Author Topic: Government salt intake guidelines useless, may even be dangerous  (Read 1180 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
...  the 1500-mg level long championed by policymakers is not just wrong, but so low as to potentially cause health problems.

Unh hunh -- vindicated!

Now, if they stopped pushing the high carb/low fat bullsht -- dietary fat is GOOD for you -- we'd all be better off.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Government salt intake guidelines useless, may even be dangerous
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:41:23 AM »
IIRC doesn't fat (some, maybe not all types) help the body break down other things that if not broken down pose risks?

Yet more proof that the libiot agenda is ALL about POWER & CONTROL, whatever fits that meme must be shoved down the throats of the sheeple!

Well past time for sheep to grow a set and turn on the wolves!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 09:32:57 PM »
...  the 1500-mg level long championed by policymakers is not just wrong, but so low as to potentially cause health problems.

Unh hunh -- vindicated!

Now, if they stopped pushing the high carb/low fat bullsht -- dietary fat is GOOD for you -- we'd all be better off.
I'm finding this stuff out concerning my dog. Thus far, I'm come to know that the dog has rejected bagged dog food no matter the grade or brand. Digestive tract doesn't like it. They're all quacks. DOgs are carnivores that prefer meat and bone, raw. For five years I've given him what the vet says will make him better and it only irritated him further. Went from a massive muscular 85 LBS. to a little over 65 LBS.
Stupid f**ks, this really pisses me off.

Back to the subject at hand... these asshats look through the microscope without ever wanting to understand just how thing really work much like climatology, one thing seems to push the imagination CO2 as the demon.  ::bashing::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 10:55:06 AM »
...  the 1500-mg level long championed by policymakers is not just wrong, but so low as to potentially cause health problems.

Unh hunh -- vindicated!

I'm finding this stuff out concerning my dog. Thus far, I'm come to know that the dog has rejected bagged dog food no matter the grade or brand. Digestive tract doesn't like it. They're all quacks. DOgs are carnivores that prefer meat and bone, raw. For five years I've given him what the vet says will make him better and it only irritated him further. Went from a massive muscular 85 LBS. to a little over 65 LBS.
Stupid f**ks, this really pisses me off.

The two dedicated, knowledgeable dog-owners I know (poodles and Borzois) feed all their dogs lots of chicken mixed with a little rice and sometimes a few green beans.  The dogs thrive on it; dogs do not do well on cereal and neither do people.

The Vet that treats my cat usually recommends some vegetable or other for what ails him -- "give him yams for the hairballs".  Yams.  He has not ever, nor will he probably, eat any damn yams.

Back to the subject at hand... these asshats look through the microscope without ever wanting to understand just how thing really work much like climatology, one thing seems to push the imagination CO2 as the demon.  ::bashing::

The "experts" and the do-gooders have been screaming about the "obesity epidemic" and the increases of diabetes and heart/cholesterol cases yet few can see the connection between these ills and the really bad dietary advice they've been pushing at us.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 12:09:25 PM »
I've always been irritated that so much dog food is composed of stuff like corn and wheat flour. When have you ever seen any species of canine grazing in a field? They are carnivores. Recent genetic studies have proved that the domestic dog is not merely a close relative of the wolf, but in fact is a wolf, albeit a subspecies brought about through controlled breeding. Canis familiaris is now Canis lupus familiaris. And if you've ever watched nature documentaries about wolves, they are all about being carnivores.

Cats are even more meat-dependent. I don't know how anyone could get a cat to eat vegetable matter. They don't even have the ability to taste sweetness, because duh they're meat eaters.

I think this is why so many people have found success in the so-called Cave Man Diet. Primitive man ate meat and unrefined plant matter like fruits and berries.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly