Author Topic: Weld County may Secede from Colorado  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Weld County may Secede from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »
"It's just going to be seen as a crackpot idea by a bunch of crackpot commissioners some of whom are term limited," said Steve Mazurana, a longtime Greeley resident and former political science professor at the University of Northern Colorado. "Some will just call it Crackpottopia."

Die.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »
"It's just going to be seen as a crackpot idea by a bunch of crackpot commissioners some of whom are term limited," said Steve Mazurana, a longtime Greeley resident and former political science professor at the University of Northern Colorado. "Some will just call it Crackpottopia."

Die.

They can call it whatever they want. As long as it happens.  I personally don't think Statehood will happen, but hopefully Wyoming will invite us to become part of her.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »
Can't open the link (Damn work filter!  Probably connected to Prism!)...what's the summary?  Weld Co want to split away?!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »
New state? Weld County floats secession plan for northeastern Colorado
POSTED:   06/06/2013 05:03:09 PM MDT
UPDATED:   06/07/2013 08:23:34 AM MDTBy Monte Whaley
The Denver Post

Weld County Commissioners are floating a plan that would see the northeastern part of Colorado form its own state called "North Colorado." In the photo, an oil well in Greeley. (RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post)
Weld County's bid to divorce Colorado and form its own state is a powerful rebuke of Front Range interests that no longer align with rural parts of the state, supporters of the idea say.

"The people of rural Colorado are mad, and they have every right to be," said U.S. Rep. Cory Gardner, a Republican from Yuma. "The governor and his Democrat colleagues in the statehouse have assaulted our way of life, and I don't blame these people one bit for feeling attacked and unrepresented by the leaders of our state."

The plan to carve off the northeastern corner of the state — Weld, Morgan, Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Washington, Yuma and Kit Carson counties — and form the state of North Colorado was hatched at a Colorado Counties Inc. conference earlier this week, Weld County spokeswoman Jennifer Finch said.

The commissioners, united by interests in oil and gas regulation, gun control, transportation and agriculture, agreed to discuss its feasibility and perhaps put the question to voters in their counties in November, Finch said.

But some see it as ploy to raise the long-term political capital of those involved in the proposed move. Or worse, it's a bad joke.

The Weld commissioners cited a "collective mass" of issues that have isolated rural Colorado from the rest of the state in the past couple of years and put those residents at a disadvantage, according to the Greeley Tribune .

The "straws that broke the camel's back" included the signing of SB 252 on Wednesday, which increases renewable energy standards in rural areas in a way that rural energy companies say is too costly.

Commissioner Sean Conway told the Tribune oil and gas and agriculture in particular are being targeted, even though the revenue the county sees from the those industries makes up 70 percent of the state's budget. He said those dollars don't return to northeastern Colorado, for road improvements for example.

A ballot question for Weld voters could be ready by Aug. 1, Conway told the Tribune.

"There are a lot of people mad out there," Greeley Mayor and former State Sen. Tom Norton said. "You walk out onto the streets of Greeley and every third person says 'What in the world are they (state lawmakers) thinking?' "

Gov. John Hickenlooper's spokesman Eric Brown said "background checks on gun sales, increasing renewable energy and supporting responsible development of oil and gas are popular with rural and urban voters. Not everyone agrees, of course, but we keep trying."

Norton concedes a secession will be difficult to pull off. But at the least, they will get the attention of Denver and the Front Range. "It certainly gets the message out that people are angry."

State Rep. Dave Young, D-Greeley, said he's wary of the proposal. "We'll have to study if further to see what they are trying to accomplish."

Mazurana said the process of breaking way from the state and starting a new one, is long and difficult. Both the state legislature and the U.S. Congress would have to approve.

"All the rest of the states are are not going to want to share their federal aid with this new state," Mazurana said. "And the state is not going to give up oil and gas money on a whim."

However, the notion could draw the backing of well-heeled conservative backers, he said. "The Koch brothers could come in along with some other wingnut groups."

Monte Whaley: 720-929-0907, mwhaley@denverpost.com or twitter.com/montewhaley

Read more: New state? Weld County floats secession plan for northeastern Colorado - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23406235/new-state-weld-county-floats-secession-plan-northeastern#ixzz2VYnfK5Ib
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Of course the comments are filled with libtards  mocking the idea. Because you see, they are a Mob and we better do what they say. How will we survive without the money from the State? How will we get along without their divine guidance, and the usual bitter-clinger nonsense. No one word about the issues that forced us to this point.  One called us "spoiled children wanting to take their ball and go home" .  What is the point of playing ball with people who refuse to follow the rules as we originally agreed, claiming they can change them at a whim? Why play with people who only want to bully and harass you?
One called me Psychotic when I suggested they just let us go or there would be blood.  Why the hell do you think the Sheriffs are unwilling to execute your fascist laws libtards? They don't think its worth their blood.

They really thnk anything the mob passes is "legal" and really expect everyone wil just go along ( after all they would)  its a complete surpise to them that anyone would be willing to die over it. After all, they don't value freedom, why should we?

They really have no clue how much we hate them and how little mercy they will receive when the time comes.  They will of course try to weasel their way out when the barrel are aligned, and I will simply tell them, "No, you had your chance to talk a long time back. You decided to be arrogant and mock us instead.  You will now reap the consequences of that choice."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 02:37:55 PM »
Tell that mob a better and well armed one is demanding this...choose wisely or die...frankly I hope they choose death...more fun for us!

ETA - Time to start handing these out by the thousands!

http://www.gadsdenandculpeper.com/black-patrick-henry-lod.html

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »

Good on y'all. 

Tensions created by the bureaucrats will continue to
cause real, not virtual, movement from their constraints.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »
They really have no clue how much we hate them and how little mercy they will receive when the time comes.  They will of course try to weasel their way out when the barrel are aligned, and I will simply tell them, "No, you had your chance to talk a long time back. You decided to be arrogant and mock us instead.  You will now reap the consequences of that choice."

Yep. I am always reminded of the sleazy character Burke in the second Aliens movie. When they confront him over his obvious attempt to infect them with the alien embryo, he does a typical liberal "Paranoid delusions. It's really sad" condescension.

http://goo.gl/BvLlj
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »

Yep. I am always reminded of the sleazy character Burke in the second Aliens movie. When they confront him over his obvious attempt to infect them with the alien embryo, he does a typical liberal "Paranoid delusions. It's really sad" condescension.

http://goo.gl/BvLlj

Burke was a good guy compared to most liberals.  He was just in it for himself.  He wasn't trying to " Help" anyone.  I'd take dealing with Burke over dealing with a liberal anyday. A liberal would have been afraid to go on that trip themselves- you can bet Burke went with the approval and knowledge of a liberal higher up - who would then claim his low level employee acted alone and without his knowledge.   

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."C.S. Lewis

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 12:06:09 AM »

Oh, the horror.  PTB's will kick and scream.  New, North Colorado would add two more Republican, probably conservative, senators and some small but hearty number of representatives to congress.  OK!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 07:11:11 AM »

Oh, the horror.  PTB's will kick and scream.  New, North Colorado would add two more Republican, probably conservative, senators and some small but hearty number of representatives to congress.  OK!

Yeah, and that is why it won't become an independent state- because for liberals its always about the power.  But then, when citizens eject State employees from the county and start firing upon State Patrol, you can achieve much the same thing.  You become an area like those controlled by the Muzzies in France, where the "proper authorities" no longer matter.

Frankly I would be quite satisfied of the various counties attached themselves to Wyoming, Kansas and Utah, making Colorado effectively a City State, surrounded on all sides by people longing for the cities destruction.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 08:00:23 AM »
Historically there has only been one successful way of carving out your own land to call your own - winning a war.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
Historically there has only been one successful way of carving out your own land to call your own - winning a war.

Yup.

Although, I can envision a scenario where a county deputizes all citizens... militia - well-regulated, of course  ;)... and then sets up checkpoints at all routes into the counties to establish security, detaining for peaceful deportation any state authorities who interfere or breach the checkpoint unauthorized... and then authorizes all citizens within its borders to discontinue paying state taxes.

The key in winning against a greater power without war is to force the greater power into a choice between using its power fully, or backing down. (personally, I think that is EXACTLY where Glenn Beck is coming from, but doesn't feel he  has the ability to say openly, but I digress.) Put Colorado into a position where in order to keep these rural counties from seceding, the state would have to mobilize the national guard/state police, and then start killing people for the crime of not paying taxes and wishing to be free of political oppression.

I realize that puts these counties in the position of possibly being the first massacre in the 2nd American Civil War. But it could also result in North Colorado.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:59:55 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »

Yup.

Although, I can envision a scenario where a county deputizes all citizens... militia - well-regulated, of course  ;)... and then sets up checkpoints at all routes into the counties to establish security, detaining for peaceful deportation any state authorities who interfere or breach the checkpoint unauthorized... and then authorizes all citizens within its borders to discontinue paying state taxes.

The key in winning against a greater power without war is to force the greater power into a choice between using its power fully, or backing down. (personally, I think that is EXACTLY where Glenn Beck is coming from, but doesn't feel he  has the ability to say openly, but I digress.) Put Colorado into a position where in order to keep these rural counties from seceding, the state would have to mobilize the national guard/state police, and then start killing people for the crime of not paying taxes and wishing to be free of political oppression.

I realize that puts these counties in the position of possibly being the first massacre in the 2nd American Civil War. But it could also result in North Colorado.

Your scenario reads very much like that hypothetical war game from the Army command college, the one situated in Darlington, SC perpetrated by evil Tea Partiers. They're definitely gaming for this possibility. But that just gets back to the whole "force them to either use the full weight of their power or back down" point.

The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 12:16:45 PM »

If it is more "profitable" to cut it loose they will.
Political profit is more valuable than dollars.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 12:52:41 PM »
Dissolution is the only remotely peaceable option for the highly divergent values in this country. But the leftist Ruling Class will not permit it, because the existence of any non-Leftist anywhere ever is an intolerable affront to them. They are making violence unavoidable.

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 10:35:35 PM »
Dissolution is the only remotely peaceable option for the highly divergent values in this country. But the leftist Ruling Class will not permit it, because the existence of any non-Leftist anywhere ever is an intolerable affront to them. They are making violence unavoidable.
Of course you're correct in that assumption because they've done it throughout history in SE Asia, the Soviets and of course Germany. Self determination is an affront to every leftist ideologue.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »
Of course you're correct in that assumption because they've done it throughout history in SE Asia, the Soviets and of course Germany. Self determination is an affront to every leftist ideologue.

And the Trotskyites in the Libiot camp think they'll escape the hangman's noose.

If only they killed their own!

I say push and push hard.  Nullification like it has never been seen before, defiance of every Federal and State edict in direct contravention of Founding Principles and Constitutional intent, resistance to everything that has been done to divert from original concepts of Federalism and making the 10th Amendment mean something again...the latter being something the people of Weld County seem to rightly believe in.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 11:30:10 AM »
Added fuel to the potent blaze is this added energy thingy. At the end of the session the Marxists decided to ram through another cut. In the last hours of the session, Democrats rammed through another bill without any input from Republican lawmakers. SB 252 requires rural electric utilities to get 20 percent of their electricity from renewable resources by 2020 while urban utilities in cities such as Denver and Boulder are required to get only 10 percent.

The clincher here is that renewable isn't defined as hydroelectric. What kind of bullchit is that. Obviously all involved should sue using definitions nationally recognized but seriously. The good decent rural co-opt people of CO should just gather a small effective armed force, drive to the capital, organize and proceed to conquer the capital. Hey, it's your state, take it back by the only thing leftist trash understand, force of arms. ::rockets::

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/state-imposes-double-standard-for-green-energy/?cat_orig=money
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 11:40:56 AM »
Rural people need to tell them to screw off, and march on the capitol with guns.