Author Topic: Cause/Effect Is A Bitch: Nation's Largest Theater Chain Cutting Work Hours  (Read 871 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Expect more and more of these stories to emerge because, hey...the invisible hand of the market and all that sh*t.

One Regal theater manager told FoxNews.com the move has sparked a wave of resignations from full-time managers who have seen their hours cut by 25 percent or more.

“In the last couple weeks, managers have been quitting on a daily basis from various locations to try and find full-time work,” said the manager, who asked not to be named. “Regal up until now has never restricted anyone to anything below 40 hours.”

Sucks when your vote for WonderBoy blows up in your face, eh?

The manager told FoxNews.com ObamaCare has had the unintended consequence of taking food off his table.

“Mandating businesses to offer health care under threat of debilitating fines does not fix a problem, it creates one," he said. "It fosters a new business culture where 30 hours is now considered the maximum in order to avoid paying the high costs associated with this law.

“In a time where 40 hours is just getting us by, putting these kind of financial pressures on employers is a big step in a direction far beyond the reach of feasibility for not only the businesses, but for the employees who rely on their success," he said.

Yeah, cry me a river. You voted for free health care and everything else that O'BamaClaus had in his big gift-o-rama grab bag and this is what you get. Plus if and when you do get to actually work and earn a buck or two you get to pay for all of the deadbeats on disability, food stamps and all of the other government crapfest programs.

Read the comments at the Breitbart link.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yeah, boo hoo, so sad too bad.  Walk it off!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
One more option I personally had in high school and college (the funnest job imaginable) is off the table for future generations.  Yes, I worked upwards of 40 when I could, usually summers.