Author Topic: Teacher suspended for exposing kids to wrenches, pliers and screwdrivers  (Read 2909 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
... a second-grade teacher ... was suspended after he displayed garden-variety tools such as wrenches, pliers and screwdrivers in his classroom as part of a "tool discussion" in his class.

A civil rights violation lawsuit has been filed on his behalf.

Despite the fact that all potentially hazardous items were kept out of the students' reach, school officials at Washington Irving Elementary School informed Doug Bartlett, a 17-year veteran in the classroom, that his use of the tools as visual aids endangered his students. Bartlett was subsequently penalized with a four-day suspension without pay - charged with possessing, carrying, storing or using a weapon.

... None of the tools were made accessible to the students. When not in use, the tools were secured in a toolbox on a high shelf out of reach of the students. They were used to demonstrate the proper use of tools.

These people are nucking futz.

And I'm flabbergasted at the "potentially hazardous" description.  They're hand tools.  Okay, maybe the FSA-kids in Chicago, having never seen hand tools, would have assumed they were weapons.

Imagine if he'd have brought in a pair of dikes too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC

No, those are okay for kids to learn all about in the wacky new society.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
There is nothing more dangerous than a self-sufficient person to a liberal. Only professionals, properly licensed and taught in their safe use, should be allow to hold a tool like a screwdriver or a wrench.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
He poses a threat to the construction workers union.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
This is what drives more and more parents to homeschooling...the notion that their children are being taught by imbeciles.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

Dunno if you were just joking, but: http://moonbattery.com/?p=29152

If laws against corrupting the morals of minors were properly interpreted and enforced, think how many liberal educrats would be behind bars, leaving children safe from their depraved machinations. For example:

A recent anti-bullying presentation at a middle school in New York that focused on homosexuality and gender identity has angered parents after their daughters have come home to tell them they were forced to ask another girl for a kiss.

Students from Bard College were brought in to lead gender-segregated sex workshops at Linden Avenue Middle School in Red Hook.

During the workshop for girls, the 13 and 14-year-olds were told to ask one another for a kiss. They were also taught words such as “pansexual” and “genderqueer.” …

It is not known whether girls actually had to kiss one another, or if the exercise stopped at the request.

According to one girl,

“They also picked two girls to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date.”

Parents were given no warning, nor was there any opportunity for students to opt out.

Nothing can even be joked about anymore, because the Left is now in full blown self-parody mode.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
There was a time when I would have read the above account and imagined a sick f*** teacher getting a boner while coercing this activity in his classroom.

Now I know that the primary driver is a deep, intrinsic, diabolical evil. Nothing so simple as a pervert getting his jollies at the expense of teen innocence. The evil they seek to inflict is far more malevolent.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
The hard part of this was, "Are you joking?"

I had to ask myself. Yes, in a sense I was, because the transposition of dykes and dikes creates the humor, but the TRUTH is, I KNOW it is okay for them to teach homosexuality and PUSH it as normal at the earliest of ages in our schools. The one is allowed, the perversion, but the tool is not. The joke here is THEM, the leftists, the perverse generation that is destroying us all, one brick of our societal building blocks at a time. They use our love, tolerance, patience, and hope, against us.

But, there is a difference in personal and governmental actions. I can personally forgive someone that mugged me, but it is STILL government's responsibility to enforce laws and protect society. (I speak from a biblical view point.) It is okay for a Christian person to love the sinner, but government must stop perpetuating the sin.

Dunno if you were just joking, but: http://moonbattery.com/?p=29152

If laws against corrupting the morals of minors were properly interpreted and enforced, think how many liberal educrats would be behind bars, leaving children safe from their depraved machinations. For example:

A recent anti-bullying presentation at a middle school in New York that focused on homosexuality and gender identity has angered parents after their daughters have come home to tell them they were forced to ask another girl for a kiss.

Students from Bard College were brought in to lead gender-segregated sex workshops at Linden Avenue Middle School in Red Hook.

During the workshop for girls, the 13 and 14-year-olds were told to ask one another for a kiss. They were also taught words such as “pansexual” and “genderqueer.” …

It is not known whether girls actually had to kiss one another, or if the exercise stopped at the request.

According to one girl,

“They also picked two girls to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date.”

Parents were given no warning, nor was there any opportunity for students to opt out.

Nothing can even be joked about anymore, because the Left is now in full blown self-parody mode.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The new nor....ahh screw it!   ::viking::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I'm trying to imagine what would be worse for our finest coming out of Education Colleges than a Hello Kitty brand Pop Tart, chewed into the shape of a monkey wrench.

Oh, the horror!  ::curtsy4::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I'm wondering now if the presentation of a nutcracker would send them into paroxysms of horror.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
I'm wondering now if the presentation of a nutcracker would send them into paroxysms of horror.

No, those too are okay, but only if only used on old white nuts.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

No, those too are okay, but only if only used on old white nuts.

Hah!  CHF made a punny.   :D