Author Topic: Eagles on the nest  (Read 4878 times)

Offline Miltrainer

Re: Eagles on the nest
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 11:47:57 AM »
Why do I feel that if the third chick hatches it will be forced out by the other two  ::whatgives::
Because that is Life, Sad but true.
Survival of the Fittest or like I would say the Best Trained!
Or most ruthless!.......Just sayin! ::whatgives::
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 08:13:34 AM »
Dang.  Link doesn't work for me.  Where is this at?

We've had nests up at our lake, but just watched through binoculars, shuld think about a camera!  Probably have to go through the lake association though...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 08:15:45 AM »
There's a guy in Minnesota, a fellow bannee from a certain gas price web site  ;), that does this for loons.  Several TV stations have covered it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 11:32:52 AM »
Oh, that's why I don't know...I haven't watched a local news broadcast in eons...I think I'd rather gargle used motor oil than watch that brain-destroying crud!

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 06:28:27 PM »
What are you lookin' at?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »
Indeed.  Heheh.

It's not called the eagle-eye fer nuthin'.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 09:13:34 AM »
Oh, that's why I don't know...I haven't watched a local news broadcast in eons...I think I'd rather gargle used motor oil than watch that brain-destroying crud!

More like the outdoors shows.  Just google Minnesota loon cam and you'll find it. 

Then tell yourself, he was banned for using the term "loony liberal."   ::hysterical::  The kind of term that gets you banned, at so-called neutral web sites.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »

More like the outdoors shows.  Just google Minnesota loon cam and you'll find it. 

Then tell yourself, he was banned for using the term "loony liberal."   ::hysterical::  The kind of term that gets you banned, at so-called neutral web sites.

Wow, then they'd really go apeshyte over my old Yahoo moniker of liberalslayer!

::rolllaughing::

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »
Man can you imagine the stench in that nest with all those carcasses in it. ::puke::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2011, 09:27:44 PM »
I haven't looked in for a couple of days but the third chick hatched yesterday.

We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
I'm not seeing the 3rd Chick. (Sat., April 9) 5:12 e.s.t.)
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »
Here they all are, in a screenshot I took a minute ago.  The one in the middle seems to be doing most of the eating.  I'm guessing the one on the right is the youngest, since it's less active.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2011, 06:55:21 PM »
Here are some more pictures showing all three chicks.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 11:48:43 PM »
I'm not seeing the 3rd Chick. (Sat., April 9) 5:12 e.s.t.)

There she is. You can just see her peeking out from behind the frosty mug...

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 04:26:41 AM »
<pic snipped>

Uhhhh, what mug? I don't see a mug . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45:31 AM »
I think the one in front likes me. 

What was I doing?  Oh yes, eagles.  The parent just left the nest for a moment (bathroom break?) and I got a screenshot of the three by themselves.  They all watched the adult fly away, and one of them seemed to try flapping its little wings.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 09:06:44 AM »
They're all resting quietly now.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »
OMG.  I have no idea what the parent is doing, but it looks gnarly.  He/She seems to be cleaning the nest and spraying dust on the eaglets.  I shudder to think what that is.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2013, 04:26:07 PM »
Been seeing activity here as I drive by, no cam set up that I can find -

http://abcnewspapers.com/2012/02/15/eagles-roost-in-coon-rapids/

The cam on the ones in an undisclosed location in central MN is up, windy up there today, has two chicks -

http://mnbound.com/live-eagle-cam/

Catch the clips further down the page pretty good!

::thumbsup::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »
I was on my way back home from Buffalo yesterday and a bald eagle flew directly over my car.

I saw him weaving back and forth high above the road as we approached, and the closer we got, the lower he came. As we got close, it looked like he was flying down directly to meet our vehicle, almost like a dive-bomb. By the time we got to him, he swooped down right at the side of he truck, and then almost straight up and away. If I'd had my window open and arms about 8 feet long, I coulda touched him. It was severely cool.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson