Author Topic: PRISM and Fed spying  (Read 19969 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
PRISM and Fed spying
« on: June 06, 2013, 07:27:16 AM »
SkyNet eavesdropping revealed - Yes Mr/Ms Average American, Your Government is Spying On You!  You Are Not Unreasonably Paranoid!

Another reason why I like to conclude every text with "Obama is a Fascist Punk!" and a conversation with "Oh, and f**k Obama!"...

Send in your drones, I dare ya!

::rockets::

ETA - And here back in July of last year I thought I caught them spying on me!  I guess I was right!

This needs a topic of its own in the proper thread- Pan.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:24:17 PM by Pandora »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Weisshaupt's Tin Foil Hat Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 05:02:34 PM »
ETA - And here back in July of last year I thought I caught them spying on me!  I guess I was right!

You're probably at the top of their list. ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
SkyNet eavesdropping revealed - Yes Mr/Ms Average American, Your Government is Spying On You!  You Are Not Unreasonably Paranoid!

Another reason why I like to conclude every text with "Obama is a Fascist Punk!" and a conversation with "Oh, and f**k Obama!"...

ETA - And here back in July of last year I thought I caught them spying on me!  I guess I was right!

"U.S. Is Secretly Collecting Records of Verizon Calls"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »
This certainly is no surprise....My brother works in the banking industry and you would not believe the frequency the feds are there...and guess where their prying eyes are gazing.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:41:52 AM »
Was posted in Trap's "Adobe" thread under the Science section, but merits inclusion here as well - Prism

Fascists everywhere!  Time to get to the rat-killin' yet?   ::whatgives::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: PRISM and Fed/NSA spying
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 06:20:43 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/06/07/obama-gives-testy-defense-of-modest-encroachments-on-privacy/

... “it’s important to recognize that you can’t have 100 percent security and also then have 100 percent privacy and zero inconvenience.”

I don't recall demanding 100 percent security from any government but I do demand they get their noses out of my privacy.

"Those Who Sacrifice LibertyFor Security Deserve Neither. He who would tradeliberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

This will not end well.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:23:53 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: PRISM and Fed spying
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 06:43:09 PM »

PRISM allows the NSA and the FBI to tap directly "into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio, video, photographs, e-mails, documents and connection logs that enable analysts to track a person’s movements and contacts over time."

Come on buddy, he just wants a little of your privacy.
                                                                                 He'll take the rest.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:29 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/06/07/obama-gives-testy-defense-of-modest-encroachments-on-privacy/

... “it’s important to recognize that you can’t have 100 percent security and also then have 100 percent privacy and zero inconvenience.”

I don't recall demanding 100 percent security from any government but I do demand they get their noses out of my privacy.

"Those Who Sacrifice LibertyFor Security Deserve Neither. He who would tradeliberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

This will not end well.

When I heard that on the news today I actually shouted at the TV "I never asked for 100% security and if this is the cost I'll protect my self and my family without your intrusions, but you are making that harder too".
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 10:57:02 PM »
I've seen several pics that show a morph of O'Bongo and GWB that is supposed to impart some higher meaning to the spy scandal or something.

I thought, though, that a better morph would be of O'Bongo and J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover was said to have had the goods on just about anyone and everyone and because of that he was virtually bulletproof. It was all about power and control with Hoover and O'Bongo is very similar in that regard.

So, I've been looking for an online face morphing site where I can create this thing and have, so far, not found one that works. I'd like to do it two different ways. One where both faces are combined...I don't think that that will be very good since most people probably wouldn't figure it out. The second one would be an animated gif file where the pic starts out as O'Bongo and then becomes J. Edgar Hoover. I think that would be pretty good.

I won't feel at all bad or offended if someone more skilled in the graphical arts does this before I find a way to do it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 05:23:03 AM »

This will not end well.

When I heard that on the news today I actually shouted at the TV "I never asked for 100% security and if this is the cost I'll protect my self and my family without your intrusions, but you are making that harder too".
Would anybody dare to mention the massive influx of Scuzzlims that he keeps the door wide open for. Of course as is the case with all leftist policy, first, you create the problem then you solve it by usurping liberty. Is anyone really surprised by this? Want to improve security the solution is pretty simple, deport this self proclaimed enemy and most of that security wouldn't be necessary. Yes, it really is that simple. Where can we find these assholes that keep preaching this bullchit concept of culture diversity so that I may hit them over the head with it a few hundred times.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:12:08 AM by warpmine »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 08:11:36 AM »
When the government that breaches the spirit of the Declaration that established our rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness and undermines or outright destroys the Constitution and our rights enshrined in the Bill of Rights...and refuses to peacefully end their oppression...well...we are where the Founders were with the British...and real Patriots are coming up short...and that sickens me like I've never felt before.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 08:47:07 AM »

This will not end well.

LOL...I remember the debate in 2006 and Obama was on the other side of it. "Elect me President and I'll end all the bad Bush stuff". Reality is he injected it with steroids.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
NSA Whistleblower: Obama Took Down General Petraeus By Using Illegal Surveillance (Video)

William Binney, whistleblower and former NSA crypto-mathematician who served in the agency for decades, said the David Petraeus sex scandal was most likely exposed using illegal surveillance of his email. (video @ link)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Yeah, this thing keeps getting better and better. I find it immensely funny that when this whole thing (scandalpalooza) kicked off we had it juxtaposed with President Toonces giving his little speech about how no one should listen to people who say that you shouldn't trust the government.

So I was watching "Batman Begins" tonight and this quote kind of stood out:

Ra's al Ghul: Only a cynical man would call what these people have "lives," Wayne. Crime, despair... this is not how man was supposed to live. The League of Shadows has been a check against human corruption for thousands of years. We sacked Rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned London to the ground. Every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

Are we there yet?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Yeah, this thing keeps getting better and better. I find it immensely funny that when this whole thing (scandalpalooza) kicked off we had it juxtaposed with President Toonces giving his little speech about how no one should listen to people who say that you shouldn't trust the government.

So I was watching "Batman Begins" tonight and this quote kind of stood out:

Ra's al Ghul: Only a cynical man would call what these people have "lives," Wayne. Crime, despair... this is not how man was supposed to live. The League of Shadows has been a check against human corruption for thousands of years. We sacked Rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned London to the ground. Every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

Are we there yet?
Yes, we're here at the moment. Unfortunately, it's just fantasy. Want something done, we best get to it and proceed.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »

ETA - And here back in July of last year I thought I caught them spying on me!  I guess I was right!

This needs a topic of its own in the proper thread- Pan.

WaPo - An internal presentation on the Silicon Valley operation, intended for senior analysts in the NSA’s Signals Intelligence Directorate, described the new tool as the most prolific contributor to the President’s Daily Brief, which cited PRISM data in 1,477 articles last year. According to the briefing slides, obtained by The Washington Post, “NSA reporting increasingly relies on PRISM” as its leading source of raw material, accounting for nearly 1 in 7 intelligence reports

Whew, good thing he doesn't read those reports.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »
I had another interesting exchange with my brother.

When the topic turned to PRISM and the HNIC spying and terrorizing American citizens I shrugged it off. When he insisted on knowing why I wasn't frothing (like he was) I simply said:

"The nigger is gonna do whatever he wants because he is encountering zero resistance from the pubbies. That leaves me to defend my own. I've done nothing wrong - I've only told it like it is - so I have God on my side. The terrorists are smothering under the weight of the data they've collected against the innocents and the chances of them showing up at my door are infinitesimal. Oh, by the way, I've also planned for the fractional disparity."

"Bring it."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »
And these have no problem with the continued lying either:

I thought all those highly specific denials about giving the government "direct access to servers" or creating "back doors" were fishy. 

Sure enough, by Friday evening the New York Times had them all walking back Friday morning's passionate denials and "conceding" they were in on it.

“The U.S. government does not have direct access or a ‘back door’ to the information stored in our data centers,” Google’s chief executive, Larry Page, and its chief legal officer, David Drummond, said in a statement on Friday. “We provide user data to governments only in accordance with the law.”

Statements from Microsoft, Yahoo, Facebook, Apple, AOL and Paltalk made the same distinction.

But instead of adding a back door to their servers, the companies were essentially asked to erect a locked mailbox and give the government the key, people briefed on the negotiations said. Facebook, for instance, built such a system for requesting and sharing the information, they said.

The data shared in these ways, the people said, is shared after company lawyers have reviewed the FISA request according to company practice. It is not sent automatically or in bulk, and the government does not have full access to company servers. Instead, they said, it is a more secure and efficient way to hand over the data.

I'm waiting for a more detailed report on them hoovering credit card data as well.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 01:39:45 PM »

"I'm waiting for a more detailed report on them hoovering credit card data as well."

Ditto that, I think they are sucking it all up then on their curiosity do a key word search.  And one small edit: "the companies were essentially asked to erect a locked mailbox dropbox and give the government the key, people briefed on the negotiations said." ...Instead, they said, it is a more secure and efficient way to hand over the data.  Oh fer sure, you betcha, more efficient, ya.  Let the company sort out the info, why a govt dufass when you can sub it out to a conscientious employee for free.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 01:53:08 PM »
Whether it is phone data or credit card data it seems that there is absolutely no reason why potentially damaging information about a specific person or persons could not find its way into the hands of one's political (or actual) enemy. It already has with IRS data.

That is the really big deal and no one is going to care about it happening to someone else. It will only hit home when they, themselves, are affected. For instance, we should see quite a bit of backlash against DumbassCare when the fines/taxes are imposed on those without approved health insurance plans.