Author Topic: So, I Guess Our Best Player Is Ineligible?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
So, I Guess Our Best Player Is Ineligible?
« on: May 05, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »
Kind of found out this morning that Ted Cruz was born in Canada. Only one of his parents is native born American, his mother. His father is Cuban born.

SO....

Is he eligible or ineligible to be president?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: So, I Guess Our Best Player Is Ineligible?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
Kind of found out this morning that Ted Cruz was born in Canada. Only one of his parents is native born American, his mother. His father is Cuban born.

SO....

Is he eligible or ineligible to be president?

I say ineligible.  Is the rules the rules or is they ain't 'cause they favor our side this or that time?

There's a reason for the "American born, of two citizen parents"; it's so there is a better chance of no divided loyalties.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »
I say he's eligible for the same reason the current usurper is....because I said so. Screw the constitution so why use it to limit those that would be President? Oh and BTW, Rubio has the same problem. I however, don't have this problem except I'm not running for a position in which the ship has already struck the iceberg and can't do anything about it. I'll be perfectly happy to sell you popcorn to make the time pass by more quickly. ::popcorn::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 10:04:17 PM »
But..but...but there's still Rand Paul (ducks & runs for cover)...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »
I say he's eligible for the same reason the current usurper is....because I said so. Screw the constitution so why use it to limit those that would be President? Oh and BTW, Rubio has the same problem. I however, don't have this problem except I'm not running for a position in which the ship has already struck the iceberg and can't do anything about it. I'll be perfectly happy to sell you popcorn to make the time pass by more quickly. ::popcorn::

Because you said so, because you think it's okay to play by "their" rules?  And I'm glad to use the rules against Rubio.

So, nuh uh.   ::slapfight::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 10:54:16 PM »

Because you said so, because you think it's okay to play by "their" rules?  And I'm glad to use the rules against Rubio.

So, nuh uh.   ::slapfight::

There are no rules anymore. This is war.If they think there are no limits, its fine by me. Make me president. I will give them house to house searches,  I will take THEIR children, I will cut off thier aid and I will watch them starve.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 02:47:57 AM »
This is a tough one. I want to be consistent and come down on the side of the literal interpretation of the Constitution. I also see Cruz as the closest thing to the real deal we have seen in a generation and, if true, someone we desperately need at the top of the party to provide leadership...someone we need leading the country.

Precedent has been set with O'Bongo. There is absolutely no way that the left or anyone in the MFM could legitimately argue that, by their standards for O'Bongo, Cruz is ineligible. The only people who seriously argued that O'Bongo was ineligible were people like us who were sticklers for the letter of the law and where did that get us? Right, nowhere. No one listened to us or ever gave anything approaching a serious airing of those concerns.

Rubio isn't going anywhere after his debacle on immigration and Rand Paul blew it with his statements in support of domestic drone usage after the Boston bombing. Only Cruz is left standing when it comes to standing up for what is right. It is with no small amount of irony that the Constitution's biggest defender is technically ineligible to be president but, hey, at this point I'm not really seeing a downside. The country is thoroughly boned anyway. We are so screwed it isn't even funny. Up to our eyeballs in debt, more vulnerable to attack than at any time in our nation's history, millions of people who are not only unemployed but after years of living on the dole they are probably permanently unemployable...face it, there's not much left to do here but turn the lights out.

So...I'm thinking, since we are totally screwed anyway, screw it. I'll vote for him.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 06:55:39 AM »
We might be screwed anyway...but if we ignore the constitution we are no better than our enemies.  I have no problem bending some laws of men for the sake of liberty, but those expressly delineated by our Founders I think should only be violated by our enemies, that way I have the high road no matter what those asshats might say, and the justification to water the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants.

Speaking of tyrants...y'all catch this?  - - ->  http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,8259.new.html

Our enemies are openly begging for it.  They want it real bad.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 09:06:16 AM »
His mom is American.  I don't care who she married.  Unless she renounced her citizenship, she's American hence Ted is American.  End of story.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »

You... you're saying he's an anchor baby?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »
His mom is American.  I don't care who she married.  Unless she renounced her citizenship, she's American hence Ted is American.  End of story.

Lot of other factors about that, so, no; not end of story.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
His mom is American.  I don't care who she married.  Unless she renounced her citizenship, she's American hence Ted is American.  End of story.

What other factors do you anticipate? If he were to run do you expect a fight from the dhimmis? Or the conservatives?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 11:38:59 AM »
Since the political effort is 100% futile anyway, I am of the opinion that we might as well go out having endeavored to remain as faithful to the Constitution as possible. Let the raping of the Constitution belong entirely to the Left and RINOs.

I'm not prepared to grant a patina of legitimacy to the Left's abrogation of the Constitution by indulging in it ourselves.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »
His mom is American.  I don't care who she married.  Unless she renounced her citizenship, she's American hence Ted is American.  End of story.

What other factors do you anticipate? If he were to run do you expect a fight from the dhimmis? Or the conservatives?

I wasn't clear about other factors; what I was referring to were questions about how old Mrs. Cruz was when Ted was born and how much time she'd spent in the US previous to his birth.  These are points raised when Obongo's eligibility is discussed.

About the fight, who the hell knows, 'Soup.  I wouldn't bet the dhimmis wouldn't peck a fight over it; their only standard is whatever they can use against the right, regardless of whether they've done it or not.  As for the conservatives, again, who knows; you see even we here don't agree on it.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 01:37:56 PM »

If she was a resident of Canada and not in our military and his father was a Canadian resident,he's out like it or not.If she was there temporarily and not a Canadian resident he's in!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 01:48:42 PM »

Thus sprach JF.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 02:47:16 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 07:06:37 PM »
Seriously, who the hell cares. It's not like our Constitution is followed today. I'm sure some clause could be used to find him eligible....maybe they could use the commerce clause again.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »

Was she a resident of Canada or not is the question.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 09:34:52 PM »
Seriously, who the hell cares. It's not like our Constitution is followed today. I'm sure some clause could be used to find him eligible....maybe they could use the commerce clause again.
Now that was funny no matter who you are.
Tbe only way to correct.this mess is for today next guy to immediately have this asseipe arrested and jailed...declared a usurper and procede to set everything right. I"d gladly do this and much more.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.