Author Topic: This is just so disturbing...  (Read 813 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
This is just so disturbing...
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/27/newborn-found-alive-in-sewage-pipe-rescued-by-firefighters/

Cannot even imagine who could leave a child in such a way...just...cannot!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: This is just so disturbing...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:14:59 PM »
I can say from experience that expectant mothers in China who are pregnant outside the allowable one-child, or the cultural demand for sons, have no options but suffer persecution from government or family. The result is fear, and any desperate decisions that come from it.

It seems completely irrational, but for these particular women or girls, the most rational decision (once pregnancy occurs) is to abandon the baby. If the government says you must pay an unpayable fine, and your family says you will be ostracized, desperation will compel what is unthinkable to those of us not faced with the same circumstances.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:49:52 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: This is just so disturbing...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:36:02 PM »
It's evil, by any standard.  If the God-hating Commies would allow more missionaries, perhaps more souls could be saved and put up for adoption outside that wretched nation.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.