time. My parents are originally from Bangladesh, a Muslim-majority country of 150 million that is currently in the throes of a violent clash over the role of Islam in public life. While Bangladesh has made impressive strides in a number of social indicators in recent decades, its poverty has sent large numbers of migrants to India, the Persian Gulf, Europe, Southeast Asia and, over the past two decades in particular, the United States.

The Bangladeshi community has largely escaped notice in the United States, as it remains relatively small; when I was growing up, it was smaller still. My first years were thus spent not in a Bangladeshi enclave but rather in a neighborhood with a large Hasidic Jewish population. We later moved to a neighborhood that was home to large numbers of African evangelicals, Tibetan Buddhists, Russian Jews and South Asian Muslims. Although hard numbers are difficult to come by, New York City's Muslim population appeared to have grown considerably over the course of my childhood. Head scarves and other traditional modes of dress are common in heavily Muslim precincts of Brooklyn and Queens, particularly among more recent immigrants. Yet it remains to be seen if this kind of very visible religious devotion will persist among second-generation South Asian Muslims, particularly if religious belief continues to fade in the population as a whole. I certainly haven't seen it among my peers, but I know only a narrow spectrum of second-generation South Asian Muslims. These people identify more as Asian Americans than as members of a global Islamic community.

The best survey evidence offers only a limited and inconclusive portrait of America's Muslim community. The Pew Research Center estimates that there are 2.75 million Muslims living in the United States, and that 63 percent were born outside of the country. Of this foreign-born slice of the Muslim population, 45 percent arrived in the United States after 1990 and 70 percent are naturalized U.S. citizens. This population is incredibly diverse. Roughly 13 percent of all U.S. Muslims are native-born African-Americans. Some U.S. Muslims are highly educated professionals leading integrated lives, while others are less-skilled workers earning poverty-level incomes in ethnic enclaves.

According to Pew, 69 percent of U.S. Muslims claim that religion is an important part of their lives; 47 percent report attending worship services on a weekly basis. These numbers closely parallel the numbers for U.S. Christians. It is also true, however, that one-fifth of U.S. Muslims seldom or never attend worship services, a sure sign of secularization.

Another sign is that a large majority of U.S. Muslims appear to be comfortable with religious pluralism. Pew found that 56 percent of U.S. Muslims believe that many different religions can lead to eternal life while 35 percent believe that only Islam will get you there. Similarly, 57 percent of U.S. Muslims believe that there are many valid ways to interpret Islamic teachings, as opposed to 37 percent who maintain that only one interpretation is valid. Suffice it to say, the notion that many different religions are of equal value is not likely to be embraced by the religiously orthodox. Indeed, one possibility is that this more relaxed approach to the demands of religion represents a way station on the road to abandoning religion entirely.

Americans of all stripes are abandoning organized religion at a brisk pace. While less than a 10th of Americans born from 1928 to 1945 are religiously unaffiliated, the same is true of one-third of Americans born from 1990 to 1994, according to a Pew Research Center survey released late last year. This dynamic seems to apply to U.S. Muslims as much as it applies to U.S. Christians. Part of the reason could be that the hold of religious communities on our lives has grown more tenuous. Peter Skerry, a political scientist at Boston College who has been studying the cultural and political integration of U.S. Muslims and Arabs for more than a decade, has observed that only one-third of U.S. Muslims report going to a mosque for social or religious activities apart from regular services. It doesn't appear that mosques have become the kernels of tight-knit communities, as the churches that were so central to immigrant life a century ago did.

Even if secularization does take hold, there is no reason to believe that religious extremism will fade away. Indeed, the opposite could come to pass, as a shrinking number of moderate Muslims leaves behind a more isolated core of orthodox Muslim believers who see themselves in conflict with an increasingly secular America. Even as the vast majority of U.S. Muslims integrate into U.S. cultural, political and economic institutions, some small minority might continue to find in Islam a convenient excuse for anti-American rhetoric and action. The Tsarnaev brothers, after all, didn't live in a hotbed of Islamic radicalism; they lived in Inman Square, a neighborhood that is best known for its large Portuguese-speaking population. Perhaps the brothers would have been less likely to embrace extremism had they been rooted in a stronger Muslim religious community, complete with stronger role models. Or perhaps we need to accept the fact that some irreducible number of people will commit vile, despicable crimes no matter what we as a society do to prevent them.

Our best hope is that just as the terrorist violence committed by left-wing radicals in the 1960s and 1970s eventually burned out, Islamic radicalism will soon be an unhappy memory. But we'd be foolish to dismiss the darker possibility that a tiny subgroup of Muslim fanatics will continue to pose a threat for many decades to come.

Now... if someone with more mathematic acuity than I have would crunch some of those numbers above and tell us just how many tens-or-hundreds-of-thousands of Muslims live within the United States that we need to be concerned with.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
Some of the things we've been learning about the brothers includes the fact that they were non-practicing muzzies until rather recently when the mother urged the older brother to study and adhere to the cult. The younger brother wasn't so much a practicing muzzie as he was entranced by his older brother.

The speed with which the older brother went from non-practicing to practicing to wild-eyed radicalized extremist is frightening and should serve as a caution to any non-muzzie. It is as though they are genetically predisposed to violence and bigotry. Here were two individuals who were arguably Americanized who turned against us in the blink of an eye.

The left is now predictably playing the "moslems are concerned that they will be singled out" game in the press. Frankly, IDGAS. I'm more concerned about little Allahu Akbar going all mohhamadean in my neighborhood and me having to ventilate his ass.

Edit: Altard-proofed
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:25:16 PM by Alphabet Soup »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 06:31:54 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation that the numbers are bad enough, screw an accurate counting and let the process of removal commence.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 09:05:50 PM »

Wahhabi Jihadi Mohammedanism is a nut magnet.

Give me your disassociated, disaffected, displaced
 persons and I will take him in, give him refuge, solace,
 help him feel normal and make him a terrorist.

Those boys were born in the heart of radical land to what
could be said were whacko parents.  They were born bombers.

All things considered, it's time for Mohammedans to convert or leave.
Even if some of them are good people they have allowed the rest of
the Mohammedans to taint any conceivability they will be accepted
or trusted.  Please leave.

ETA: The Wahhabi Jihad for Young American Minds
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:11:42 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 12:16:35 AM »
I see it through a lens that transcends the interests of this or that nation, this or that generation. It is a clash of civilizations. Islam has been an existential threat since that incestuous desert mystic shat out its tenets. At a minimum they must be physically removed from Western lands. Anything less is to condemn our descendants to an increasingly hopeless struggle. We can no longer afford a nuanced approach.

And yeah, I know how likely any of that is. Like the Leftist enemy, this is one that won't be dealt with until the existing order crumbles under its own weight.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 05:58:31 AM »
There is more than one "nut magnet" CO, we have liberalism and all that it has wrought!

A lot of truly ignorant people have already determined that fighting any war of civilization is DOA...I give you the platform of the Democrat Party, and the opinion of smelly little leftists all across the land...

I say let them die as well.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 10:45:37 AM »
Now... if someone with more mathematic acuity than I have would crunch some of those numbers above and tell us just how many tens-or-hundreds-of-thousands of Muslims live within the United States that we need to be concerned with.

Potentially, all of them. I would never, ever turn my back on one knowingly. I would never, ever assume that one is harmless. But that's me.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »
And me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
Good, so we are talking now not about banning Isslam, but burning it out?!   ::beertoast::   ::bustamove::