Author Topic: ... and right on cue: Lautenberg Introduces Legislation to Regulate Gunpowder  (Read 1042 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Oh, who didn't see this coming? As surely as sun coming up in the east. People have been using bulk powder since the 1400s. Plus old fashioned blackpowder isn't exactly a secret recipe anymore. It can be made pretty easily. And modern smokeless powder isn't even an explosive, it's a propellant, and in its bulk form is a fire hazard but not an explosive hazard.

Well Senator, where's the companion bill to regulate pressure cookers? And what about nails? Isn't it suspicious for someone to buy more than a pound of nails at a time? Shouldn't this be regulated?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:36:13 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
I don't see this bill going anywhere.

At all.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
We would all be in terrible danger if liberals used their brains because their heads would explode killing many. A new law would prevent this from ever happening. Yeah, I know, Liberals already are brainless so the whole scenario is an oxymoron. ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Lautenberg has a different kind of powder going up his nose.

Oh, and btw, this crap is still alive?  I thought that old commie kicked long ago...must have been wishful thinking...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.