Author Topic: Fascism in America  (Read 4758 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Fascism in America
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »
A starting point for discussion...

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/06/fascism_in_america.html

"Can anything be done to at least ameliorate fascism's impact? Yes, but, as the barkeep in Irma la Douce, was wont to say, 'that's another story.' "

OK, that should be fun...I think the ways to describe how it can be stopped is a lot shorter than the reason why it cannot!

Perhaps economic collapse will begin to resolve things sooner rather than later...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Fascism in America
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
I've pondered the very question.

If it takes a Pinochet to flush an Allende down the toilet... Would you?  What would be the tipping point to ever cause me to support such?

I'd have to admit, with a government apparatus now actively working against the people, we're a lot closer to being there.

RickZ

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 01:50:03 PM »
This isn't fascism; Hitler loved being German, for an Austrian, and he wanted Germany to succeed.

What we have is crony corporatism, where the government picks winners and losers.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:36:20 PM »
Yes, good distinction, and unlike Hitler the POSOTUS Obama doesn't really give a damn if "America" is successful...he has his sperm-donors view of the evil imperialistic America...ironic it is more imperialistic in operation under Obama than any leader before him or since his sperm-donor spawned his existence!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »
Yes, good distinction, and unlike Hitler the POSOTUS Obama doesn't really give a damn if "America" is successful...he has his sperm-donors view of the evil imperialistic America...ironic it is more imperialistic in operation under Obama than any leader before him or since his sperm-donor spawned his existence!
Come on, give me one five year term and I'll turn the whole country upside down, shake the worthless dirtbags out of her and return her to the people with a few modifications to the constitution that will make her impervious to this crap ever again. I'll leave in five years dead or alive, your choice. ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 07:31:17 PM »
Come on, give me one five year term and I'll turn the whole country upside down, shake the worthless dirtbags out of her and return her to the people with a few modifications to the constitution that will make her impervious to this crap ever again. I'll leave in five years dead or alive, your choice. ::thumbsup::

warpmine for president!!!   ::thumbsup::
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 10:06:06 PM »
Can I be Chief of Staff?  I don't want to be left out!   ::thumbsup::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »
Can I be Chief of Staff?  I don't want to be left out!   ::thumbsup::
Absolutely. Weisshaupt will need to be economics czar.
We'll need a secretary of the treasury that will be able to shake the most out of the liberals as they pay every dime they have to get their exit visa(pay off their debt to the nation they facilitated into bankruptcy.
We'll need a special prosecutor for all the trials (no longer than one hour per)
We'll need someone to artistically arrange all the heads that are lopped off.

Executions will be expensive. Do you think the people will donate some ammunition for the task? Never mind, we'll make the criminal's family pay for it. Still we can auction off the right to yell "ready, take aim, FIRE!" and rights to pull lever for trap door release. Damn, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

More on other choices for cabinet positions later.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:36:36 PM by warpmine »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:59 PM »
We'll need a secretary of the treasury that will be able to shake the most out of the liberals as they pay every dime they have to get their exit visa(pay off their debt to the nation they facilitated into bankruptcy.
We'll need a special prosecutor for all the trials (no longer than one hour per)

I can do prosecutor -- as head of the Justice Department.  No, I'm not a lawyer and I did not stay last night in Whatever-Motel.

It will. not. be pretty.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 10:44:21 PM »

I can do prosecutor -- as head of the Justice Department.  No, I'm not a lawyer and I did not stay last night in Whatever-Motel.

It will. not. be pretty.
My dear, you need only need the knowledge of the constitution for that job. It's not as if they can plead not guilty, because we all know they are. It's my five year plan to return to the vision of the Founding Fathers so the trials will be as easy as reading the charges and the judge announcing the guilty verdict. Remember, these assholes desired a system of swift justice with little in the way of rights to which they've elected to waive them all in the previous actions to suspend the Constitution and rule of law. Bam they got it!
We'll be in need for people to oversee the replacement of firing pins, barrels and other relevant stuff so Gunsmith will be needed as well.
Now, who wants to destroy that awful abomination at Turtle Bay?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »
I want to head the IRS.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 12:00:29 AM »
Need a new amendment to the Constitution and it needs to come before the 1st so I guess that would make it the 0th amendment.

It would be something along the lines of: Mind your own business.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 12:27:57 AM »
I would like an amendment mandating an automatic sunset for all legislation. That would make it easier for bad, ineffective, or obsolete laws to go away, plus it would force any given session of Congress to occupy a large chunk of its time reviewing old legislation to see if it merited reenacting.

I would also do away with the full time legislature. The devil finds work for idle hands and all that. Keep those pricks away from DC for as long as possible. It's really only a modern notion that they should be passing laws all the time, and it's led to busybody government.

If these measures are still not enough, I propose an amendment that in every fourth session of Congress there shall be a decimation decided by random computer algorithm. One in ten congressmen and senators will be executed. The fact that this would occur only every 8 years is to....discourage....careerism in politics.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 05:15:09 AM »
I want to head the IRS.
What IRS?
We need someone at Labor Secretary to get these fat lazy bastards to go to work, burn calories. Of course, depriving them of their govt dependence cards and the like will do that but we'll need an honest assessment of how the programs are working. Economic growth programs. OSHA needs to be hacked.

Precious metals will be money again. Congress will control and regulate it. Revenue will be as in the original specs and from interest on loans, that's right we make the loans to the banks and we get the interest. No money created out of thin air.

Energy policy. Quick pace program to design Generation IV nuclear fission reactors. I want reprocessing of all used fuel rods back into usable fuel. LFTR need to get designed and built ASAP. Water desalinization and pumping stations need to be built for the farmers. I want none of this drought crap to limit production. I want electricity to be as plentiful as air.

Industry needs to get high emphasis meaning all those ridiculous EPA regulation need to be thrown out. Industry needs to be responsible to the environment by volunteering. None of this coercion ever again.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:28:14 AM by warpmine »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 07:07:01 AM »
I think Don was looking forward to eliminating those he was to be given authority over...and I am pretty sure he means to truly eliminate many of them personally.  As CoS I endorse his plan.   ::thumbsup::

Can't wait to see what Secretary Weisshaupt does with the Fed!   ::cool::   ::bustamove::   ::whoohoo::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 08:06:21 AM »
I want dibs on FEMA director. I want to be the last face the libs see on their way to the internment camps!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 08:31:33 AM »
Need a new amendment to the Constitution and it needs to come before the 1st so I guess that would make it the 0th amendment.

It would be something along the lines of: Mind your own business.

And leave me the F&^K alone. Along with what I've accomplished.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
Can I get Secretary of Defense?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »
I would like Chief Justice, please. Now we only need eight more people who can actually read.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »
Can't wait to see what Secretary Weisshaupt does with the Fed!   ::cool::   ::bustamove::   ::whoohoo::

There is only one thing that CAN be done with the fed.  Its charter must be revoked.  The Criminals on its board arrested and publicly executed for treason.

Replacing its function is a much harder task.  Hamilton and Madison went round and round on if a Bank was "necessary" to the execution of the Federal Govt's powers or merely convenient. If we had not had a National Bank,  I think the country would have had a much harder time growing into the economic powerhouse it did, plus our participation in the First and Second World wars would have been impossible. The Civil war and Reagan's cold war would have been impossible as well.  ( and Korea, and Vietnam,and Afghanistan, and Iraq  etc)  Hamilton's bank was primarily to take on the debt acquired by the colonies  via the Revolutionary War.  Before the Welfare State,  war expenditures were the only thing a country went into debt for.  However, for that reason alone, it can be justified.  As much as some "RON PAUL!" folks won't admit it,  profits for the military- industrial complex and their banker allies  aren't the only reason wars are fought or started. And even if we accept the dubious assertion that is the only way they ever start,  there is no denying that at some point they can become existential threats to a Nation.

So a Central bank is probably a really good idea.  50 (or more) different banks in different States all charged with issuing money just  makes it harder to spot one or more of them cheating and cooking the books.  Transparency is needed. Accountability is needed.  But most of all integrity is needed - and that is the hardest thing to come by.  This System must also accomplish two things : 1) maintain a stable and predicable money supply  2) provide a source of funding for liquidity in the form of loans.

I very much like the idea behind Bit-Coin. Bit Coin increases money supply based on a well known and secure  algorithm- so everyone can plan for it.  Inflation itself isn't bad- its unpredictability in inflation that does the harm.   If the source code and networks  could be hardened enough  it might be possible ( but we don't have a way of verifying Voting machines so everyone trusts them..) but Bit Coin requires a high number of servers- under many different parties  to be compromised before any actual fraud can happen.  Each charter would be allowed to "mine" for new bitcoin, and "keep" the proceeds... so in my view each STATE gets a charter ( if it wants one)   to  run the servers and "mine" revenue from them.  This distributes both the implicit gain from printing (which has to happen because of population and growth - if the goal is to keep the value of  money  stable and predictable over time)  to the State government. Inflation is a Tax. Why do we let a bunch of shadowy individuals on the board of the Fed collect and spend it vs. the government? Undoubtedly it would be better for the world and humanity if charters were issued to other nations and probably individuals as well, but no, that isn't going to happen for a number of social and logistical reasons.

Now, If a major government were to back such a currency - AND make 10% of its value redeemable - with a basket of real goods (gold, silver, Copper, Iron, Oil)  which we really should have a national stockpile of anyway, you have a strong contender for something that might actually be accepted ( Bitcoin is under attack from the Feds right now for obvious reasons.. govt doesn't like competition)  All granted Charters would require regular Audits and public disclosure of the systems for security and integrity, and verification that the required amount of hard assets to pay off a "run" are present.  10% of the bitcoins mined by such entities would be used to purchase the commodities required to "back" the newly mined coins, with the remaining 90% being available as revenue. to the Charter holder.
Before FDR almost all contracts had a "gold clause" - where a set amount of the metal would be set aside as collateral to be seized if either party reneged  on its agreement.  - The National-Bit Coin  is merely a Money Supply Control system however, and cannot provide liquidity.

A new entity would be established at the Federal level to be our "central" bank.  It would NOT be unlike the Federal reserve other than it would no longer be a Private Bank.  The Charter would  require yearly audits, and the officials running the establishment  would be nominated by the President, confirmed by the senate, and subject to a vote to retain every 2 years held along with the National election,and  salaries for such officials to be established by congress.   Any "profit" the bank itself makes,  is returned to the Treasury.  This bank, however, does NOT issue bitcoin. It issues "speculative money"  Call it a Blue Dollar.
This bank can produce "blue dollars"  in the same way it produces the green ones now. It can set the prime rate, loan money to congress, and  loan money to other private institutions.  However, the Blue Dollar floats in value against the National Bit-Coin. This is fundamentally what the States are attempting to do when they make Gold and Silver a Currency- provide a stable money supply UNDER the one being destroyed by the Fed. But individual States can not easily or quickly mine Gold and Silver, because they must pay for it with the Damned green stuff. Bit Coin would give them the same power to "mint" money the Fed has.
The Federal Government  can only borrow  Blue Dollars. All Federal taxes are paid in Blue dollars, however the Federal Government  MUST make payments only with Bitcoin except for  expenditures on National defense. .   Thus to get a road built, they can borrow Blue Dollars, and then must exchange them for Bitcoin in order to pay their workers.  For Military expenditures they may pay their partners  like  Lockheed-Martin, Boeing, or Halliburton in Blue dollars ( if those parties will take them) - so sure, they will profit, but less so as the money inflates next to National Bitcoin ( or sound money)

This sets up an incentive for Washington to keep Blue dollars in relative parity to  Bitcoins.  Private individuals may make whatever deals they wish ( loan in blue dollars to be paid back in X amount of bit coin and Y amount of Blue Dollars at such an such an interest. Or they may just go back to having a bitcoin clause- where X amount of bitcoin is held in escrow- or simply chose to pay back bit coin in bitcoin and blue dollars in blue dollars. ) No one would be required to accept blue dollars ( or bitcoin) in exchange.  The point is there is a speculative money supply available at need, and Sound Money to rely on when the speculative supply becomes unstable ( via bubbles, idiotic and irresponsible govt spending, wars and so on etc)   The power of sound money is invested with the several states, the power to borrow with the Federal Government, and the two can keep each other in check..

If we had such a money supply now we would all be converting our Blue Dollars to National Bit Coin, and depositing them in a bitcoin account in some bank which would still be paying decent interest on them ( because they are not affected by the prime blue dollar  rate - each   bank deciding on its own what rate to loan bit coins at and what to accept in payment. )  or loaning them ourselves via investments that pay back in National  bitcoin.   Point is "smart money" would start flowing out of the Blue Dollar,  reducing Washington's spending power considerably ( while still allowing them to prosecute a war if required)

Anyway, that is the View from the Economic Czars office.  Anyone see anything critically wrong or stupid in it?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:00:30 AM by Weisshaupt »