Author Topic: Gay activist admits ‘we lie’ that marriage won’t change  (Read 1154 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Institution of marriage should not exist."

Vid at link.

" “It’s a no-brainer that (homosexual activists) should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it’s a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist. …(F)ighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there — because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie.

The institution of marriage is going to change, and it should change. And again, I don’t think it should exist. And I don’t like taking part in creating fictions about my life. That’s sort of not what I had in mind when I came out thirty years ago.

I have three kids who have five parents, more or less, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t have five parents legally… I met my new partner, and she had just had a baby, and that baby’s biological father is my brother, and my daughter’s biological father is a man who lives in Russia, and my adopted son also considers him his father. So the five parents break down into two groups of three… And really, I would like to live in a legal system that is capable of reflecting that reality, and I don’t think that’s compatible with the institution of marriage.”

It’s not about tolerance or acceptance, nor has it ever been. “We just want to get married too…” has always been a lie and it’s unfortunate that people on our side .... find it to be such a compelling argument."

Oh yeah, baby ........ "it takes a village" and this lunatic is seeing to it that the children involved will live in crazy-town.

Not bad enough that people just like her destroyed Black families; she wants exactly that for our entire society.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Gay activist admits ‘we lie’ that marriage won’t change
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »
From the comments, and I wish it had been sourced, although I found one referencing site ....

"Activist Paula Ettelbrick, once policy director for the National Center for L e s b i a n Rights, formerly legal director of the Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund (formerly the Lambda Legal Defense Fund), is tactically "for" same-s e x "marriage," but shares these caveats:

"Being q u e e r is more than setting up house, sleeping with a person of the same gender, and seeking state approval for doing so....Being q u e e r means pushing the parameters of sex, sexuality, and family, and in the process, transforming the very fabric of society....

As a l e s b i a n, I am fundamentally different from non-l e s b i a n women....In arguing for the right to legal marriage, l e s b i a n s and g a y men would be forced to claim that we are just like h e t e r o s e x u a l couples, have the same goals and purposes, and vow to structure our lives similarly....We must keep our eyes on the goals of providing true alternatives to marriage and of radically reordering society's view of reality."

Both the National Center for L e s b i a n Rights and the Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund are considered, not "fringe," but "mainstream" g a y activist groups. Former Lambda Legal Defense Fund president Thomas Stoddard also expresses lukewarm support for same-s e x "marriages":

"I must confess at the outset that I am no fan of the "institution" of marriage as currently constructed and practiced....Why give it such prominence? Why devote resources to such a distant goal? Because marriage is, I believe, the political issue that most fully tests the dedication of people who are not g a y to full equality for g a y people, and also the issue most likely to lead ultimately to a world free of discrimination against l e s b i a n s and g a y men."

Activist Donna Minkowitz says:

"We [g a y and l e s b i a n activists] have been on the defensive too long. It's time to affirm that the Right is correct in some of its pronouncements about our movement. Pat Buchanan said there was a "cultural war" going on "for the soul of America" and that g a y and l e s b i a n rights were the principal battleground. He was right. Similarly, [h o m o]'phobes like Pat Robertson are right when they say that we threaten the family, male domination, and the Calvinist ethic of work and grimness that has paralyzed most Americans' search for pleasure.

Indeed, instead of proclaiming our innocuousness, we ought to advertise our potential to change straight society in radical, beneficial ways. Het[ero s e x u a l]s have much to learn from us: first and foremost, the fact that pleasure is possible (and desirable) beyond the sanction of the state. Another fact gleaned from g a y experience-that gender is for all intents and purposes a fiction-also has the potential to revolutionize straight lives."

Writing in Out magazine, regular contributor Michelangelo Signorile (quoted supra) has described a strategy in which h o m o s e x u a l s

"fight for same-s e x marriage and its benefits and then, once granted, redefine the institution of marriage completely...to debunk a myth and radically alter an archaic institution....The most subversive action lesbians and g a y s can undertake-and one that would perhaps benefit all of society-is to transform the notion of 'family' entirely.""
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »
Sounds to me like they've made the mistake of believing their own propaganda. Yes they have made significant changes to the social and cultural landscape, but that is largely because of straight people who want the "cool" associated with championing the gay agenda because hasn't it always been cool for youth to be transgressive and opposed to the staid order of their day?

They are in for a rude surprise when they start drifting into the biological argument, about crap like gender being a "fiction". They are 2% of the population. They are outliers -- biological dead ends (or more generously, biological cul-de-sacs). As a male I can assure you I never had to be "taught" or "conditioned" or "acculturated" to be attracted to females. Even infants respond to the opposite sex in a different way, emotionally, than to the same sex. This attempt of theirs to brainwash young kids into being artificial homos is going to blow up in their faces.

I've seen the hag referenced in the first article. She has a very, how to put this, Pee Wee Herman crossed with Steve Buscemi look about her. And she's literally Soviet, so big surprise that soiling the cultural and moral fabric of the West is one of her turn-ons.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:51:41 AM »
They are winning though...look at the reaction to this Collins guy coming out...99% of the people being quoted are falling over themselves heaping praise for such a brave act...

Words and meanings have been so dumbed down...it is beyond "cool" to be hip with gayness (that peaked in the early 90's...think Seinfeld and "...not that there's anything wrong with that", once something hits wide distribution in pop culture it has already been mainstreamed) it is now sanctioned that not being OK with it is tantamount to lynching a black man...and it doesn't matter if you are a participant...even thinking ill of a gay person and their gay behavior is a sin that should (and if they have their way, will) be punishable by the state.

The time for pushing back with any effectiveness may have already passed...I just don't see it happening fast enough and large enough...getting latter day American's off their fat lazy asses for anything is getting harder and harder by the second...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:38:16 PM »
They are winning though...look at the reaction to this Collins guy coming out...99% of the people being quoted are falling over themselves heaping praise for such a brave act...

Words and meanings have been so dumbed down...it is beyond "cool" to be hip with gayness (that peaked in the early 90's...think Seinfeld and "...not that there's anything wrong with that", once something hits wide distribution in pop culture it has already been mainstreamed) it is now sanctioned that not being OK with it is tantamount to lynching a black man...and it doesn't matter if you are a participant...even thinking ill of a gay person and their gay behavior is a sin that should (and if they have their way, will) be punishable by the state.

The time for pushing back with any effectiveness may have already passed...I just don't see it happening fast enough and large enough...getting latter day American's off their fat lazy asses for anything is getting harder and harder by the second...

While I agree with you 50% I also agree with you on the other 50%. I suppose they're all banking on the non existence of God, they are in for a rude rather hot ass burning when they find out as Nero "the Matrix" did to paraphrase "You mean He does exist?"  Literally to hell with those that choose willingly to corrupt the innocent.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »

While I agree with you 50% I also agree with you on the other 50%. I suppose they're all banking on the non existence of God, they are in for a rude rather hot ass burning when they find out as Nero "the Matrix" did to paraphrase "You mean He does exist?"  Literally to hell with those that choose willingly to corrupt the innocent.

Agreed.  Not having a soul is liberating for evil doers, what is there to hold them back?  For them no God means they can and will do anything, base selfishness and forcing others to bend to their will is their only driving force.  Just imagine how empty they are inside, how empty still they will become when they can do anything they desire, and the evil which will be let loose upon the earth.  They are like Muzzies in that singlemindedness, but the 7th Century Savages will kill them outright and not bother with conversions, in the end their fate is sealed, and they don't know it or don't care.  There is no living with either.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood