Author Topic: Eagles on the nest  (Read 4870 times)

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Eagles on the nest
« on: April 01, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »
If they can continue so can we!
http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles
 ::cool::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Eagles on the nest
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »
That sounds pretty interesting but there wasn't anything streaming when I clicked through.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »
How cool is that???
 ::cool:: ::praying:: ::bows::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »
That sounds pretty interesting but there wasn't anything streaming when I clicked through.

Try again... it's live footage of a Bald Eagle Eyrie - with lil' chicklets too.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »

Same here.  Tried twice.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 06:10:17 PM »

Try again... it's live footage of a Bald Eagle Eyrie - with lil' chicklets too.
WTF I missed the hatch!

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
It says "First hatch is imminent. It could occur anytime today."  I assume that means it hasn't happened yet, or else the site hasn't been updated.

Right now I just see the mother in the nest; no eggs or chicks.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »
still on my comp.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »
An egg with a hole!  She just stood up for a moment and I saw it.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 06:26:56 PM »
It says "First hatch is imminent. It could occur anytime today."  I assume that means it hasn't happened yet, or else the site hasn't been updated.

Right now I just see the mother in the nest; no eggs or chicks.
Due date was today. But if you have kids you know what that means. Hurry Up and Wait!  ::beertoast::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 06:45:26 PM »

Same here.  Tried twice.

Wonder if it's a browser thing. I can get it to come up no problem.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 07:23:54 PM »
Shift change!  I didn't get a clear view of the eggs.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 07:27:07 PM »
Shift change!  I didn't get a clear view of the eggs.
Wasn't that cool!
Ok I'm a nature Geek

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
If you cant get it google (lord I hate that word?) Iowa eagles nest and follow the links from there

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 08:00:16 PM »
I've seen the current occupant of the nest (the mother, I think, based on the description on the site--it was apparently the father who was there before "shift change") uncover the eggs twice, and I didn't see the hole I thought I saw earlier.  Maybe it was just a piece of dirt.

It looks like the camera may have changed to night vision mode.  It looks black & white now.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 06:09:40 AM »
I went back to the EagleCam and now it says "First hatch 4/2/11.  Second hatch imminent." 

So the hole I glimpsed last evening was real, and the egg must have hatched during the night.  I haven't seen the chick yet.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 06:25:58 AM »
The parent (I'm not sure which one this is) just got up and I saw the chick.  Just a little gray ball of fluff, as the camera is still in night-vision mode.

Edit:  It just switched to daylight mode.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:30:08 AM by rickl »
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 06:59:58 AM »
One down and two to go! ::whoohoo::

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 07:11:46 AM »
A few minutes ago there was another shift change and I got a clear view of the chick.  Unfortunately I forgot how to take a screen shot and missed the opportunity.

Then a couple of minutes later, the parent stood up.  This time I was ready.

(There's two eggs and an empty eggshell there.)
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 07:26:08 AM »
I'm just wondering how long they will let that rabbit on side of the nest to age before eating it.