Author Topic: GE Capital Cuts Off Lending to Gun Shops  (Read 1459 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
GE Capital Cuts Off Lending to Gun Shops
« on: April 25, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
Market Watch reported:  General Electric Co. is quietly cutting off lending to gun shops, as the company rethinks its relationship to firearms amid the fallout from the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

This month, Glenn Duncan, owner of Duncan’s Outdoor Store in Bay City, Mich., said he received a letter from GE Capital Retail Bank in which the lender said it had made “the difficult decision” to stop providing financing services to his store. Other gun dealers have received similar notices.

GE is at least the second big financial firm to retreat from the gun business following the school shootings, which claimed the lives of 20 first-graders and six adults in December.

Days after the killings, private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP said it would try to sell the gun company it owns — Freedom Group Inc. — which makes brands including Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin and H&R.

The moves highlight how companies, closely attuned to the concerns of investors and employees, have reacted to public horror caused by the attacks, even as complicated political considerations doomed new gun-control legislation in the Congress.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: GE Capital Cuts Off Lending to Gun Shops
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:43:01 AM »
Turnabout is fair play...anybody with connections to GE should end them, especially if it means more bad debt write-offs for those fascist-loving pricks!

Cloward-Piven their asses!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 06:51:19 AM »
It is also an opportunity for other lenders to step in and earn some loyal business.

Win-win. Segregate the economy on ideological lines, with the gun segment on our side.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 07:01:31 AM »
The realist in me knows GE will go hat in hand to the politicians and get quid pro quo out of us through them one way or another...which is why I probably favor punitive actions.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 08:52:39 AM »
Yeah, the made the decision to exit right after Obama called them and told them what to do. The great thing about fascism is the govt has all of the control, without any of the responsibly or expectation of results that comes with ownership. 

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 08:56:10 AM »
It is also an opportunity for other lenders to step in and earn some loyal business.

Win-win. Segregate the economy on ideological lines, with the gun segment on our side.
The problem is, once we are segregated, its oh so much easier for them to make laws just targeting us- since none of their cronies and donors are affected.
Besides, I can't imaging Gun Shops are in great need of credit at the moment, and if they are, you would be a fool not to lend to them... as long as their business remains legal that is, and perhaps even if it doesn't.  The liberals still don't get that they are just going to get a lot more "criminals" do they? One you are already a criminal, there really isn't a lot of incremental cost to breaking more laws - especially if you can avoid getting caught - which is easier the more criminals there all. How else do all of the illegal immigrants and welfare defrauders get away with it? 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »

True.  It will have to be the smaller banks -- not that there's anything wrong with that -- because GE joins Wells Fargo, BoA and Citigroup in refusing financing to any gun-related business.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »

The problem is, once we are segregated, its oh so much easier for them to make laws just targeting us- since none of their cronies and donors are affected.
Besides, I can't imaging Gun Shops are in great need of credit at the moment, and if they are, you would be a fool not to lend to them... as long as their business remains legal that is, and perhaps even if it doesn't.  The liberals still don't get that they are just going to get a lot more "criminals" do they? One you are already a criminal, there really isn't a lot of incremental cost to breaking more laws - especially if you can avoid getting caught - which is easier the more criminals there all. How else do all of the illegal immigrants and welfare defrauders get away with it? 

Catch us if you can!   ;)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:32:13 AM »
The realist in me knows GE will go hat in hand to the politicians and get quid pro quo out of us through them one way or another...which is why I probably favor punitive actions.

GE, along with GM and Chrysler, are on my "do not buy from forever" list. It's bad enough that I am being fleeced by the government to pay theses clods. I will not voluntarily contribute to them.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 12:01:06 PM »

GE, along with GM and Chrysler, are on my "do not buy from forever" list. It's bad enough that I am being fleeced by the government to pay theses clods. I will not voluntarily contribute to them.

Yup, all three are on my list too.   ;)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 04:46:45 PM »
See, this sort of discrimination is A-OK. But if you own a small photography business you can't decline to take jobs photographing fag weddings or else they'll sic State Almighty on you.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 04:55:31 PM »
See, this sort of discrimination is A-OK. But if you own a small photography business you can't decline to take jobs photographing fag weddings or else they'll sic State Almighty on you.

There's ways around that..."my schedule is full, sorry, here's a list of other vendors you can try", buh bye!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »
There's that, but it's galling that obfuscation is necessary in those cases, Libertas.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »

Corporatism. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 06:34:43 AM »
There's that, but it's galling that obfuscation is necessary in those cases, Libertas.

Galling yes, but necessary, it is what it is.  This is the Obama post-American world after all...use their tactics against them.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
Pictures of an Anti NRA Rally
Okay so 20-40 people can't make their own signs.  There just weren't printed signs at Tea Party rallies. The closest thing you came to something "mass produced" was American or Gadsen Flags ( I suspect if they were held today, you would see more Gadsens) But here they are, and they just can't be bothered to make thier own sign that more clearly reflects their own position and what they wanted to say.  Of course, the left have no thoughts of their own- they have to be handed to them by their masters. Wonder how many there also belong to a union,and how many were paid to be there by one.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »
Pictures of an Anti NRA Rally
Okay so 20-40 people can't make their own signs.  There just weren't printed signs at Tea Party rallies. The closest thing you came to something "mass produced" was American or Gadsen Flags ( I suspect if they were held today, you would see more Gadsens) But here they are, and they just can't be bothered to make thier own sign that more clearly reflects their own position and what they wanted to say.  Of course, the left have no thoughts of their own- they have to be handed to them by their masters. Wonder how many there also belong to a union,and how many were paid to be there by one.

::hysterical::

Hilarious, what a pathetic display!  Brain-dead attention whores nobody pays attention to! 

::laughonfloor::