Author Topic: Religion Of Peace Followers Massacre 20 In Afghanistan Over Koran Burning  (Read 11425 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers

IDP:
I utterly reject the premise being foisted on us by the media and the Islamic freaks that these murders in Afghanistan are in retaliation for the koran-burning. Just because the fanatics say it's so doesn't make it so, and the media has no duty to repeat their claims at face value.

A little dose of takkiya enhanced by the usual suspect, the MSM.

Several reasons, the primary one being because he's the pastor of a Christian church and I don't think burning the books of other faiths fits the job description. Additionally...

- The Gospel stands on its own, and preaching the truth of it doesn't require tearing anything else down with visual demonstrations. The Gospel tears down lies.
- It's not as if he needs to burn books to make sure that his flock knows where he stands.
- Book-burning has been used before by governments as a tool of control, revisionism, and totalitarianism. So in a free society, the aesthetics are all wrong, and in my opinion, harmful to the point he's trying to make rather than helpful.

Your argument is compelling but I disagree.

-The Gospel is full of visual demonstrations. Jesus with the money lenders comes to mind.
-He did not burn the book to let his flock know where he stands, he did it for the world to see that the book represents the antithesis of life. He did it to show he and his congregation defy any aspect of the cult of death and those who coddle it.
-"Book-burning has been used as a tool", yes; however, in both Testaments  the burning of unclean objects purifies and refines them.

The old man is course and his method blunt.  As a people we are afflicted by an alien culture most blunt and elements of our culture insidiously undermining our foundation, he is practicing "tough love".

Your thoughts are compelling too Charles, and I won't disagree with 'a one o' them. I don't have a hard opposition to what Jones did. I just look at it on balance and don't really think it will accomplish much of anything of value, and maybe will accomplish something negative. And I guess if I were to be totally honest (this thought occurs to me now, but didn't before when I shared my reasons for eschewing Jones' tactic), I have some concern about how Jones's action causes people to view Christianity. It becomes increasingly difficult to lure people to Christ when their perception of Christianity is tainted by eccentric or extreme pastors.

But just to make sure there is no mistake - I have no concern with offending Muslims. They've earned more vitriol than burning every koran on earth could satisfy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
What causes me to lose sleep is the CO2 released by burning it. There's no telling how many polar bears have drowned as a result.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

hemm

What causes me to lose sleep is the CO2 released by burning it. There's no telling how many polar bears have drowned as a result.

KNUT!!!!!!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

KNUT!!!!!!

The koran burning killed Knut?  ::gaah::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

I just look at it on balance and don't really think it will accomplish much of anything of value, and maybe will accomplish something negative. And I guess if I were to be totally honest (this thought occurs to me now, but didn't before when I shared my reasons for eschewing Jones' tactic), I have some concern about how Jones's action causes people to view Christianity. It becomes increasingly difficult to lure people to Christ when their perception of Christianity is tainted by eccentric or extreme pastors.
His deed probably won't accomplish much of value.  His actions are in character with "old time" religion and the practice of the faith.  I have never bought into the idea that he was doing this for some narcissistic purpose, he's too old to become a narcissist.

There need be no concern how his action would cause people to view Christianity.  His actions are in accordance with a conservative interpretation of his responsibility.  He is showing that if you are a Christian you must get out of the buffet line and be willing to stand for the Word. 

It is good that he makes people feel uncomfortable.  The book he burned is the manual for a people that swear by it "death to the infidel", that is you and I.  By that book they swear death to us and he burned it.  We should cheer and know those that choose to riot show themselves our enemy.

Offline sablegsd

• Newb
Absofreakinlutely!   ::thumbsup::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
...The book he burned is the manual for a people that swear by it "death to the infidel", that is you and I.  By that book they swear death to us and he burned it....

I s'pose that really is the bottom line.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

...The book he burned is the manual for a people that swear by it "death to the infidel", that is you and I.  By that book they swear death to us and he burned it....

I s'pose that really is the bottom line.

Agreed.

charlesoakwood

A small exposition of the opposition.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_US_AFGHANISTAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-04-02-19-24-46

Obama says desecration of the Quran “is an act of extreme intolerance and bigotry.”
Alinsky never sleeps.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Obama says desecration of the Quran “is an act of extreme intolerance and bigotry.”

Not nearly as much as reading it is.

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

Oh no, it wasn't Jones who burned the beast; It was the Jooos.

Afghan deaths in UN attack

notice the NATO force members killed were Americans and Nepalese Gurkhas.  The Gurkhas must be stand-ins for the Brits.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
A BBC female in a five minute interview keeps baiting Jones with the questions you would expect, and he doesn’t sway—he’s very clear. He says that the storming of the UN compound and the mass murder of its employees shows his very point, that Islam is a violent religion.

I would have added: if you say that Islam is a violent religion, Muslims start randomly slaughtering people.

Here’s a video that juxtaposes Jones against his critics, meaning everyone in the world (except me).{Not just Auster - others agree - P.}

Here is the transcript of the final part of the March 20 “trial” of the Koran held at Dove World Outreach Center, with Jones’s closing remarks.

For the moment I will just add this. The Koran is this monstrous book written by the mouthpiece of a sadistic god who calls for our destruction. What is the proper response on our part to this book? To reject it completely. To burn a copy of the Koran is a perfect symbolic expression of our total rejection of this monstrous book. This is what Jones understands and what so few others understand. And why don’t they understand it? Because they don’t totally reject Islam. Consider Robert Spencer. Does Spencer totally reject Islam? Not at all. For all his withering critiques of “supremacist Islam” (rarely or never of Islam itself), his writings assume a future in which Islam is allowed to remain in our society and keeps getting stronger and more numerous among us while we keep reading about it and debating about it and complaining about it and asking rhetorical questions about when it will reform itself.

IOW, not just another faith.

Auster
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Not nearly as much as reading it is.

Post of the Day.
 ::bows::

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Reid, Graham: Senate may probe Terry Jones & Koran burning
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 11:49:41 AM »
HT: gatewaypundit, Video @ link...

Reid, Graham: Senate may probe Terry Jones & koran burning

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says congressional lawmakers are discussing taking some action in response to the Koran burnings of a Tennessee pastor that led to killings at the U.N. facility in Afghanistan and sparked protests across the Middle East, Politico reports.

“Ten to 20 people have been killed,” Reid said Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “We’ll take a look at this of course. As to whether we need hearings or not, I don’t know.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham said Congress might need to explore the need to limit some forms of freedom of speech, in light of Tennessee pastor Terry Jones’ Quran burning, and how such actions result in enabling U.S. enemies.

“I wish we could find a way to hold people accountable. Free speech is a great idea, but we’re in a war,” Graham told CBS’ Bob Schieffer on “Face the Nation” Sunday.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Sen. Lindsey Graham said Congress might need to explore the need to limit some forms of freedom of speech,

Miss Lindsey might need to explore the First Amendment, whereby it is declared CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW limiting speech.

From Reid, I expect these shenanigans, but from Grahamnesty?  I'm getting mighty sick of his sht too.  Murdering turd-world lunatics go onto massacre people over some perceived slight - DO THEY EVEN KNOW WHERE FLORIDA IS?? - and Mr. Lavender decides we need silencing?!

Yeah, I swung right back into the outrage column with this.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:01:53 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
How can someone who takes an oath to defend the constitution say that the First Amendement is a "great idea" that might need to be limted?

I don't just want these people out of office. That is not enough.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
I don't just want these people out of office. That is not enough.

Word.  They are a clear and present danger to liberty.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I hope the Muslims just keep upping the ante then. Announce that the consumption of pork in the West is an affront to Allah. Then can Dingy Harry and Miss Lindsey blame everyone who had a Sunday ham for violence in the Muslim world? Hold hearings?

I literally cannot believe their sh*t. They have deeply internalized this idea that they are our rulers, not representatives. You can hear it in the way Reid is basically brainstorming about hearings, "Maybe, maybe not". It communicates their belief that at their whim they can deign to decide on your behalf what is allowable.

I've about had it with this damn country.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Why didn't the guards just open fire on the crowd after a warning shot?Why would you let them get close enough to take your weapon? Could it be the rules of engagement are so you get killed and as a distraction they want to investigate a minister???

ETA: If I were Graham I would start by limiting his own speech and Shut the F**k Up.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:31:08 PM by John Florida »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie