Author Topic: New Category Needed - Obama Regime Scandals  (Read 1640 times)

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
New Category Needed - Obama Regime Scandals
« on: May 24, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »
This outstanding article, the best summation of the IRS scandal, written by Peggy Noonan, is a must read, but be forewarned that it will make you very angry. This from the article:

But the most important IRS story came not from the hearings but from Mike Huckabee's program on Fox News Channel. He interviewed and told the story of Catherine Engelbrecht—a nice woman, a citizen, an American. She and her husband live in Richmond, Texas. They have a small manufacturing business. In the past few years she became interested in public policy and founded two groups, King Street Patriots and True the Vote.

In July 2010 she sent applications to the IRS for tax-exempt status. What followed was not the harassment, intrusiveness and delay we're now used to hearing of. The U.S. government came down on her with full force.

In December 2010 the FBI came to ask about a person who'd attended a King Street Patriots function. In January 2011 the FBI had more questions. The same month the IRS audited her business tax returns. In May 2011 the FBI called again for a general inquiry about King Street Patriots. In June 2011 Engelbrecht's personal tax returns were audited and the FBI called again. In October 2011 a round of questions on True the Vote. In November 2011 another call from the FBI. The next month, more questions from the FBI. In February 2012 a third round of IRS questions on True the Vote. In February 2012 a first round of questions on King Street Patriots. The same month the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms did an unscheduled audit of her business. (It had a license to make firearms but didn't make them.) In July 2012 the Occupational Safety and Health Administration did an unscheduled audit. In November 2012 more IRS questions on True the Vote. In March 2013, more questions. In April 2013 a second ATF audit.

All this because she requested tax-exempt status for a local conservative group and for one that registers voters and tries to get dead people off the rolls. Her attorney, Cleta Mitchell, who provided the timeline above, told me: "These people, they are just regular Americans. They try to get dead people off the voter rolls, you would think that they are serial killers."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323475304578501581991103070.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_opinion
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:43:04 AM by trapeze »
"When victimization is your empowerment, recovery is the enemy."
... Tammy Bruce, from "The Death of Right and Wrong"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: New Category Needed - Obama Regime Scandals
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:41:47 PM »
Lately this whole damned forum is a chronicle of Obama regime scandals. A new category would practically drain the rest of the forum of content!

But yeah. Scandal. Regime. Grrrrr.

::overkill::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »
A new category would practically drain the rest of the forum of content!

Just about.  Can't even exclude Food and Cooking, thanks to the Wookie.

gumshoe, we here are keeping up with what's going on, believe me; threads are begun in the most applicable section -- sometimes it's "Politics", sometimes it's in "Radical islam", sometimes in "General", lately we've been adding to the "Media" (malfeasance) section.  Many of threads have lots of pages as we update w/current events.

Best thing to do is keep the thread title concise and relevant and if we need merging or separating, we'll see to it.

eta:  I try to avoid the anal-retentive version of over-organizing things.

Suggestions are always appreciated, though, so keep that in mind and thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:35:01 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 12:25:26 AM »
Yeah I had suggested a "Circling the Drain" category for subjects that are particularly indicative of this civilization's rapid descent by every possible measure. But then we realized that too could account for practically everything discussed here. We're subject to a rapid fire assault of depravity on an hourly basis now that the fundamental transformation is underway.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 12:42:28 AM »
My irreverence and tongue and cheek humor in posting that title was obviously not interpreted as I hoped and of course when that happens, the author is obviously to blame.  Though I wrote that title only half seriously, the scandals piling up for Emperor Barack II, Master of the Universe are getting out of hand and I am having trouble even deciphering which scandal is the most serious danger to our republic.  One day I think it is Fast & Furious and another day I think it is the IRS scandal. 

One point regarding the IRS scandal that is worth noting is that the FBI has become a nest of jack booted thugs working in behalf of this Banana Republic tyrant.  The FBI agents seem to have forgotten their oath to defend the Constitution and that is truly sad indeed.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 12:49:28 AM »
One point regarding the IRS scandal that is worth noting is that the FBI has become a nest of jack booted thugs working in behalf of this Banana Republic tyrant.  The FBI agents seem to have forgotten their oath to defend the Constitution and that is truly sad indeed.

They have had it explained to them that they must understand on which side the bread is buttered and have lined up accordingly.

The bottom line is that they are, like IRS agents and everyone else who make up the federal government, civil servants and their patrons are Democrats. It really is that simple. The difference between then and now is that we have a president who politicizes everything and who does not have any respect for the rule of law nor any sense of decency. It is said that he does not lead but that is untrue. He has been leading and this is the result.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 01:01:00 AM »
My irreverence and tongue and cheek humor in posting that title was obviously not interpreted as I hoped and of course when that happens, the author is obviously to blame.  Though I wrote that title only half seriously, the scandals piling up for Emperor Barack II, Master of the Universe are getting out of hand and I am having trouble even deciphering which scandal is the most serious danger to our republic.  One day I think it is Fast & Furious and another day I think it is the IRS scandal.  

One point regarding the IRS scandal that is worth noting is that the FBI has become a nest of jack booted thugs working in behalf of this Banana Republic tyrant.  The FBI agents seem to have forgotten their oath to defend the Constitution and that is truly sad indeed.

Excuse us for not seeing clearly your attempts at wit.  We are obviously in the habit of taking much of everything too seriously, as in, words mean something, although there is hardly these days, a meaning agreed upon.

Many jack-booted thugs of the Fed, and thereon down the chain.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 02:41:21 AM »
My irreverence and tongue and cheek humor in posting that title was obviously not interpreted as I hoped and of course when that happens, the author is obviously to blame.  Though I wrote that title only half seriously, the scandals piling up for Emperor Barack II, Master of the Universe are getting out of hand and I am having trouble even deciphering which scandal is the most serious danger to our republic.  One day I think it is Fast & Furious and another day I think it is the IRS scandal. 

I saw no irreverence at all. I just mistakenly took your title suggestion seriously is all. We have category requests from time to time. It's not unusual, which is why I took the request seriously. To be clear, you are free to suggest any and all improvements that come into your mind. Good suggestions make the forum better. Re; new category suggestions, some we implement, most we don't. I've found that just about anything we discuss is covered in a category that exists. That said, our cooking category and our history category are two examples of categories that were implemented after member suggestion.

Back on topic: the greatest danger I see now that the IRS scandal is full-blown and widely known is that if this piece of scat that occupies our Oval Office comes through this unscathed, the IRS will henceforth likewise operate in this fashion without consequence.

Heads MUST roll at more than just the IRS, or the IRS itself will never be held to account. IRS leadership cannot be allowed to serve as scapegoat with the belief that such sacrificial lambs will cleanse the IRS and make it non-partisan. The clump of cells in our White House must be made to pay, or the IRS will become ensconced as a political weapon.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 05:17:00 AM »
Heads MUST roll at more than just the IRS, or the IRS itself will never be held to account. IRS leadership cannot be allowed to serve as scapegoat with the belief that such sacrificial lambs will cleanse the IRS and make it non-partisan. The clump of cells in our White House must be made to pay, or the IRS will become ensconced as a political weapon.

How about the FBI, ATF, and OSHA that hassled Ms. Engelbrecht? Don't give them a free pass.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »

How about the FBI, ATF, and OSHA that hassled Ms. Engelbrecht? Don't give them a free pass.

No doubt. All these agencies and more have the potential to be used as selective politicized weapons against the American people. The tide has already begun to turn in that direction. Grim times.

We need the usurper's head on a pike. That's the bottom line.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »
There is a little bit from all of you that I can concur with.  Certainly Alan is correct that ATF, FBI, OSHA, IRS, DoJ and other agencies of the federal government need to face consequences for their misdeeds, but unless consequences are also placed upon the White House, the message sent will only be superficial as IronDioPriest suggests.  Trapeze suggests that FBI agents have sold their ethics for a paycheck.  That was precisely my point that we have few in federal law enforcement service who truly honor the oath they swore to uphold.  This is not the greatest generation we are seeing in government service today... at all levels of government.

The one point I would vehemently disagree with is the comment by IronDioPriest:  "IRS leadership cannot be allowed to serve as scapegoat with the belief that such sacrificial lambs will cleanse the IRS and make it non-partisan."  There is no such thing as "non-partisan."  One does not flush their beliefs and biases simply because they serve in a post that is not supposed to have biases.  Your local Mayor or sheriff who serves in a "non-partisan" position still have their opinions intact.  All non-partisan service does is to help obscure & obfuscate a candidate's true beliefs.  The same is true at the IRS.  Though people within that agency are expected to administer the tax laws in an impartial manner, we all know that people act out their own personal biases.  This is especially true when they work in an administration where ethical standards have been fuzzy at best.  The message of low ethical standards resonates throughout the administration.  We are seeing today just how low ethical standards can plunge.  One only need see the repeated perjured testimony under oath by our number one law enforcement officer.

Eric Holder Has No Idea
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:58:33 AM by gumshoe009 »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 11:14:16 PM »

May I suggest a first and second tier gallows.
The first tier set higher and behind the second or
lower tier, such as is done with graduation photos.
This will also facilitate identification of the convicted
by the multitude of citizens who will gather to witness.

The question is, should they all be hanged at once, or one
tier then the other.  That begs the question should the lower
observe the upper be hanged or vice versa? Otherwise they may
be hanged one at time, the lesser going first and the greater going
last after witnessing his subordinates and pondering his fate all the
while.  The coward.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 05:19:31 AM »

May I suggest a first and second tier gallows.
The first tier set higher and behind the second or
lower tier, such as is done with graduation photos.
This will also facilitate identification of the convicted
by the multitude of citizens who will gather to witness.

The question is, should they all be hanged at once, or one
tier then the other.  That begs the question should the lower
observe the upper be hanged or vice versa? Otherwise they may
be hanged one at time, the lesser going first and the greater going
last after witnessing his subordinates and pondering his fate all the
while.  The coward.

I'm for this. The highest has to see and anticipate his fate within a very short period of time. No hoods for the top guys and gals. We need closure and the country needs to know this will never be tolerated again especially from this bunch and I don't mean just the ones in control now. We need to get them all from Bill Ayers and his merry band right through the scumbags like Soros and his family(no they're not immune because they're his children. I wnat them all to suffer a traitor's death.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 12:27:16 PM »
...The one point I would vehemently disagree with is the comment by IronDioPriest:  "IRS leadership cannot be allowed to serve as scapegoat with the belief that such sacrificial lambs will cleanse the IRS and make it non-partisan."  There is no such thing as "non-partisan."  One does not flush their beliefs and biases simply because they serve in a post that is not supposed to have biases.  Your local Mayor or sheriff who serves in a "non-partisan" position still have their opinions intact.  All non-partisan service does is to help obscure & obfuscate a candidate's true beliefs.  The same is true at the IRS.  Though people within that agency are expected to administer the tax laws in an impartial manner, we all know that people act out their own personal biases.  This is especially true when they work in an administration where ethical standards have been fuzzy at best.  The message of low ethical standards resonates throughout the administration.  We are seeing today just how low ethical standards can plunge.  One only need see the repeated perjured testimony under oath by our number one law enforcement officer.

Eric Holder Has No Idea

Not too sure what you're vehemently disagreeing with. I'm saying that purging the IRS of scapegoats will not make the agency non-partisan. You're saying there's no such thing as non-partisan. At worst our points are complimentary, not opposed.

I'm not saying we can make the IRS or any other agency non-partisan. I'm saying that we cannot allow ourselves to be pacified by a symbolic purging of partisans. The culprits are not just the ideologues at the IRS. The real culprits are the heads of the hydra who give tacit or illicit permission for these ideologues to manifest their wish-list of persecution.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:44:13 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline gumshoe009

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
I agree IronDioPriest.  You would have been far clearer in your intent had you added the following words to that sentence:  "make it non-partisan, of which we know being non-partisan is impossible."

And regarding Warpmine's proposal.  That seems to be fanciful, though many would rejoice at such a plan.  A more realistic approach I would think is a form of Argentinian hit squad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 10:06:35 PM »
I agree IronDioPriest.  You would have been far clearer in your intent had you added the following words to that sentence:  "make it non-partisan, of which we know being non-partisan is impossible."

And regarding Warpmine's proposal.  That seems to be fanciful, though many would rejoice at such a plan.  A more realistic approach I would think is a form of Argentinian hit squad.
I don't speak Spanish and I don't know anymore Argentinians.

That seems to be fanciful, though many would rejoice at such a plan. 
It gets me by some pretty awful news cycles and I've given up on science fiction of such fantastic ideas. ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 01:06:55 PM »
The only way to end this is not just by cutting the head off the snake, replace the Regime and another one will only take its place...do we expect President Hillary Clinton to be any better?...the heads of all the little snakes must be cut off...their lairs burned out...

End the IRS by simplifying the tax code, end all parasitical activity and adopt a flat tax, throw 99% of those snakes out...pass legislation banning departments from writing their own rules (that is the job of congress!) and for agencies lobbying lawmakers for their own enrichment...abolish whole departments and any legislation attempting to delegate congressional authority should be null and void - that means ObamaCare tax/penalty cannot be the province of the IRS.

But alas, that all has about as much chance of happening as me roping a unicorn!

The script is laser-inscribed on diamonds...this will all end in blood.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »

Yes, this is our last best opportunity and our
least best people to take advantage of it.  ::sigh::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 08:16:44 AM »
Peggy Noonan...

One of those who thought s**t coming out of Chicago could smell like a rose, if packaged prettily enough.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 11:31:37 AM »
Peggy Noonan...

One of those who thought s**t coming out of Chicago could smell like a rose, if packaged prettily enough.

Old Yeller was a heck of a dog...until he got diseased...time for Peggy to visit the shed...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.