Author Topic: To The Horror Of Global Warming Alarmists, Global Cooling Is Here  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
H/T: Small Dead Animals

Uh oh!  More wheels coming off the Global Warming bandwagon.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013/05/26/to-the-horror-of-global-warming-alarmists-global-cooling-is-here/

At first the current stall out of global warming was due to the ocean cycles turning back to cold. But something much more ominous has developed over this period. Sunspots run in 11 year short term cycles, with longer cyclical trends of 90 and even 200 years. The number of sunspots declined substantially in the last 11 year cycle, after flattening out over the previous 20 years. But in the current cycle, sunspot activity has collapsed. NASA’s Science News report for January 8, 2013 states,

“Indeed, the sun could be on the threshold of a mini-Maunder event right now. Ongoing Solar Cycle 24 [the current short term 11 year cycle] is the weakest in more than 50 years. Moreover, there is (controversial) evidence of a long-term weakening trend in the magnetic field strength of sunspots. Matt Penn and William Livingston of the National Solar Observatory predict that by the time Solar Cycle 25 arrives, magnetic fields on the sun will be so weak that few if any sunspots will be formed. Independent lines of research involving helioseismology and surface polar fields tend to support their conclusion.”

That is even more significant because NASA’s climate science has been controlled for years by global warming hysteric James Hansen, who recently announced his retirement.

But this same concern is increasingly being echoed worldwide. The Voice of Russia reported on April 22, 2013,

“Global warming which has been the subject of so many discussions in recent years, may give way to global cooling. According to scientists from the Pulkovo Observatory in St.Petersburg, solar activity is waning, so the average yearly temperature will begin to decline as well. Scientists from Britain and the US chime in saying that forecasts for global cooling are far from groundless.”

That report quoted Yuri Nagovitsyn of the Pulkovo Observatory saying, “Evidently, solar activity is on the decrease. The 11-year cycle doesn’t bring about considerable climate change – only 1-2%. The impact of the 200-year cycle is greater – up to 50%. In this respect, we could be in for a cooling period that lasts 200-250 years.” In other words, another Little Ice Age.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: To The Horror Of Global Warming Alarmists, Global Cooling Is Here
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
Oh yah!  The horror!

Porretto takes note too, Glock.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »
Until an iceberg wrecks NYC, global warming will be pushed. And I'm not sure that will do it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 05:02:44 PM »
Until an iceberg wrecks NYC, global warming will be pushed. And I'm not sure that will do it.

Maybe if we sit on a neighboring iceberg with our hot-toddies, all parka-ed and muk-luk-ed up, and laugh at them, that might do it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 05:08:23 PM »

It won't take many May chillies to change peoples minds. 
That Memorial Day cold front spoiled a lot of weekends and
they won't be forgotten.  Didn't have the volume up but
Rick Levinthal? was doing a beach report with a heavy
jacket on. Ha Ha warm that up Hanson.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:50:09 AM »
I never underestimate how many truly stupid and ignorant people there are on this planet...or in this nation...or surrounding me on any given minute...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
I never underestimate how many truly stupid and ignorant people there are on this planet...or in this nation...or surrounding me on any given minute...

Truth. The left can spin it how they want and the low information voter will buy it suck it up like a sponge.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 09:38:04 AM »
Today is Flag Day; also on this date in 1994, the Ranguhs won the Cup.  It is the coldest stretch of days in June that I can ever remember, and I was never much further north of where I am now; when I was younger I was in Norfolk (or maybe up in the mountains at VA Tech; but the mountains are, well, the mountains -- hot in the day and cool at night).    It is hovering between 60 and 70 today, with rain; I went shopping this morning wearing heavy sweat pants, a t-shirt, a hooded sweatshirt and an unlined raincoat -- and was still chilled.  Maybe this year will be 1816 redux, The Year With No Summer.  The only thing missing so far is snow.  But for now, all I know is that this is mid to late April weather, not the middle of June with 'summer' only a week away.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 05:45:58 PM »
I would be completely in favor of a new Ice Age. Push the garbage back down into their tropical zone and leave the cold mid latitudes for the diligent and intelligent.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 08:16:17 PM »
I would be completely in favor of a new Ice Age. Push the garbage back down into their tropical zone and leave the cold mid latitudes for the diligent and intelligent.

There's a sign at the sub-tropic border.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:52:18 PM »

You got that right Alan, it was 101 on the pavement yesterday, it won't be hard to spot the heat seekers and send them packing.