Author Topic: MD gun laws  (Read 1550 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
MD gun laws
« on: May 28, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »
Well, buying a gun in the People's Republic is becoming frugal because of the exhaustive paper work the state has put upon the people that wish to own one. Like NY, the hoops and hurdles one has to athletically go through is ridiculous. The waiting period is seven to eight weeks thanks to new laws and no increase in paper pushers charged with it. 500 applications use to be the norm for an entire month and now it has ballooned to 500 per week.

So happy, I don't reside in that chitHOLE. ::newyear::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: MD gun laws
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »
Me too.

I expect most MD'ers don't want a gun.  Those who do and who tire of the hoop-jumping will go around the law, acknowledge themselves made criminals (mission accomplished, government) and decide to take the risk.  Kind of neat, really, how governments arrange circumstances so the target population, 2A advocates in this case, has to go outlaw in order to exercise their rights.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »
All the idiot governor is doing is giving people one more reason to move out of that state. This is the same jerk that made millionaires move out and then taxes rainwater and now this.How much can people take.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
Maybe I was being too optimistic to give Beretta credit for leaving Maryland.  This official statement seems to leave too many things open ended:

http://blog.berettausa.com/bid/292160/Response-to-Gov-O-Malley-s-signature-of-SB281-Your-Gun-Rights

So it sounds like "we think this is a crappy law, but we'll probably stay".  I get that they have certain commitments they must honor, regarding deliveries to the Dept. of Defense, that would make it impossible for them to up and move in dramatic fashion. But I hope they're not just slinking away from this entirely.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:11:13 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 04:45:15 PM »
Was it Barreta that got like 80 million bucks to stay put? No, nix that - I think it was someone in New York state.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »

Obama says, So, Mr. Beretta, you move your operation from the state of power to North Carolina, home of the new Boeing plant and you expect me to renew your contract?  Talk to Barzoni.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »

Obama says, So, Mr. Beretta, you move your operation from the state of power to North Carolina, home of the new Boeing plant and you expect me to renew your contract?  Talk to Barzoni.

(It was South Carolina), but point taken.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »

Who's Barzoni?
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »

"Barzini will move against you first. He'll set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust -- guaranteeing your safety. And at that meeting, you'll be assassinated."
                                   _Vito Corleone to Michael Corleone

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »

"Barzini will move against you first. He'll set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust -- guaranteeing your safety. And at that meeting, you'll be assassinated."

Him I know. ::curtsy4::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »

Him I know. ::curtsy4::

Yup.  It's been past time to go to the mattresses.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »
Like the move by this Kipke fellow though.   ::thumbsup::

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=187600

FU gun-grabbing libiots! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 02:06:08 AM »
Beretta USA announced it is moving all manufacturing to their new Tennessee factory, expected to come online mid-2015.  Originally the Tennessee facility was to be for R&D and new product lines only, but just as Remington decided to go ahead and move their whole operation to their new Alabama factory, Beretta likewise decided to just move the whole shebang. They specifically blame Maryland gun laws for it.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/07/beretta-moving-all-of-its-u-smanufacturing-to-new.html?page=all

The Italian firearms manufacturer initially planned to use its new $45 million Gallatin facility only for the production of new products and research and development. In a statement, Jeff Cooper, the general manager for Beretta USA, expressed concerns over gun legislation in Maryland that led to company to pick a location outside of the state for its new manufacturing plant.

“During the legislative session in Maryland that resulted in passage of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, the version of the statute that passed the Maryland Senate would have prohibited Beretta U.S.A. from being able to manufacture, store or even import into the state products that we sell to customers throughout the United States and around the world," Cooper said in today's news release.

“While we had originally planned to use the Tennessee facility for new equipment and for production of new product lines only, we have decided that it is more prudent from the point of view of our future welfare to move the Maryland production lines in their entirety to the new Tennessee facility,” Cooper said.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 06:54:20 AM »
Yeah, Maryland can rot and die for all we care, anybody else not of a suicidal bent should likewise exit that sh*thole post haste!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 10:13:08 AM »
Was it Barreta that got like 80 million bucks to stay put? No, nix that - I think it was someone in New York state.

Barreta is moving after all:They've had enough

http://www.newsmax.com/US/beretta-gun-manufacturer-moves/2014/07/22/id/584269/
 Filippo Mazzie