Author Topic: Greetings from the Land of Fruits & Nuts  (Read 11325 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Greetings from the Land of Fruits & Nuts
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »
...East Tennessee is a beautiful place.

So many places in this country are beautiful, and some are particularly so. Having been a fairly well-traveled person who's seen many beautiful places, East Tennessee was never on my radar. When we drove from the Gatlinburg/Severville/Pigeon Forge area on our way to Knoxville, I felt like I had entered a new kind of heaven. Absolutely gorgeous stretch of freeway.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 06:32:35 PM »
Quite true IDP.  Having been a professional photographer (the best time of my life was freelancing for two years in Knoxville in the 70's), I have often said that each region an state does have its beauty and my images bear that out.  I took a two week photo excursion to Arizona, Utah, Colorado & New Mexico last year and the beauty I recorded was very inspiring.  I have many images from Tennessee and elsewhere in the country and one can simply not see it all but can appreciate the beauty throughout the fruited plain. 

And Predator Don you are certainly correct that politically, Memphis is a ball & chain on true conservativism but there is a lot of history, good food and good music to keep it in the fold.  But having two RINO's representing the Volunteer State is very distasteful.  I used to teach in the HS that Alexander attended and he is thought of as a political god to those people.  He certainly is a decent man but like many who attend the big Methodist church next to the HS in Maryville, they have been contaminated by the plague of "Social Justice," even in east Tennessee.  Even one of my best friends in Maryville (my former principal) has been contaminated by Social Justice dogma.
"When victimization is your empowerment, recovery is the enemy."
... Tammy Bruce, from "The Death of Right and Wrong"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
Quite true IDP.  Having been a professional photographer (the best time of my life was freelancing for two years in Knoxville in the 70's), I have often said that each region an state does have its beauty and my images bear that out.  I took a two week photo excursion to Arizona, Utah, Colorado & New Mexico last year and the beauty I recorded was very inspiring.  I have many images from Tennessee and elsewhere in the country and one can simply not see it all but can appreciate the beauty throughout the fruited plain. 

And Predator Don you are certainly correct that politically, Memphis is a ball & chain on true conservativism but there is a lot of history, good food and good music to keep it in the fold.  But having two RINO's representing the Volunteer State is very distasteful.  I used to teach in the HS that Alexander attended and he is thought of as a political god to those people.  He certainly is a decent man but like many who attend the big Methodist church next to the HS in Maryville, they have been contaminated by the plague of "Social Justice," even in east Tennessee.  Even one of my best friends in Maryville (my former principal) has been contaminated by Social Justice dogma.

That is Lamar......The now social justice nutcase. If we could re locate a couple of Rib places, I'm willing to trade Memphis for a few trinkets. Plenty of good music to go around.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »
Well, I deduced wrongly but North Carolina has some very nice areas, especially nearby the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  If I can downsize and get rid of all the crap I have accumulated over six decades, I hope to return to Blount County (Maryville, TN area) and live out my final days.  I almost moved there in 2009 but the housing market crashed here in Washington State at that time so I put a halt to the move then.  Things are a bit better here now.  I am a bit amazed though that NC has been so strongly Dummycrat the past twenty years.  Liberalism is a mental disorder and North Carolinians seem to have suffered mightily from this liberal virus.  I have a friend in Detroit who just sold his home this week and is moving to a lovely log home on acreage in Franklin, NC.  I am very envious & I told him we might be neighbors before long.  As the crow flies, Maryville and Franklin are only about 40 miles apart.

I cannot quite place my finger on it, but for some reason liberals remind me of "The Walking Dead."
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
For those of you that think Seattle is nothing more than people eating tofu and sucking down Starbucks lattes while shuffling around town in their Birkenstocks, let me clue you in that it is also a hotbed for anarchism and Commie activity.  Remember that Gus Hall was from Seattle and the WTO riots that destroyed a goodly portion of downtown.  Well, yesterday was May Day and the anarchists had quite a time downtown.  Check out the photos and video from this circle jerk.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20130501/NEWS03/705019873#Peaceful-May-Day-marches-turn-violent-in-Seattle

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »
For those of you that think Seattle is nothing more than people eating tofu and sucking down Starbucks lattes while shuffling around town in their Birkenstocks, let me clue you in that it is also a hotbed for anarchism and Commie activity.  Remember that Gus Hall was from Seattle and the WTO riots that destroyed a goodly portion of downtown.  Well, yesterday was May Day and the anarchists had quite a time downtown.  Check out the photos and video from this circle jerk.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20130501/NEWS03/705019873#Peaceful-May-Day-marches-turn-violent-in-Seattle

And I'm told guns are a danger to society.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »
What we have learned is that ignorance, stupidity & denial are far greater dangers to our society.  We have visual proof in that video and photos I just posted above in my previous post.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 03:44:04 PM »
Whatever, Gumshoe! It's the Left Coast!

If you get the chance, try traveling through the land of paradise on earth where Glock, Pandora and I, your humble cynic, live and breath free, with a Republican Governor, a Republican Senate and a Republican House.

Welcome.

Humble? Good one.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline obumazombie

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 10:27:11 AM »
Well, I deduced wrongly but North Carolina has some very nice areas, especially nearby the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  If I can downsize and get rid of all the crap I have accumulated over six decades, I hope to return to Blount County (Maryville, TN area) and live out my final days.  I almost moved there in 2009 but the housing market crashed here in Washington State at that time so I put a halt to the move then.  Things are a bit better here now.  I am a bit amazed though that NC has been so strongly Dummycrat the past twenty years.  Liberalism is a mental disorder and North Carolinians seem to have suffered mightily from this liberal virus.  I have a friend in Detroit who just sold his home this week and is moving to a lovely log home on acreage in Franklin, NC.  I am very envious & I told him we might be neighbors before long.  As the crow flies, Maryville and Franklin are only about 40 miles apart.

I cannot quite place my finger on it, but for some reason liberals remind me of "The Walking Dead."

You mean Zombies For owebuma ? Just like me ?

To Gumshoe, which Paul Miller ? The southpaw quarterback from Carolina years back ?
Anyway welcome to the forum from a even newer noob. I hope your stay on the forum is long and prosperous.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 12:38:03 PM »

You mean Zombies For owebuma ? Just like me ?

To Gumshoe, which Paul Miller ? The southpaw quarterback from Carolina years back ?
Anyway welcome to the forum from a even newer noob. I hope your stay on the forum is long and prosperous.

Just like you? God forbid. But Zombies none-the-less. In the Walking Dead, some folks disguise themselves as zombies, in order to survive. The danger is, of course, that they will be thought to be the real destroyers of life. And they may be asked to PROVE their humanity or suffer the consequences.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ