Author Topic: Allen West for President  (Read 1872 times)

charlesoakwood

Allen West for President
« on: February 21, 2011, 12:23:25 PM »

Representative Allen West wrote a letter to his constituents, it speaks for itself.
Here it is:

Over this past week I have watched and listened to Members of the House of Representatives from across the aisle.

I am appalled at their arrogance, belligerence, and dishonest rhetoric filled with empty emotional platitudes. Have they no shame in realizing that their inept, incompetent failures are the reason why we are debating this continuing resolution? They failed to pass a budget during the 111th Congress.

Have they no honor in realizing that their fiscal irresponsibility over the past four years has resulted in our standing on the precipice of a fiscal canyon from which we may not recover?

Also troubling are the events in the state of Wisconsin which mirror those that happened in Greece several months ago. We are witnessing the abject hostility of a unionized entitlement class that is being lauded by the liberal left, seemingly to include our President.

It is such a critical time for our Republic, yet there seems no visionary leadership – it is as if America stopped producing adults. I have never seen a greater assembly of petulance and sophomoric behavior as what I have witnessed this week during debate on the floor of the House of Representatives.

To those across the aisle, please explain to the American people how your economic policies have created a better environment for long term sustainable growth.  This debate is about jobs and the economy.

It begins with remedying the spending problem on Capitol Hill. It includes tackling the burdensome taxation and regulation policies strangling our country. It is the understanding that Keynesian tax and spend policies did not grow America’s economy, but the indomitable, entrepreneurial spirit of the American People.

Government sets the conditions for job and economic growth, it does not create jobs. I am pleased that we are having open debate in the people’s house. However, there is clearly something lacking in this discourse – the recognition of the failure of the bureaucratic nanny-state liberal policies.

Rest assured that I will do everything in my ability to stand firm and lead on the principles that make America exceptional.

Sincerely,

Allen West
    Member of Congress

H/T: http://www.floridapoliticalpress.com/2011/02/20/allen-west-ridiculous-rhetoric-on-the-house-floor/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Allen West for President
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »
Amen!

Say it loud and say it often!

God Bless Allen West!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »
Amen!

Say it loud and say it often!

God Bless Allen West!

Ditto!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »

http://www.liveleak.com/e/b66_1298479673

Don't blow wind up my but and call it sunshine.