Author Topic: Tom Selleck on the set of "Blue Bloods"  (Read 3076 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Tom Selleck on the set of "Blue Bloods"
« on: April 01, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
TOM Selleck has quite the temper!

The actor apparently flew off the handle when an extra on the set of his TV show Blue Bloods picked up a real gun and started pointing it at people!

The extra -- who was playing a cop but had never held a real gun -- was horrified when Tom, a lifelong gun enthusiast and board member of the National Rifle Association, spotted him and yelled, “Hey, YOU! What the HELL are you doing? That gun’s NOT a toy -- stop waving it around!"

“Look at you...your finger’s STILL ON THE TRIGGER!”

According to American tabloid the National Enquirer, the extra then squirmed, “Is the gun really loaded?”

Selleck replied, “No, it’s not loaded. But when you handle a gun it’s common sense to assume it IS loaded, and NOT point it at people!”

Yesyes; isn't he quite the Prima Dona, berating an idiot waving a gun around.  I'll tell ya, some people are sooo excitable!

H/T David Codrea - "The War on Guns"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Tom Selleck on the set of "Blue Bloods"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
Sure have always liked Selleck, even before I became conservative. It seems in retrospect like his career can be divided into Before Rosie and After Rosie. He's the first outright example I can think of of a conservative actor being professionally punished by Hollywood for expressing their conservative views. I'm sure there were many more before him, but he's the first one who came onto my radar.

There is a growing faction within the film industry producing conservative films. I wonder if Selleck could mount a resurgence there.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:29:43 PM »
Probably a clinger too.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 05:29:28 AM »
I'm with Sellek 100% on this one.  You DO NOT wave a gun around.  Period. The world is littered with the bodies of people who thought their gun was fake or unloaded.  Terry Kath and Brandon Lee come to mind, right off the bat.  The extra deserved a b****-slapping.

But on the other hand, on second thought, Pandora is mocking the tabloid trash, not supporting it, so never mind.  ::rockets::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 11:29:31 AM »
Exactly, MN.  The "Tom Selleck has a temper" sniffing was the author's take on Selleck's behavior, not mine.

Apparently, real guns are used on the sets, with blanks, but, as with your example of Brandon Lee, it doesn't make it safe or smart to not handle them as one would any other weapons.  Fortunately, Selleck as a gun owner and shooter, was there to impress upon whoever was present that guns are not toys, and just because it's TV doesn't make everything pretend.

This is what's the matter with society as a whole today - no working knowledge of, nor appreciation for, the tools of self-defense and liberty.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »
The name Jon-Erik Hexum may ring a bell with you guys. He was an up-and-coming actor in the 80's who was killed by a blank round and sheer stupidity of the kind witnessed here by Selleck.

Hexum was fooling around on set with a .44 Magnum loaded with blanks. He thought blanks couldn't harm him, so he put the gun to his temple and fired, and the wadding blew a quarter-sized hole in the side of his head. If someone like Selleck had been there, Jon-Erik Hexum may be alive today.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »
Exactly, MN.  The "Tom Selleck has a temper" sniffing was the author's take on Selleck's behavior, not mine.

This is what's the matter with society as a whole today - no working knowledge of...

::thumbsup::

They have no working knowledge, period. 
There is a website: Howstuffworks, they've never been there.   

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »

This is what's the matter with society as a whole today - no working knowledge of...

::thumbsup::

They have no working knowledge, period. 
There is a website: Howstuffworks, they've never been there.   

If they kill themselves you could say OH WELL. The problem is you know the odds are they'll kill some innocent slub just working to feed his kids.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »
The name Jon-Erik Hexum may ring a bell with you guys. He was an up-and-coming actor in the 80's who was killed by a blank round and sheer stupidity of the kind witnessed here by Selleck.

Hexum was fooling around on set with a .44 Magnum loaded with blanks. He thought blanks couldn't harm him, so he put the gun to his temple and fired, and the wadding blew a quarter-sized hole in the side of his head. If someone like Selleck had been there, Jon-Erik Hexum may be alive today.

Yep. A fragment of his skull became the "bullet". Basic familiarity with how firearms work would have prevented such an act of ignorance. This is a familiarity a wide swath of America used to have from general outdoor activities, Boy Scouts, school shooting teams, etc.

It's hard to believe we're in the same country where it was once commonplace for students to bring rifles to school for official school-sanctioned sports.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly