Author Topic: ACLU vs Christianity  (Read 10819 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: ACLU vs Christianity
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
...I think the George W. Bush years really emboldened them. They got away with so much....

Think about that for a moment, just as a statement in and of itself.

The Bush presidency was the time in which it was demonstrated to the Left that they could commit the most egregious violations against decency, common sense, truth, and country - and not be held to any accountability or standards whatsoever.

::thinking::

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »
My dad served in  WWII as a Lieutenant. He led anti-tank squads and performed forward reconnaissance. He killed a lot of enemy soldiers. In all of my life I've never seen him raise a hand against another man - although on several occasions I have witnessed him literally wilting a man with a few well-chosen words. At times it bugged me that he would be so willing to let things go. It was his way of saying "Don't sweat the small stuff".

It bugged me when GW allowed leftists to walk all over him and slander him and accuse him of the most egregious and outrageous lies as well and I spoke my frustration (to no avail). I agree that it hamstrung us as a movement.

I'm not at all sure that which we have lost can be regained. But I refuse to "let it slide"....ever.

The left may "win" by overwhelming us but I will make their "victory" as hollow and Pyrrhic as possible.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 02:40:54 PM »
Another of Rove's master strokes. Add that to his thin victories over two certifiable morons. Architect, indeed!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly