Author Topic: Supreme Court: DNA swabs at time of arrest just like fingerprinting  (Read 2220 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Except it's NOT.

Kennedy wrote the decision, and was joined by Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas and Stephen Breyer.

Because, according to Kennedy, the "process is minimally invasive", although Ed Morrissey, who sees no problem with it, noted that Scalia, in his dissent, wrote "that the founding fathers would hardly “have been so eager to open their mouths for royal inspection” ".

It's enough to make ya scream.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Supreme Court: DNA swabs at time of arrest just like fingerprinting
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
This is where that mainstream conservative fetish for "law and order" is a problem. How can they not see the difference? A fingerprint is useful for identifying a person, but not a whole lot else. DNA on the other hand is much, much more than simply a biological ID. It contains information about you: who you're related to, what physical characteristics you possess, what diseases you are prone to, and so on. Oh I'm sure that won't be going directly into government actuarial tables.

Did the morons who rule over us never watch any of those dystopian sci-fi movies from the 70s? Or did they merely find them inspirational?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
They come to swab you...I guess we have no choice then...they have to die in order for me to protect rights I shouldn't have to work this hard to have.

This is all going to end so not well!   ::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »
b]This is where that mainstream conservative fetish for "law and order" is a problem.[/b] How can they not see the difference? A fingerprint is useful for identifying a person, but not a whole lot else. DNA on the other hand is much, much more than simply a biological ID. It contains information about you: who you're related to, what physical characteristics you possess, what diseases you are prone to, and so on. Oh I'm sure that won't be going directly into government actuarial tables.

Did the morons who rule over us never watch any of those dystopian sci-fi movies from the 70s? Or did they merely find them inspirational?

It's such a problem, they're overlooking the 4th Amendment; it's such a problem, they're determined to find a reason to approve of any law even if they have to twist the hell out of the Constitution in order to do so.

And these are the guys that are supposed to be on our side.

Kevin Baker has been saying it for almost a decade now; "the courts are not going to save us".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:14:43 PM »
Pubbies still think the courts will work...just need the right people...not that they've done very well on that score...yet, the idiotic notion persists.

Doomed.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »

Another straw.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Camel has a broken back and four broken legs...it ain't gettin' up...need a new camel.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 09:30:09 PM »
If there was ever any doubt about the courts somehow riding to the rescue, that should have been dispelled in June 2012 when the Supreme Court of John Roberts crammed through one of the most truly awful decisions in its history. Roberts adheres to a judicial philosophy that it is incumbent upon the courts to presume constitutionality of all acts of Congress, and when they are challenged the court should make every effort to "find" a way of upholding the act as constitutional.

W.

T.

F?

That's what we're dealing with. The court should supplicate to the legislature, assuming its acts to be constitutional. And by golly if the court has to find a novel interpretation that upholds the act, then so be it. Merely having such a philosophy is grounds for impeachment if you ask me. It is infidelity to the Constitution. The Constitution makes clear that the branches of government setup under it are to be coequal and separate. Adversarial. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the judiciary is somehow obligated to assume anything.

A big part of our problem is that we have so many people who have never lived and breathed anything but Washington, DC. They are so accustomed to finding "nuance" in all things that the simplest observations escape them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »

The muzzies are hell bent on blowing things up and they diffidently prefer the n.e. coast.
The muzzies, with that innate ability to bite the hand that feeds them...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 06:50:57 AM »
Agreed G, 6-28-12 is the date I recognize as the day the Republic died...the rest of these trappings of psuedo-republicanism will be completely swept away in short order...