Author Topic: Does anybody remember?  (Read 3382 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Does anybody remember?
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:06:11 AM »
 I noticed a name a couple of days ago as new people joining the the board and it is  afishaday am I the only one that seems to remember that name?I just don't remember if it was at Power Line or CT.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Re: Does anybody remember?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »

I remember the name, afishaday, pretty sure it was at CT and maybe PL also, never says much though.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:26:13 AM »
Fishaday was for sure at AIF, and IIRC, actually posted a few times. Don't remember if he was at CT. I think he might have come over from one of my fishing forums, like predator don, reelman, and alan s.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 11:22:14 AM »

Yeah, with this better weather they must be fishing otherwise they'd be here.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »

Yeah, with this better weather they must be fishing otherwise they'd be here.

If it wasn't so damned windy here I would be out there wetting a line or to myself.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »
Fishaday was for sure at AIF, and IIRC, actually posted a few times. Don't remember if he was at CT. I think he might have come over from one of my fishing forums, like predator don, reelman, and alan s.

I stink at abreviations, I may have been at a few of those places. Please explain! ::foilhathelicopter::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »

I stink at abreviations, I may have been at a few of those places. Please explain! ::foilhathelicopter::

It wasn't "AIF", it was IAF, which stands for "It's About Freedom", our previous forum, the server-host of which asked us to leave.  CT stands for "Conservative Talk", the forum we were at before that.  There was a disagreement about TONE, as in, "Don't use that TONE, it gives the opposition ammunition" ::snort:: so IronDioPriest, otherwise known 'round here as IDP, started IAF and we booked over there.

Follow that? or clear as mud?

As you can see, we've had our share of travails trying to find a good place to light.  Hopefully, this place is IT.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"