Author Topic: UN appears poised to declare Palestinian state on Israeli land  (Read 3516 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
UN appears poised to declare Palestinian state on Israeli land

JERUSALEM — With revolutionary fervor sweeping the Middle East, Israel is under mounting pressure to make a far-reaching offer to the Palestinians or face a United Nations vote welcoming the State of Palestine as a member whose territory includes all of the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem.

The Palestinian Authority has been steadily building support for such a resolution in September, a move that could place Israel into a diplomatic vise. Israel would be occupying land belonging to a fellow United Nations member, land it has controlled and settled for more than four decades and some of which it expects to keep in any two-state solution....

<snip>

...The Palestinian focus on September stems not only from the fact that the General Assembly holds its annual meeting then. It is also because Prime Minister Salam Fayyad announced in September 2009 that his government would be ready for independent statehood in two years and that Mr. Obama said last September that he expected the framework for an independent Palestinian state to be declared in a year.

Mr. Obama did not indicate what the borders of that state would be, assuming they would be determined through direct negotiations. But with Israeli-Palestinian talks broken off months ago and the Middle East in the process of profound change, many argue that outside pressure is needed...

More @ New York Slimes...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: UN appears poised to declare Palestinian state on Israeli land
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »
 ::gaah::

They truly know not what they do, because I suspect they believe Israel will just roll over.

I think she won't, and the UN - those, those ... I can't even think of a word bad enough - will push her into war for survival.  I truly hate, despise and detest them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »
Black September !   ::rockethrow::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »

They truly know not what they do, because I suspect they believe Israel will just roll over.

I think she won't, and the UN - those, those Cork Soakers ... I can't even think of a word bad enough - will push her into war for survival.  I truly hate, despise and detest them.

That help any ?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
Did they not have a chance at statehood in the Oslo Accords? I guess it was rejected by Nobel laureate Arafat because it did not include a provision for the murder of all Israeli children.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »

I think she won't, and the UN - those, those Cork Soakers ... I can't even think of a word bad enough - will push her into war for survival.  I truly hate, despise and detest them.

That help any ?

Thanks, but not really.  It's not profanity/vulgarity that's warranted here; it's a word, in any language, that the banal and careless evil as epitomized by the UN is properly captured.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »

That help any ?

Thanks, but not really.  It's not profanity/vulgarity that's warranted here; it's a word, in any language, that the banal and careless evil as epitomized by the UN is properly captured.

Pan they know damned well that it all means nothing. They can pass anything they like and it has no teeth. All they're looking for is 1-who votes with them and 2- another reason to bash Israel.

Nothing new here.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
After the recent implementation of R2P in Libya, it does mean something, John.  Aside from diminishing our sovereignty by ignoring our Congress in favor of pow-wowing with the UN, it allowed for a test-run trial there.  Now, Samantha Power's name is being bandied about as the next SOS after Hillary departs, the Samantha Power who thought up the "brilliance" of R2P with Israel specifically in mind.

We need to take this seriously and I damn well hope Israel is.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »
After the recent implementation of R2P in Libya, it does mean something, John.  Aside from diminishing our sovereignty by ignoring our Congress in favor of pow-wowing with the UN, it allowed for a test-run trial there.  Now, Samantha Power's name is being bandied about as the next SOS after Hillary departs, the Samantha Power who thought up the "brilliance" of R2P with Israel specifically in mind.

Have no fear as it was written long ago this would happen. The armies of Satan are massing and they're all going to be quite surprised when they get 100% of the ass kicked by our King, Lord and Savior. Don't sweat it! Pray for Israel, pray for those who side with her and pray for deliverance from these awful atheists that side with Satan.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »

Have no fear as it was written long ago this would happen. The armies of Satan are massing and they're all going to be quite surprised when they get 100% of the ass kicked by our King, Lord and Savior. Don't sweat it! Pray for Israel, pray for those who side with her and pray for deliverance from these awful atheists that side with Satan.

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
Israel will no doubt make the appropriate response.

As for the UN, I can't have that trash thrown out of our borders fast enough!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.