Author Topic: Idiot coach gets angry over word "guns" on 'ball jerseys  (Read 1360 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Idiot coach gets angry over word "guns" on 'ball jerseys
« on: April 28, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »
Some parents in Bedford, Michigan went crazy went they saw that their children's baseball jerseys had the word "Guns" on them.

The team name is the the Cubs, but the team's sponsor is "Todd's Guns."

The team's coach says he didn't notice at first, but as he was passing the jersey's out he said he saw the phrase "Todd's Guns" and he got "very angry." Walters has a son who plays on the team.

Todd Bruning, the owner of the gun store, says he doesn't see a problem with the jerseys. He said they "don't promote violence, just a local business."

Bruning has two sons on the team, and he said they went crazy with excitement when they saw "dad's shop" on the jerseys.

The president of the 3-B baseball team released this statement:  "3-B baseball relies on sponsorship and concession revenue to break even. We have never discriminated against any local business or organization in the past regarding sponsorships."

The team's coach says his son will wear the jersey, but they will put tape over the logo to block it out.

The coach got "very angry"?!  And who are the "some parents"?  Looks to me like it's just the coach.

Any one kid tapes over the business' name and the gunshop should demand their sponsor money be returned.  Enough of this bullsht.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Re: Idiot coach gets angry over word "guns" on 'ball jerseys
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »
Anyone who pays for advertising, whose name and logo is then blocked out, by the people he is sponsoring deserves a FULL refund IMMEDIATELY.!!!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »
The team's coach says his son will wear the jersey, but they will put tape over the logo to block it out.

As long as it is only his own kids shirt I wouldn't object. I would point out however that his dad is a pussy.

:o

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:44:50 PM »

As long as it is only his own kids shirt I wouldn't object. I would point out however that his dad is a pussy.

:o

Then let him pay for his own kid's shirt; the gunshop owner sponsored the whole team.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »
One year when I played coach-pitch my dad's lawn and garden shop sponsored the team. It was cool to see my dad's store on all the uniforms, so I know how the guy's two sons felt when they first got their new uniforms and saw their dad's store printed on them. I can also imagine how they feel that their lamebrain coach has made a point of objecting, to the point of covering the name. So let this be an important and early life lesson for them that liberals will prosecute a never ending crusade against anything fun and enjoyable. They are fundamentally angry, unhappy people and they want to make everyone else the same.

And yes, I'd make a point of being a thorn in his side after this. I'd be complaining to the league that the only one with the problem is this coach, so maybe he's the one who should throw in the towel. I'd also use it as a learning experience for the two sons, to know from a young age what the totalitarian nature of so-called liberalism is all about: their way or the highway, which quickly evolves into their way or the unmarked grave.

What a douchebag. Maybe he should just have his team sponsored by Tampax and get them some pink uniforms. And I bet his own son is the team's pitcher. The coach's son was always the pitcher, no matter how good or bad he was.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:57:22 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 04:41:33 PM »
The league president pointed out his appreciation and need for sponsors. I'd like to see him put his money where his mouth is, and relieve this coach of his duties, and give him the option of letting his kid play ball with the rest of the team - logo in tact - or his kid missing out on this season of baseball.

Sad, that a kid should be caught in the middle. But the dad put him there. Couldn't blame the league for following through.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »
I noticed none of the idiot parents stepped up to sponsor the team. C'mon parents, put your money where your anger is.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 06:00:56 PM »
I noticed none of the idiot parents stepped up to sponsor the team. C'mon parents, put your money where your anger is.

My guess would be because "some parents" is the media's deliberate effort to conflate this one guy with the team's parents in general, to paint it as a mass revulsion to such an unseemly sponsor, when probably that's not the case at all.

This is exactly the sort of small scale battle that must be fought, because it's an example of the larger effort to marginalize anything firearm related. They've had trouble with outright political action, so they'll go the social/cultural angle of acting as if a gun shop is on the level of a seedy adult book store. It needs to be fought. Commerce in firearms is a perfectly legitimate, and in fact historically critical, part of the American experience. If I were the sponsor I'd be thinking up some smartass response along the lines of "It's not as if we're handing out pistols to the kids. It may be true that everyone gets a trophy, but they don't all get a firearm."

- Yours Truly

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »

My guess would be because "some parents" is the media's deliberate effort to conflate this one guy with the team's parents in general, to paint it as a mass revulsion to such an unseemly sponsor, when probably that's not the case at all.

This is exactly the sort of small scale battle that must be fought, because it's an example of the larger effort to marginalize anything firearm related. They've had trouble with outright political action, so they'll go the social/cultural angle of acting as if a gun shop is on the level of a seedy adult book store. It needs to be fought. Commerce in firearms is a perfectly legitimate, and in fact historically critical, part of the American experience. If I were the sponsor I'd be thinking up some smartass response along the lines of "It's not as if we're handing out pistols to the kids. It may be true that everyone gets a trophy, but they don't all get a firearm."

harumph harupmph harumph! (murmurs of assent from the assembled crowd!)
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »

Ding!  This ^^ is the thing.  They push, we push back HARDER; instead of backing off *at all*, we up the ante.  The only way to out-maneuver the Left is to push past what they're currently whinging about and then negotiate for a position -- the way they "compromise" -- slightly ahead of where we started.  Isn't this the way they do it?  Demand the universe, settle for the sun and the moon?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »
harumph harupmph harumph! (murmurs of assent from the assembled crowd!)

I didn't get a "harumph!" out of that guy!

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 07:39:00 AM »
Harumph!

No retreat, no surrender...go on offense and stay on offense!   ::oldman::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
Maybe he should just have his team sponsored by Tampax

::hysterical::

Or Summer's Eve to fit his personality.