Author Topic: US Army Tells Troops to Scrape Bible Verses Off Their Weapons  (Read 1534 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Soldiers at Fort Wainwright in Alaska told Fox News they received a directive to turn in their scopes so the Bible references could be removed.

The scopes were made by Trijicom and referenced New Testament passages in John 8:12 and Second Corinthians 4:6. The verses appeared at the end of the scope serial numbers – “JN8:12” and “2COR4:6.”

“The biblical verse (JN8:12) must be removed utilizing a Dremel type tool and then painted black,” read instructions on how to remedy the matter.

After the letters and numbers were scraped off, soldiers were directed to use apply black paint to ensure the verses were totally covered.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: US Army Tells Troops to Scrape Bible Verses Off Their Weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:02:25 AM »
i can't even say how disconcerting it is to realize that our armed services are in the grip of committed Leftists. That's really the one and only necessary piece to their puzzle. If and when all else fails, they'll have force.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
The verses are still there. They just can't be seen by the unaided eye.

I remember seeing a report on FBI crime scene techniques and one of the things that they could do was read serial numbers that had been ground off by looking at them via x-ray. The original engraving disturbs the molecules deeply into the metal and the only way to truly remove the numbers would involve drilling the metal all the way through.

So...they are still there. Not a true victory for the left.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:08:43 AM »
Stupid crap like that would drive me to label stuff of offense to them all voer everything I own!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »

Graffiti

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:24:24 AM »

Graffiti

On the skin!   ;)

Key bible versus inked in large writ everywhere!

::cool::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »

On a bridge, on a sign at the RR tracks, on a wall, on the gas pump.  
Push back every spot of opportunity.

ETA: A stencil and a small spray can. Pssst

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »
Turn your car into a rolling advertisement for Jesus.   ::whoohoo::

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »

John 8:12

New International Version (NIV)
12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

2 Corinthians 4:6

6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”[a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

I wonder how many who never noticed it, will now feel compelled to refuse or ignore the command?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »
CHF, obviously those are subversive verses, meant to marginalize those in our nation's military who would feel intimidated and pressured by such overt religiosity in a microscopic etching in their rifle scope.

/sarc
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 02:31:41 PM »

John 8:12

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

2 Corinthians 4:6

6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”[a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

I wonder how many who never noticed it, will now feel compelled to refuse or ignore the command?

This is how stupid they are:  those verses refer to light (secondarily); no confusion as to why they're on scopes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »
I seem to remember a story from quite a while back about one or more of our snipers writing scripture references on the bullets that they were using to puncture jihadis.

Not much different than the Vietnam era practice of stapling the ace of spades playing card to the foreheads of dead Viet Cong.

Not anywhere near as controversial as stuffing the mouths of dead jihadis with bacon.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.