Author Topic: Perhaps One Of The Best Gun Rants Ever  (Read 1689 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Perhaps One Of The Best Gun Rants Ever
« on: May 06, 2013, 11:24:14 AM »
LINK

It's long. Very long. But it's pretty good. It puts every pro gun argument in one place and and arranges them in a coherent and easy to read format.

It ends like this:

I do not want to live through a war in my own backyard. I do not want our children to grow up in such an America, either. So anti-gunners: Please stop, I beg you. See the writing on the wall before it’s too late. 

Yes, there is a terrible crime problem, and yes, that problem sometimes involves guns — but it is the perpetrator that is the problem, not the instrument. Yes, there is a great divide between liberals and conservatives on the issue of guns. And while I will be the very first person to criticize the Republican Party on its many and frequent mistakes, and even stand with my democratic friends in my disfavor of those things, on the gun issue it is not the conservatives who are mostly in the wrong this time.

We want the crime and killings to stop as much as you do, so to my fellow citizens who are anti-gun I say: So long as you deny our humanity, so long as you malign our dignity, intelligence and wisdom, so long as you seek to shade us under a cloud of evil that we do not partake in or support, so long as you tell us that because we own guns we are terrible people, you will prove yourselves absolutely right in that we won’t come to the table to talk with you.

And there will be no hope for resolution but through victory by force initiated by one side or the other, God help us, for we will not plow for those who didn’t beat their swords into plowshares.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:28:14 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Perhaps One Of The Best Gun Rants Ever
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
I actually disagree with the last sentence in the piece. It equates to the old liberal maxim, "Violence never solves anything."

Point in fact, violence almost always (and especially in armed conflicts) puts an end to any particular argument. When someone wins a war that's pretty much the end of the discussion. The winners writes the history books and the losers are dead.

Other than that one last line, though, good piece.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »

"God help us, for we will not plow for those who didn’t beat their swords into plowshares."

Could he be saying, we will have no mercy on survivors?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:40:40 PM »
I actually disagree with the last sentence in the piece. It equates to the old liberal maxim, "Violence never solves anything."

Point in fact, violence almost always (and especially in armed conflicts) puts an end to any particular argument. When someone wins a war that's pretty much the end of the discussion. The winners writes the history books and the losers are dead.

Other than that one last line, though, good piece.

And there will be no hope for resolution but through victory by force initiated by one side or the other, God help us, for we will not plow for those who didn’t beat their swords into plowshares.

I didn't read it that way at all, trap.  He's saying there will be fighting (and, yes, God help us) because he/we will not be enslaved, as I see it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 12:55:16 PM »

I didn't read it that way at all, trap.  He's saying there will be fighting (and, yes, God help us) because he/we will not be enslaved, as I see it.

You anti-gunners out there will lead us down a path you do not want to go down. Your lack of care and understanding of those who abide by America’s oldest and deepest-rooted tradition will cause a social rift in this country of the likes we have never seen in America’s young history. Your lack of understanding chances causing a civil war — a civil war that will be far worse, more acrimonious, more prolonged and more deadly than the last one.
Anti-gunners may think the military could prevent such a thing — an argument often used against us pro-gunners — but with only a few million people in the military, and with the United States containing 300 million citizens spread across nearly four million square miles, many of whom are themselves veterans, well, military occupation of this country is impossible. It doesn’t help that most street cops (opposed to their politician bosses) are pro-gun, too. And what happens when the civilian industries that support the military stop producing the supplies our military needs?
The rift is already beginning. We must mend fences...Now.
Sleeping dragons and terrible resolve
I do not want to live through a war in my own backyard. I do not want our children to grow up in such an America, either. So anti-gunners: Please stop, I beg you. See the writing on the wall before it’s too late.  

Yeah, in context that is what it says. But  Its already too late.  F' them all.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »
Agreed, there is no avoiding the reality, the agents of tyranny know this, it is why the Feds are arming up.  The time for choosing a side has arrived, there is no sitting out, no escape.  Choose wisely.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 09:53:35 PM »
It's a;ready to late. The Constitution has been violated numerous times to the nth power mostly by the progressives(basically from both parties as they all suck equally). We've only have to watch it as in slow motion from a fall from a ladder it will be as we watch in agony. The economy is propped up by fraud, the market is traded by fraud, the government is occupied by fraud therefore it will crash to the ground and nothing anyone says or does can stop it. Stock up fro the festivities and choose your side.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
I'm not interested in mending fences with the Left. I'm more interested in sticking their heads on the fence posts.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »
Same here! ::guillotine::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 07:14:27 AM »
Let's all go Vlad on 'em. ::whoohoo::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 07:23:22 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 07:26:30 AM »
Let's go Vlading now

Everybodys learning how

Come on and Vlad with me

::whoohoo::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
Let's go Vlading now

Everybodys learning how

Come on and Vlad with me

Dammit. Now I have coffee on my keyboard!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »
Let's go Vlading now

Everybodys learning how

Come on and Vlad with me

Dammit. Now I have coffee on my keyboard!

I owed somebody!  Maybe not you...but...sorry!

;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 09:30:48 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/05/caught-on-tape-nj-senators-on-guns-confiscate-confiscate-confiscate-video/

CONFISCATION! NJ Senators CAUGHT Mocking Gun Owners Committee Meeting May 9, 2013

“We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate.”

“They [gun owners] want to keep the guns out of the hands of the bad guys, but they don’t have any regulations to do it.”

“They don’t care about the bad guys. All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them.”

“That’s the line they’ve developed.”

Wait until the 15 second mark to turn up the volume otherwise it's very loud, but, yup, that's what they said.

So, nooooooooo, noooooooobody wants to confiscate your guns, you buncha paranoids.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »
Evil treasonous trash, should be masses of people storming their offices demanding these anti-constitutionalists resign immediately or face the wrath of liberty-loving citizens!

Offline RoadsToLiberty

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:16 PM »
In light of the mother's day even, as blogger Chris Smith points out, we should be clinging ever tighter. That's definitely a harsh rant but the public sentiment is there. Chris Smith makes some cogent points here in his blog post: http://roadstoliberty.com/our-rights-under-fire-fallout-from-new-orleans/

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 12:21:30 AM »
Umm...well, welcome, I guess, to the forum, Chris.

I hate to be a pain in the ass or anything but proper etiquette would have been to introduce yourself and perhaps ask if you could link to your blog before posting this.

Personally, I don't have a problem with you promoting your blog BUT...that said, you will have to actually participate here on a regular basis if you want to do that. And that's because that's what we do here, we discuss sh*t. We bring up topics and we talk about them as anyone would amongst friends. If you aren't interested in being part of this group in that capacity then you may as well cancel your account and move on. But if you are then you are welcome to hang around.

Do let us know.

Thanks.

PS: Forum moderator trap believes that it is generally pretty silly to refer to oneself in third person when posting. Forum moderator trap makes this cogent point right here in this comment.

PPS: It is also considered to be sort of good manners and all to include this forum on your "links" page as a sort of quid pro quo for linking your blog here. Just sayin'
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 12:33:02 AM by trapeze »