Author Topic: The talking Centipede  (Read 1339 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
The talking Centipede
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:14:56 PM »
The Talking Centipede     

A
single guy decided life would be more fun
if
he had a pet.

So he
went to the pet store
and
told the owner
that
he wanted to buy an unusual pet.

After
some discussion,
he
finally bought a talking centipede,
(100-legged
bug),
which
came in a little white box
to
use for his house.

He
took the box back home,
found
a good spot for the box,
and
decided he would start off
by
taking his new pet
to
church with him.

So he
asked the centipede in the box,   
"Would
you like to go
to
church with me today?
We
will have a good time."

But
there was no answer
from
his new pet.

This
bothered him a bit,
but
he waited a few minutes
and
then asked again,   
"How about
going
to
church with me
and
receive blessings?"

But
again,
there
was no answer
from
his new friend and pet.
So
he waited
a
few minutes more,
thinking
about the situation.

The
guy decided 
to
invite the centipede
one
last time.

This
time
he
put his face up against
the
centipede's house and shouted,   
"Hey, in
there!
Would
you like to go 
to
church with me
and
learn about God?"

This
time,
A
little voice
came
out of the box, 
"I
heard you the first F****** time!

I'm putting my shoes on!"

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The talking Centipede
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
 ::thumbsup::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:21:04 PM »
 ::laughonfloor::

/I f*cking h*te centipedes, but that was good.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »
I f*cking h*te centipedes...

Dude, I have a completely unnatural fear of those freakish beasts. I seriously screamed like a girl once. The basement of our old home flooded, ruining my record collection (no great loss, I had already moved on to cassettes by that time  ::thumbsup::). They were stored on end, in a box. After the water damage, I set the box on the garage floor for a few days and forgot about it, as we had other more pressing water-related issues to deal with.

Well, a few days later I went to the garage and remembered the soggy box with the records, and made the spot decision to chuck them all in the trash, as I had lost my use for them before the flood anyway, and they were just taking up space. I picked it up from underneath because the cardboard was weakened and wet. When I stood up with the box, and looked at the wet rectangle left by it on the floor, there were about 25 centipedes suddenly scrambling for cover. I dropped the box immediately and screamed, jumped back and realized that there were centipedes on my hands, brushing them off my hands as quickly as possible (I'm shuddering in revulsion even as I type this) I looked down and saw a couple on the legs of my jeans, and started dancing around, swatting at them too.

Once I was relatively assured that I had no more centipedes on my body, I timidly walked back to where I dropped the box and the wet spot where the box had been sitting. Several of them had disappeared, many were nestled into the crack against the garage wall, many were still writhing in the puddle of water, and others were still crawling out from under the box.

Suddenly overcome with nausea, I ran out of the garage and vomited in the grass. Then I went and got wasp killer and sprayed them all down until the can was gone. Then I got a can of "OFF", a lighter, and proceeded to use the flaming aerosol to curl them into little crisps.

After all the moisture was evaporated, Mrs. IDP swept them up.
 ::unknowncomic::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:00:50 PM »
That would be me and spiders, IDP.

Several years ago we had a bumper crop of centipedes all over the county; they swarmed all over the outside of houses and in the crawlspaces and, inevitably, got inside too.  I flipped on the livingroom light one evening to find 7-8 on the carpet, and we kept finding them inside until the "season" was over.  Stinkin' cats were good-fer-nuthin', either, after they ate the first couple.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 03:07:08 PM »
Luxury.

I get them inside the house all the frickin' time, in every frickin' room.  Winter has become my favorite season, seriously.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie