Author Topic: "Slayer" guitarist Jeff Hanneman, 49  (Read 1027 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"Slayer" guitarist Jeff Hanneman, 49
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:09:45 AM »
I guess right about now he's finding out if the Satan he glorified in life will be his everlasting master tormenting him in death.

Jeff Hanneman dead at 49: Slayer guitarist succumbs to liver failure after nearly losing arm to spider bite
A founding member of the heavy metal group was working with the band on a new album when he died at Los Angeles hospital.

LOS ANGELES — Jeff Hanneman, a founding member of the thrash metal band Slayer whose career was irrevocably changed after a spider bite, has died. He was 49.

Slayer spokeswoman Heidi Robinson-Fitzgerald said Hanneman died Thursday morning of liver failure at a Los Angeles hospital with his wife, Kathy, by his side. The guitarist had recently begun writing songs with the band in anticipation of recording an album later this year.

He had been slowly recovering from what was believed to be a spider bite that nearly cost him his arm after he failed to seek immediate treatment.

“The music industry has lost a true trailblazer, and our deepest sympathies go out to his family, his bandmates and fans around the world who mourn his untimely passing,” said Neil Portnow, president and CEO of the Recording Academy, in a statement. Robinson-Fitzgerald said it’s believed the spider bite contributed to the failure of Hanneman’s liver, but it is unclear whether an autopsy will be scheduled.

“Jeff Hanneman will always be a metal god,” rocker Andrew W.K. posted on Twitter. Hanneman co-founded the thrash metal pioneers in Huntington Beach, Calif., in 1982.

Slayer - God Hates Us All (with lyrics)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: "Slayer" guitarist Jeff Hanneman, 49
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »
Yep, Slayer is/was a band you had no doubt about, where they stand.

Good luck there, sport.  You're gonna need it.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "Slayer" guitarist Jeff Hanneman, 49
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
I like cruising the Metal Mix and Classic Metal stations on my phones music station app, just hit some Slayer this morning.

The demise is almost ironic...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.