Author Topic: Ever Wonder What "Inmates Running The Prison" Would Actually Look Like?  (Read 1967 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Just guessing here but I'm thinking it looks a lot like "20 to life" for quite a few people.

This is an extremely gripping story of corruption and incompetence of Maryland state prison officials and guards.

A cabal of corrupt corrections officers and members of the Black Guerrilla Family gang enjoyed nearly free rein inside the Baltimore City Detention Center, federal authorities allege, smuggling drugs and cellphones into the jail and having sexual relationships that left four guards pregnant.

An indictment unsealed Tuesday names 25 people — including 13 women working as corrections officers — who face racketeering and drug charges. Twenty of the accused also face money-laundering charges.

It alleges that Tavon White, an inmate known as "Bulldog," took control of the prison gang soon after his arrival in 2009 on an attempted-murder charge.

Tavon "Bulldog" White, the ringleader and, dare I say, mastermind of the conspiracy.

White appeared in Baltimore City Circuit Court Wednesday on that charge, hustled into a court room under heavy guard by state and federal officers. His case was postponed until this summer.
Creston P. Smith, White's attorney in the state case, said he knew nothing about the federal allegations.

But in the documents unsealed Tuesday, White is accused of building a network of corruption inside of the jail that both enabled a smuggling operation and allowed White to manage gang activity on the city streets.

"This is my jail," White said on an intercepted phone call, according to the indictment. "I'm dead serious. … I make every final call in this jail … and nothing go past me, everything come to me."

Well, it's good to have pride in one's work and accomplishments. I'm thinking that there probably isn't a self esteem issue here. I hear that JC Penney is looking for a new aggressive CEO who can really drive sales. This could be their guy.

Here is a link to the grand jury indictment that was unsealed yesterday. It is a fascinating read and I do not say that lightly. I can't quote it here due to the formatting used so you will have to click on the link to read any of it. It goes on and on and on listing one corrupt act after another, each one committed by prison guards who were acting on the directions of Mr. Bulldog 'cause he da man.

This is how Mr. Bulldog's operation worked. I don't see anything on the chart about boinking female prison guards but it has to be there somewhere. Oh, wait...there it is...that double arrowhead labeled, "SEX."

And this is where Mr. Bulldog worked. Pretty snazzy digs if you are running the joint, I suppose.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:43:52 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
That diagram is pretty succinct. If I was to guess, I'd bet you'd find a similar flow chart to one degree or another in every single prison in the country. Just a hunch.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Color me shocked.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Ah, castle GraySkull. ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.