Author Topic: Obama's War on Religion  (Read 1336 times)

charlesoakwood

Obama's War on Religion
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »

Here, he took it to the Catholics

“If towns remain divided—if Catholics have their schools and buildings and Protestants have theirs, if we can’t see ourselves in one another and fear or resentment are allowed to harden—that too encourages division and discourages cooperation,” Obama said.

Catholic World News noted:[blockquote]"Ironically, President Obama made his comments just as Archbishop Gerhard Müller, the prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, told a crowd in Scotland that religious education upholds the dignity of the human person. Archbishop Müller said that Catholic schools should promote “all that is good in the philosophies of societies and human culture.” [/blockquote]   Fr. John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article on Fr. Z’s blog and added:[blockquote]
    "Another example of what this man wants: total isolation of any religious values in the private sphere alone. Pres. Obama is working either to intimidate or legislate or even TAX religious freedom out of the public square.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a foreign visit to a Islamic nation where he told people on his arrival that they shouldn’t have madrasas.  Can you?

Did he when visiting, say, Israel, say “You Jews shouldn’t have synagogue schools and you muslims shouldn’t have mosque schools.”  I can’t remember.  Did he? [/blockquote]   
Fr. Zuhlsdorf ought to be on that committee interviewing FBI Chief, Mueller.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Obama's War on Religion
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »
Can you say ass. hole?  I thought you could .....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 04:35:10 PM »
And even aside from his hostility to traditional Western faith, he always has these embarrassingly insipid little bumper sticker bromides, as if somehow he has the insights into complex centuries-old problems that have managed to elude mere mortals this whole time.

It's self-parody. He goes to Israel with his "aww shucks, if we just celebrated our diversity" inanities, then regurgitates another permutation of it in Northern Ireland. And the media still try to portray him as some sophisticated deep thinker. This man is a total fraud, a second rate intellect.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:06:04 PM »
Know what causes divisions?  Not rolling over and just doing as you are told by the bully in chief.
No, wait, I am pretty sure bullying people is exactly what cases "divisions" - divisions that people are willing to kill over.

Well at least he will tell the Madrasas to close too  because teaching religion is divisive, right? Right?
Oh hes not? Its just another BS double standard.  Who would have guessed

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:41:57 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »
Democrats, Liberals, Leftists...whatever you call them or they call themselves (like Progressives)...has always been about division...divide the people from their traditional anchors (by force if necessary) and then they are easier to make vassals to the State apparatus they control.  This is tyranny, this is evil...this is who they are.  There is no peaceful coexistence with this ilk, none.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.