Author Topic: Science Provides Evidence of a Soul  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Science Provides Evidence of a Soul
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »
Resuscitation medicine grew out of the mid-twentieth century discovery of CPR, the medical procedure by which hearts that have stopped beating are revived. Originally effective for a few minutes after cardiac arrest, advances in CPR have pushed that time to a half-hour or more.
New techniques promise to even further extend the boundary between life and death. At the same time, experiences reported by resuscitated people sometimes defy what’s thought to be possible. They claim to have seen and heard things, though activity in their brains appears to have stopped.
It sounds supernatural, and if their memories are accurate and their brains really have stopped, it’s neurologically inexplicable, at least with what’s now known. Parnia, leader of the Human Consciousness Project’s AWARE study, which documents after-death experiences in 25 hospitals across North America and Europe, is studying the phenomenon scientifically.

Perhaps the Brain is NOT the seat of consciousness, but a form of receiver/transmitter?  Your consciousness continues because your consciousness isn't IN your body, it is part of your soul.  The Body is just the Virtual Reality/Telepresence your consciousness uses - if the body starts working again, you can again control it as you did.

If someone dies of a heart attack, for example, and it can be fixed, then in principle we can protect the brain, make sure it doesn’t experience permanent cellular death, and re-start the heart

Or we could start having Futurama Head Museums.

People tend to interpret what they see based on their background: A Hindu describes a Hindu god, an atheist doesn’t see a Hindu god or a Christian god, but some being. Different cultures see the same thing, but their interpretation depends on what they believe.....
At the very least, it tells us that there’s this unique experience that humans have when they go through death. It’s universal. It’s described by children as young as three. And it tells us that we should not be afraid of death....
The point that goes against the experiences happening afterwards, or before the brain shut down, is that many people describe very specific details of what happened to them during cardiac arrest. They describe conversations people had, clothes people wore, events that went on 10 or 20 minutes into resuscitation. That is not compatible with brain activity.

Or it could be worse. We could all  just playing a Vastly Multiplayer Video Game, (I will Award High Praise to person who comes up with the best name for it - it is certainly NOT "Better than Life" )  and when we die, we wake up, and that being you see is the very compassionate guy trying to get you out before the next group comes in.

Back to Reality - Waking Up From The Game

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Re: Science Provides Evidence of a Soul
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
That Red Dwarf stuff....is so...so...umm....WRONG. After 8-10 episodes I just gave up. It almost works, but not quite.

This was a bit I had never seen though, and it was funny. Thanks for posting it.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »
That Red Dwarf stuff....is so...so...umm....WRONG. After 8-10 episodes I just gave up. It almost works, but not quite.

This was a bit I had never seen though, and it was funny. Thanks for posting it.

Red Dwarf was always hit and miss. The first two seasons (if you can call 6 episodes a season) had their moments, but they really didn't hit stride till later seasons. Either that or I acquired a taste for them.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:44:56 PM »

"Tis all a matter o taste"

I "got" Red Dwarf. I don't care for most British television and would rather go to the dentist than watch Dr. Who, but I liked Red Dwarf.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 08:03:23 PM »
I don't care for most British television and would rather go to the dentist than watch Dr. Who, but I liked Red Dwarf.

Monty Python and Fawlty Towers were fairly decent at times. Never heard of Red Dwarf.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »
I don't care for most British television and would rather go to the dentist than watch Dr. Who, but I liked Red Dwarf.

Monty Python and Fawlty Towers were fairly decent at times. Never heard of Red Dwarf.

I will say this - it is definitely an acquired taste.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 04:50:20 PM »

I will say this - it is definitely an acquired taste.

I read the books first then the TV show aired and I caught it sporadically.  I have season 2 and 3 on DVD can't find the rest (not looking too hard though),
Eschew Obfuscation