Author Topic: George Beverly Shea at 104 years old!  (Read 930 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
George Beverly Shea at 104 years old!
« on: April 17, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/17/george_beverly_shea_dies_sang_at_graham_crusades/
"MONTREAT, N.C. (AP) — George Beverly Shea, whose booming baritone voice echoed through stadiums, squares and souls during a decades-long career with evangelist Billy Graham, died Tuesday. He was 104.

Billy Graham Evangelistic Association spokesman Brent Rinehart said Shea died in Asheville after a brief illness.

Shea’s rendition of “How Great Thou Art” came to define the faith of a Protestant generation that Graham helped bring to Jesus Christ. He performed live before an estimated 200 million people at crusades over the years — taking him from North Dakota to North Korea and beyond.

He joined Graham’s crusade team in 1947 and stayed until Graham’s declining health ended most of the evangelist’s public appearances nearly 60 years later."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=35FILs1qiVA
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: George Beverly Shea at 104 years old!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:17:19 AM »
Ya know, the face just doesn't ring any bells, can't say the same for the voice.

R.I.P. George.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.