Author Topic: Curmudgeon on Tax Day  (Read 465 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Curmudgeon on Tax Day
« on: April 21, 2013, 10:16:42 AM »
While the Curmudgeon's unflinching optimism usually irritates me, this is a great rant Perhaps its because he finally admits that we should let the coasts burn, and that we are, in  effect, running out the clock.

Some highlights below, but read the whole thing!

The real world still holds sway.  My chickens lay eggs every morning.  The trees in my forest will eventually heat my house.  There’s a doe hanging around in the melting snow and I’m pretty sure she’s going to wind up in the freezer.  The IRS is working on it but they haven’t taxed venison and eggs cooked over split oak.  Let the coasts sink because a country boy can survive.

The good news is that I not only feel superior to clueless OWS trustifairans who have 99% Kool-aid in their veins but I am superior.  The good news is that I’m typing this in the same coffee shop that they think is the scorched earth monothiestic land of non-diversity that is their home planet.  I’m right here, leering at my Linux laptop in a sea of Macs, and they have no idea.  I’m just plain outrageously smug in the knowledge that I pay my own way like a man should.  Hah!  Tax checks draw a little blood but my soul is intact.

I don’t have an Obamaphone in my pocket.  I fix sh*t that’s broke.  I pull my weight.  I grow food.  I’m a net benefit to the whole damn world.

Hippies bitch about Big Oil until the snow flies and then they sheepishly pay tribute or freeze.  I don’t.  My wood pile is still a motherload of BTUs.  I can define a British Thermal Unit and aggregate them with a chainsaw.  I can deconstruct Kafka too.  Suck it pansies.  If you’re an ant in a room full of grasshoppers go ahead and be the best damn ant there ever was.  It’s better than the other way around.

Humanity is not inherently weak and social engineering won’t change our  DNA.  Even on tax day it’s not all Armageddon and zombies.  Smile and stand tall.  While you’re standing up for yourself keep your eye open; you never know when you’ll get a chance to kick them in the balls.  When you get it, take it.

I just hope that someday, a Tape of what happened at Miranda falls into my hands.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Curmudgeon on Tax Day
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
Just looking forward to the ball-kicking.   ::evilbat::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.