Author Topic: New Vikings Stadium to be built upon the former resting place of the Dumpty Dome  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_23235098/vikings-verge-unveiling-final-stadium-design

This thing looks totally gaytarded!

Looks like the Walker Art Center Effect vomited forth this hideous alien creation!

::hysterical::

In other news...

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_23238653/brian-urlacher-leaning-toward-vikings-chicago-report-says

"The question is how much the 13-year veteran has left in the tank."

Little to nothing would be my guess, so...pass!  (Go back to DTV commercials Brian!)

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
The welfare recipients of Minnesota seem pretty excited...

::)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I heard somebody on the radio describe the thing as looking like the Jawa sandcrawler in Star Wars!   ::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Offline Magnum

Since we were forced to build the Vikes a stadium, I wanted an open air stadium in the worst way or at least a retractable roof. Forget this piece of junk, as Libertas says it looks gaytarded.

I remember in the good old days when we still had the old Met sitting outdoors in my snowmobile suit, in the cold and snow. Watching football as it is meant to be played. OUTDOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My aunt and uncle had seasons tickets and when I would go with them there were a group of guys in their row always passing down their thermos of coffee and whiskey, schnapps or what ever else they felt lead to enjoy for the game. It was just a great group of people and everyone had a blast together. When the Vikes went to the dome it changed greatly. I bleed purple and gold but at the dome it was a different crowd, different atmosphere. For me it wasn't the same and haven't been back to a game in many years.

When Ziggy bought the team he expressed that he would like an outdoor stadium. The lefties had a s%$tfit, and he backed down. The lefties even can wreck ones enjoyment in sports.........

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:37:00 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yup, the days of the Purple People Eaters and beating the daylights out of those soft warm-weather teams in the sub-zero are gone for good.  At least the Gophers play outside again and on campus, they did it right, they might have messed up other stuff but that part they got right.  What the lefties started will be finished by the league itself...this whole concussion thing and player safety stuff is going to turn the sport into something little better than pre-scripted pro wrestling style operatic extravaganzas within a decade.  The golden goose will kill itself and we'll be stuck with the bill and this gaytarded building.  Choke on it Minneapolis, suck what you can out of it while you can, it'll all be squat soon enough.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Heh.  My aunt and uncle also had season tickets...except I was a little kid in Iowa then.  I did get to partake in, I think, '84 for a game on their dime, but by then it was in the dome.