Author Topic: Senate passes internet sales tax bill amid opposition from conservatives  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Good points G.  

This is not nor was it ever about "fairness" it is about carrying water for your cronies...if it was really about "fairness" there wouldn't be a democrat in office anywhere in the entire nation, because it is they who totally thrive on division and misery.

And how fair is it that people can buy gas and other stuff in a neighboring state but not a gun of any kind?  Is gasoline any less dangerous or in demand?  If government edicts made sense all the parasitical bureaucrats and cronies would be out on their ass!

And I really would like to see SOMEBODY on our so-called side argue that political repesentation point..."no taxation without representation" was a cause for war during our founding, it should be reasserted now!

The suggestion to tax only in the state the seller dwells in makes sense and would suck the wind out of the fairness faeries...but its prosepects are dim...which might not be all bad...I think no change makes the most sense for me as a consumer, for me the patriot wanting to shake the trees perhaps it is best the libiots and AINOs cram this through...time to gettin' to the rat-killin'!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va) announced that his committee will not take up the Senate-passed tax on Internet sales.

via http://go.alpha.mailsquadron.com/l/a/l9i/mr/rfka/6g/h1oa/trouble.htm
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
There is still sneak-in's to appropriation bills that get quid pro quo treatment in reconciliation...we are a long way from not being effed over...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.