Author Topic: Georgetown admissions staffer boasts of trashing applications from white males  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
H/T: Small Dead Animals

…I can’t tell you how many applications I saw that were just dripping with white male privelege[sic].  Any of those that I saw basically went straight to the garbage can regardless of how good their qualifactions [sic] were.  If I saw an application from a white male that basically was just good test scores, and activities like chess club or math club or what not then it shows me this person is not interested in a diverse environment.  Obviously he made no effort in integrating with minorities or to sympathize with them and is counting on male privilege to get in.  So that kind of application should get ignored.  In their place I admitted a female student.  This goes double especially for math/science majors.
I’m happy to say that I approved nearly 90% of all female minority and 80% of all (white female applicants especially if the girls want to study math or science) while rejecting over 50% of  white males this week and hope this trend holds out.

More: http://www.avoiceformen.com/georgetown-university-and-men/georgetown-university-in-a-cover-up/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
This is an evil person who should be killed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
So, the dumbass basically advertises that Georgetown is a magnet for the dumbest in society.  Since I believe in truth in advertising, that's a good thing.

Since Georgetown now costs north of $60,000 per year, I think that all concerned need to know this.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:h5HRKAzPSzgJ:www1.georgetown.edu/departments/justice_peace/news/arianna/+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Arianna Pattek: Using JUPS To Connect The World

Arianna Pattek, a 2012 graduate of the School of Foreign Service and a Justice and Peace Studies certificate awardee, is using her education to impact the far corners of the world. As a newly sworn in Peace Corp volunteer, Arianna will spend the next 27 months of her life in beautiful Andapa, Madgascar. Much of Arianna’s time will be spent teaching English to secondary and primary school equivalent children.

Arianna credits her decision to work in Andapa as an extension of her belief of “JUPS-in-action.” Having done work in both Kenya and Tanzania during her undergraduate career, Arianna always knew that she wanted to travel back to a country in Africa to make a difference in the lives of children through education. Although she is thousands of miles away, Arianna still highlights Georgetown University’s program on Justice and Peace as her “perfect opportunity to combine [her] passion for social justice work with the pedagogical framework of her [major] courses.”

As Arianna acknowledges the role that JUPS has played in her life, she too has had a huge impact in the field of Justice and Peace Studies. As the winner of the 2012 Peace and Justice Studies Association (PJSA) Undergraduate Thesis Award, Arianna has used her work to explain how “distorting, altering, and denying historical narratives about the past aim to create a culture that perpetuates present social injustices against historically marginalized groups and how distortion and denial affect the healing and reconciliation process.” Arianna admits that writing her thesis was “exhausting,” but in the end it was the “highlight” of her JUPS career.

Arianna has already accomplished so much, but she continues to push towards the future. When asked what was next for her, Arianna shared, “to work somewhere in the international development sector; I am interested in educational service delivery in the wake of conflicts, crises, and disasters.” In the meantime, Arianna says she is content in assessing the needs of her new community and creating appropriate and effective community initiatives. Arianna has truly emerged as a leader of our time and as she continues to travel the world while educating and learning, she serves not only a testament to the type of passions that are unlocked in the Georgetown’s Program on Justice and Peace Studies, but also as an inspiration for many students who too hope to chase their dreams of working in the field of social justice.

Quoted in total as Georgetown is flushing her from their website.  This is from cache.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
And this just happened to be one instance where the person responsible has been caught, but it is absolutely par for the course at universities all over this country. It should be telling that she was so confident in having the sanction of the establishment that she openly boasted of this deliberate racial and sexual discrimination. Where she may have slipped up is in admitting that she denied an Arab male for being anti-Jewish. Look, heterosexual white males are fair game, but she should have known an anti-Jewish Arab is a protected species still.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I agree with IDP.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Georgetown is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit institute of
                        higher learning in the United States.
                        http://www.georgetown.edu/about/jesuit-and-catholic-heritage/index.html

Everywhere a sign.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Oh sh*t, those Jesuits again...don't tell Ann!!!   ::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.