Author Topic: Revisionist slander claims American GIs were rapists feared more than Germans  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Here's the latest use of your tax dollars at U. Wisconsin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332670/American-WWII-GIs-dangerous-sex-crazed-rapists-French-feared-Germans-explosive-book-claims.html

A controversial new book about ordinary American soldiers fighting in France in WW2 claims that many civilians did not think them liberators but as sex-mad rapists, thieves and robbers.

'What Soldiers Do: Sex and the American GI in World War II France,' by Mary Louise Roberts, a history professor at the University of Wisconsin, shatters the myth nurtured by the western Allies that GIs were welcomed everywhere they went after four years of Nazi occupation.

Professor Roberts said that what the French got instead, when the first soldiers swarmed ashore at Omaha Beach in Normandy on D-Day, was 'a veritable tsunami of male lust' which the ordinary French citizen came to fear as much as their German oppressors.

The inflammatory account is likely to trigger outrage among U.S. veterans who saw many of their comrades die on the battlefields of France.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332670/American-WWII-GIs-dangerous-sex-crazed-rapists-French-feared-Germans-explosive-book-claims.html#ixzz2Uhn3FUGf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Oh. my. GOD! it never stops, the historical revisionism.  And "accounts" are never, ever revised in a manner that would have Americans or anything we've EVER done appear in a better light; it's always "new facts uncovered reveal we are/were worse than was thought/seen/told".

It's an ongoing assault on our confidence in ourselves, our customs, traditions and history, a belief in ourselves as a people, and I'm sick to death of it.

Why stop at "sex-crazed rapists, thieves and robbers"?  Surely a rationale can be made for "baby-killers" for the WWII GIs as was done for the Vietnam era military.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Dang, I thought the French were sex cravers.

I hear the real story is the professor was rejected at a frat party.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I bet the esteemed scholar would cite every imaginable excuse for the behavior of the Soviets, though. They abused, murdered, and raped German women to the point that the majority of women young and old were subject to some form of assault. But even if you said "well the Germans did start it, and they were no angels to the Russians either" the Soviets also behaved this way in Poland and other countries that were merely the victims of the war, not the belligerents.

But I am sure this professor would find you every reason for a Soviet apologia.

Isn't it tasteful of her to time this book for Memorial Day?

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

On Memorial Day I was reluctantly exposed to NBC national news,
naturally their segment featured "The Greatest Generation" Tom Brokeoff
interviewing some "historian" who, while commemorating the D-Day landing
said our soldiers committed atrocities equivalent to the Germans.
They will continue to take ground until they are stopped. P E R I O D.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Now that most of the witnesses are dead, they can revise the history. Dead people rarely rise up and confront lies and falsehoods so the good professors are safe to revise away. ::laserkill::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I bet the esteemed scholar would cite every imaginable excuse for the behavior of the Soviets, though. They abused, murdered, and raped German women to the point that the majority of women young and old were subject to some form of assault. But even if you said "well the Germans did start it, and they were no angels to the Russians either" the Soviets also behaved this way in Poland and other countries that were merely the victims of the war, not the belligerents.

But I am sure this professor would find you every reason for a Soviet apologia.

Isn't it tasteful of her to time this book for Memorial Day?

These people make me want to go Godzilla on their asses!!!  I think even my mother would grant me special dispensation to slap the crap out of this piece of trash called Mary Louise Roberts if I came across it!  I have no doubt this shyt has nothing but high praise for Commies...probably has one of those scummy Che t-shirts!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Out of millions of soldiers there were...

wait for it

152 rapes.

Let's write a book, for a dumbed down America.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
And like the Germans weren't engaging in "sexual adventurism" as well. Ever read the book Das Boot? Those German submariners lived in brothels the whole time they were in port.

I don't think anyone is delusional enough to insist that every single GI was a perfect angel, but the fact is these were less than 1% of the total and this scumbag is knowingly trying to stain the reputation of them all. I detest this garbage.

I'm so, so ready for the "assume everything you accuse us of is true" stage.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
And like the Germans weren't engaging in "sexual adventurism" as well. Ever read the book Das Boot? Those German submariners lived in brothels the whole time they were in port.

I don't think anyone is delusional enough to insist that every single GI was a perfect angel, but the fact is these were less than 1% of the total and this scumbag is knowingly trying to stain the reputation of them all. I detest this garbage.

I'm so, so ready for the "assume everything you accuse us of is true" stage.

Oh yeah, baby; rather be feared than loved ........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, what the hell, why not?  Lets get scarier!  The Left never pays anybody any respect until you start behaving badly anyway!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Every crappy artist thinks they're being "transgressive" and "edgy" and "deconstructive" by attacking the same old safe targets of Christianity, Western culture and tradition, and so on, even though none of those things has actually been dangerous to these wannabe iconoclasts in generations.

But they won't touch Islam with a 100 foot pole. Because Muslims will blow you up, stab you in the street, or saw your head off. This also gets back to Weisshaupt's point that liberalism boils down to might-makes-right. They demonstrate this fact constantly. Their ability to coerce you through the bureaucracy that they control makes it "right", likewise they show their respect for might-makes-right by the deference they give Muslims, because Muslims operate on the same principle.

There be a lesson to learn there....

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Wow...talk about pissing money down the sh*tter...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

No kidding. And that Australian idiot is hardly the first. This chap did it in the early 1960s.  Somewhat in defense of the Italian artist, I think he was doing it to show just how full of sh*t so-called high culture is in the postmodern world. So he made 90 tin cans supposedly of his own crap, and 50 years later people pay over $200,000 for just one of them.

And remember, these people who will part with thousands of dollars to watch a dance troupe take a dump on a stage, or to buy an old tin can allegedly containing some Italian guy's vintage turds are your intellectual and cultural superiors.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

No kidding. And that Australian idiot is hardly the first. This chap did it in the early 1960s.  Somewhat in defense of the Italian artist, I think he was doing it to show just how full of sh*t so-called high culture is in the postmodern world. So he made 90 tin cans supposedly of his own crap, and 50 years later people pay over $200,000 for just one of them.

And remember, these people who will part with thousands of dollars to watch a dance troupe take a dump on a stage, or to buy an old tin can allegedly containing some Italian guy's vintage turds are your intellectual and cultural superiors.

No doubt these morons also saw Maplethorpe's work as brilliant! 

Really cannot feel much for the fate of such fools, can I?

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Being the curious fellow that I am, I searched the internets thingy looking for stats on Rape in Chicago. Guess what?

How many rapes occur in Chicago?
Answer:
Chicago does not report statistics for rape.

See: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_rapes_accur_in_Chicago

One other interesting stat, since 1995, there have been about 1500 rape kits collected in Illinois, FROM ONLY ABOUT HALF OF THE JURISDICTIONS.

And this POS complains about 152 rapes in the ETO?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Chicago-Illinois.html

Weird. They kept track until 2010 with a steady decline up until 2009. I'm guessing they had a dramatic increase that was embarrassing.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
The Chitcago Way.

::vafancoul::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Every crappy artist thinks they're being "transgressive" and "edgy" and "deconstructive" by attacking the same old safe targets of Christianity, Western culture and tradition, and so on, even though none of those things has actually been dangerous to these wannabe iconoclasts in generations.

But they won't touch Islam with a 100 foot pole. Because Muslims will blow you up, stab you in the street, or saw your head off. This also gets back to Weisshaupt's point that liberalism boils down to might-makes-right. They demonstrate this fact constantly. Their ability to coerce you through the bureaucracy that they control makes it "right", likewise they show their respect for might-makes-right by the deference they give Muslims, because Muslims operate on the same principle.

There be a lesson to learn there....

So this is how the supercities will take care of thier waste.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Don I honestly feel so sorry for you, that you are not sophisticated and avant-garde enough to understand why people taking a dump on a stage is high culture.

/sarc

Seriously though, are we not living through exactly the sort of UNsanity that the Bible prophesied? Up is down, bad is good, ugly is beautiful, etc.

- Yours Truly